Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Teams don't need to try hard to score against us the goal we gave away was shocking. McPherson into c/b, Tarek into r/b. Boy Kerr into l/m and a couple needing bench time. We played with 10 men for the vast majority of the match yesterday.

1 minute ago, beaver watch said:

Teams don't need to try hard to score against us the goal we gave away was shocking. McPherson into c/b, Tarek into r/b. Boy Kerr into l/m and a couple needing bench time. We played with 10 men for the vast majority of the match yesterday.

Do talbot not have the best defensive record in the league? I have not seen the highlights yet however my understanding of talbot even last season they never conceded goals a great deal? Maybe the front line need to score more?  

4 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Do talbot not have the best defensive record in the league? I have not seen the highlights yet however my understanding of talbot even last season they never conceded goals a great deal? Maybe the front line need to score more?  

We have possibly the best centre back in the division playing at right back. We have a young attacking right back sitting on the bench, our defensive record would be even better if players were in their positions.

Just now, beaver watch said:

We have possibly the best centre back in the division playing at right back. We have a young attacking right back sitting on the bench, our defensive record would be even better if players were in their positions.

You’re probably right, 20 years of Tucker and that’s him being found out as being clueless….by a “supporter” that’s probably never kicked a ball in his life    

So if the defensive record is the best in the league as mentioned before is the issue then not going forward? Just looking at stats even last it was lack of a goal scorer that let them down.  

11 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

correct, best record of goals lost last season and currently best this season.

I watched talbot against burgh and might only be one game but they were probably the strongest team defensive wise I have saw this season so far looked pretty solid. Do agree that big mcpherson should be playing at centre half but even at right back burgh didn't go passed him once

6 minutes ago, Montys said:

I watched talbot against burgh and might only be one game but they were probably the strongest team defensive wise I have saw this season so far looked pretty solid. Do agree that big mcpherson should be playing at centre half but even at right back burgh didn't go passed him once

What about the goal they lost, middle of the box and three defenders let a player turn and shoot.

15 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

You’re probably right, 20 years of Tucker and that’s him being found out as being clueless….by a “supporter” that’s probably never kicked a ball in his life    

So if the defensive record is the best in the league as mentioned before is the issue then not going forward? Just looking at stats even last it was lack of a goal scorer that let them down.  

Where did I say Tucker was clueless? I follow the team and have so for 50 odd year but like you say I'm only a supporter and shouldn't have an opinion. You are sitting their tapping out little quotes concerning stats you have come up with while I watch the team every week. Your right about Tucker being in charge for 20 years, but that doesn't mean he can't make a mistake. 

9 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

What about the goal they lost, middle of the box and three defenders let a player turn and shoot.

I would imagine you’d be the type of “fan” even a prime Messi wouldn’t be good enough for.  I looked at the table there.  3 league goals they’ve let in in 5 games league leaders have conceded 5 however scored 5 more than Talbot.   The issue is at the back as far as I can see.  The only talbot game I seen so far this season was the JB game, JB struggled to break the Talbot defence.  A goal scorer for talbot would have gave them 3 points.  

Just now, leaguereformer said:

I would imagine you’d be the type of “fan” even a prime Messi wouldn’t be good enough for.  I looked at the table there.  3 league goals they’ve let in in 5 games league leaders have conceded 5 however scored 5 more than Talbot.   The issue is at the back as far as I can see.  The only talbot game I seen so far this season was the JB game, JB struggled to break the Talbot defence.  A goal scorer for talbot would have gave them 3 points.  

Your the man, I only watch them every week and I have to watch one of the best c/b's in the league play out of position. 

6 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Great but no doubt your stats highlights the type of goals we did lose, some of them were shocking.

do you expect them not to lose any goals? 

it's least goals conceded for last 2 seasons.

last 2 seasons talbot have been 4th in goals scored finishing 2nd both seasons.

talbot had best goal difference last season.

Edited by btw lads

12 minutes ago, btw lads said:

do you expect them not to lose any goals? 

it's least goals conceded for last 2 seasons.

last 2 seasons talbot have been 4th in goals scored finishing 2nd both seasons.

I expect them to not lose stupid goals like yesterday which is a big difference, some of the goals we lost last season were criminal and down to the fault of the defence. Also I don't need the stats as I watch them every week so I have a first hand account, rather than something googled up.

2 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

I expect them to not lose stupid goals like yesterday which is a big difference, some of the goals we lost last season were criminal and down to the fault of the defence. Also I don't need the stats as I watch them every week so I have a first hand account, rather than something googled up.

played 6 games this season and not lost.

been away to 2nd & 3rd in league.

you should be happy!

1 minute ago, btw lads said:

played 6 games this season and not lost.

been away to 2nd & 3rd in league.

you should be happy!

The 2nd half performances against Burgh & Drumchapel have been dreadful as well as the goals conceded in both games.

We maybe don't concede many goals but the ones we do lose are down to bad defending. I agree we do need a goal scorer as we're missing far too many easy chances in front of goal.