Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

12 minutes ago, botlad said:

Agree with second part…. first part i think shows u yhe standards he has set himself… hes been good this season but u think one of his poorer….i hope hes here for another ten years

I hope that as well. At centre half though.

19 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Wasnt there last night but the players must be Shattered,  need this sorted for next season, play Sat Wed at the start of the season or something 

Largs are a tough nut to crack as well-they have had a good season!

58 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Wasnt there last night but the players must be Shattered,  need this sorted for next season, play Sat Wed at the start of the season or something 

@Kennie made a rip roaring arse of the fixtures and needs called out for it.

Was hoping to get to match today and maybe even see if we can walk away with 2nd place. Not only will i miss the game, i've noticed its an early kick off so wouldnt know if we've pipped 2nd place until we get back home anyway.  Regardless of todays result, at least we've got a team to build on and did a bit better than i thought they would this year. A good summer should see us in good stead for next season.

I know we havent won anything this season but I actually think it's an achievement finishing second when you think where we come from we were bottom of the league in September,  also it's near enough a brand new team we have got from the previous season. I think the future is looking good for us, a couple of signings defo a Right back 👍 

5 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

I know we havent won anything this season but I actually think it's an achievement finishing second when you think where we come from we were bottom of the league in September,  also it's near enough a brand new team we have got from the previous season. I think the future is looking good for us, a couple of signings defo a Right back 👍 

Tarek Abeds doing well at right back .

Definitely need a goalkeeper as Glavins away back to Kilmarnock.

To think we were bottom of the league after 8 games in September, what an achievement to finish second with a new squad of players, we have our cutting edge back with a young average age of a squad. Aiden was a season long loan on a full time contract who really came onto his game, I think that would have done us no harm with Killie if they are looking to develop another good player as we helped his development this season which suited us.  Agreed we need another defender for the squad or a fit Craig McCracken, I agree Abed looks a good prospect and hopefully he gets his chance next season. We have Healy returning as well, I would probably still look for another forward to support McAvoy and Boyd, wouldn’t swap Smith or Glasgow in those positions for anyone else. Gillies was getting better every game around the beginning of the year and can fill in at left back as well. Stay injury free in a couple of positions and the future is bright.

2 minutes ago, southerner said:

To think we were bottom of the league after 8 games in September, what an achievement to finish second with a new squad of players, we have our cutting edge back with a young average age of a squad. Aiden was a season long loan on a full time contract who really came onto his game, I think that would have done us no harm with Killie if they are looking to develop another good player as we helped his development this season which suited us.  Agreed we need another defender for the squad or a fit Craig McCracken, I agree Abed looks a good prospect and hopefully he gets his chance next season. We have Healy returning as well, I would probably still look for another forward to support McAvoy and Boyd, wouldn’t swap Smith or Glasgow in those positions for anyone else. Gillies was getting better every game around the beginning of the year and can fill in at left back as well. Stay injury free in a couple of positions and the future is bright.

Id be surprised if Healy returns .

Done both knees in less than 2 seasons.

McCrackens a no for me picking up too many injuries.

On 09/05/2024 at 10:19, Lokloyal said:

Largs are a tough nut to crack as well-they have had a good season!

Largs will be a team to look out for next season as long as he can hold on to the majority of players he wants

11 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

Largs will be a team to look out for next season as long as he can hold on to the majority of players he wants

That’s a really interesting shout that, hard to see where you get that thinking regards to Largs. Not like they had a really strong 2nd half of the season.

2 hours ago, Clubberlang said:

That’s a really interesting shout that, hard to see where you get that thinking regards to Largs. Not like they had a really strong 2nd half of the season.

I wouldnt say that interesting and its pretty easy to see where i got that from.... "as long as they can hold on to the majority of their players" was my main angle there. Could be an interesting summer

15 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Sad news in Auchinleck today,  a good Talbot man has been taken from us, rest in peace Tommy

Just saw the sad news on the Talbot FB page. A huge shock - RIP Tommy. 

1st new signing announced -Ross Clark, midfielder from Culter FC. Ayrshire born. Good stats from last season with 21 goals, 15 assists from 34 appearances with similar stats for the previous season.