Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

2 hours ago, crawwid said:

I'd say another couple o trialists for Talbot tonight. Aye match fitness & players getting tae know each other is important,  but a wee win does nae harm 😊 

I was wrong 2 trialists on the bench 🙂

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I think u will be in bottom 3 after first 5 games 

And your team will walk the league like last season f**k sake jim players not up to pace with new expectations and some still on holiday. 

24 minutes ago, sel0975 said:

Although the announcer named them according to the team on twitter the 1st half goalie was a trailist along with the 2nd scorer 

Fraser Mcmillan who scored the first goal is a signed player.

Edited by andy25

6 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

I have seen Pollok, Largs, Hurlford and now Talbot. I think Talbot will be mid table unless there is further recruitment to come. Appears to be new era at Beachwood.

I don't think there's any point in trying to predict how a newly assembled side will do based on a couple of bounce games. nobody has seen this side play a single meaningful game yet so we'll have to wait and see.

One thing I'll say is that plenty of sides are quick to congratulate themselves on "winning" pre-season before it falls to bits before the clock go back so I'm more than happy to see Talbot written off if it takes a bit of pressure off the group of players and puts it on one of our rivals.

Who cares about pre-season results.

Its not as if the other so called big guns have being pulling up trees either- Clydebank drawing with Threave, Pollok losing to Huntly and Darvel losing to Thorniewood come to mind.

In the old Junior days I remember Talbot losing to Kello (with no disrespect to Kello) at least twice in the League Cup before going on to win the Junior Cup later in the season both times

25 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I don't think there's any point in trying to predict how a newly assembled side will do based on a couple of bounce games. nobody has seen this side play a single meaningful game yet so we'll have to wait and see.

One thing I'll say is that plenty of sides are quick to congratulate themselves on "winning" pre-season before it falls to bits before the clock go back so I'm more than happy to see Talbot written off if it takes a bit of pressure off the group of players and puts it on one of our rivals.

Totally agree, I have played in teams that strolled in preseason games then started the season poorly and then had the totally opposite when having a poor preseason. It's really all about people getting to know each other , if a few new signings, and getting match fitness back up to scratch after few weeks off. But I can understand why fans like to see wins right away , Tucker is a wily old soul and I'm sure Talbot will have a major say in how the season goes this season as normal. 
on McMillan he's a lovely big lad, never really seen much of him football wise but he was out injured a long time so I hope the move works out for him 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis