Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

We've got 5 points from 8 games.

Kilwinning got relegated last season with 28 points. 

We (Kilwinning) actually started the season ok but went on a bad run and we completely lost confidence and I think other teams could sense it, we started to panic when we lost goals and couldn't work out how to gain control of a match.

I'm not saying the same will happen to you - I still think Sloan will turn the team into a good one eventually but sometimes losing becomes a habit and there is absolutely no mercy in the premier league.

29 minutes ago, andy25 said:

And 3 points were required and were thrown away.

I know mate and always bow to the fact that you guys are there and I'm not. From afar, looking at the results the margins are very small. I firmly believe Auchinleck Talbot will not be relegated.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

I know mate and always bow to the fact that you guys are there and I'm not. From afar, looking at the results the margins are very small. I firmly believe Auchinleck Talbot will not be relegated.

I wish i shared your confidence.

23 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Based on what exactly?

The fact that unlike Kilwinning, there are players in that team who have multiple medals, who have scaled the heights of our level of football and we have the greatest manager ever to grace our level of football. 

Edited by jimbaxters

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The fact that unlike Kilwinning, there are players in that team who have multiple medals, who have scaled the heights of our level of football and we have the greatest manager ever to grace our level of football. 

That's all.

So not current results then 

13 hours ago, energyzone said:

We (Kilwinning) actually started the season ok but went on a bad run and we completely lost confidence and I think other teams could sense it, we started to panic when we lost goals and couldn't work out how to gain control of a match.

I'm not saying the same will happen to you - I still think Sloan will turn the team into a good one eventually but sometimes losing becomes a habit and there is absolutely no mercy in the premier league.

The red flag for Buffs was failing to sort out the defence when it became apparent early in the season that it just wasn't good enough. That and persevering with one or two playersu who were obviously very close to the manager.

Ultimately we could score goals, but just couldn't keep them out at the other end.

Buffs example last season a red flag to any club with obvious fragilities.

As an outsider looking at Talbot, I'd imagine that in a period of upheaval, Talbot as a club will take whatever steps necessary to avoid a relegation battle.

Just goes to show though, the economics created by Darvel at our level of football has had a big impact upon club's like Talbot, probably more than any other club arguably.

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The red flag for Buffs was failing to sort out the defence when it became apparent early in the season that it just wasn't good enough. That and persevering with one or two playersu who were obviously very close to the manager.

Ultimately we could score goals, but just couldn't keep them out at the other end.

Buffs example last season a red flag to any club with obvious fragilities.

As an outsider looking at Talbot, I'd imagine that in a period of upheaval, Talbot as a club will take whatever steps necessary to avoid a relegation battle.

Just goes to show though, the economics created by Darvel at our level of football has had a big impact upon club's like Talbot, probably more than any other club arguably.

I've mentioned on here before, that players being offered substantial money, now outweighs the prestige of playing for Auchinleck Talbot. The whole new pyramid system, has given local businessmen an opportunity to invest serious money at this level , giving them coverage and advertisement if their team becomes successful, and climb the league's like Kelty, Cove, Tranent and Bonnyrigg, all teams Talbot could compete with at Junior level, but are clearly struggling to attract players being offered better money elsewhere. I guess the lure of playing for Talbot and the success and medals that came with it , look to be over, and money will dictate what shirt a player puts on.

Just watched the highlights and yes the goalkeeper is poor for the penalty but the keepers are gifting goals on a weekly basis need to spend there, the second goal the boy a right back got caught between picking his nose and poking his ear dreadfully nieve but at this level its cut throat. 

4 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Just watched the highlights and yes the goalkeeper is poor for the penalty but the keepers are gifting goals on a weekly basis need to spend there, the second goal the boy a right back got caught between picking his nose and poking his ear dreadfully nieve but at this level its cut throat. 

The goals Talbot give away are horrendous. Teams dont have to work for them we give them away on a weekly basis.

A very poor Arthurlie  team were there for the taking yesterday and we ended up drawing with them  and could  have lost the game.

Edited by andy25

Another point from yesterday. 

I actually find it quite embarrassing that Talbot don't have a permanent physio. 

Michael Wardrope injured early on and Tucker runs on with a bottle of water. Another player got injured late on and McLuckie runs across to him.

Amateurish stuff.