Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

You'd be mightily generous to give anyone pass marks from this evening. Similarly to Largs the other week, getting a point actually felt like a relief at the end. Clearly there was fatigue and injury niggles from Monday at play but misplacing so many simple passes, etc. made it a frustrating watch. you can blame a bobbly pitch to an extent but really the majority of it was on the players. 
As far as positives go it's perhaps the hardest remaining game over and done with and Talbot still don't need favours from anyone to win the title. What they do need is a big final push in the last 5 games and I think they can still dig in and produce it. 
It was horrendous. The kind of game that would get football stopped.

41 minutes ago, andy25 said:
46 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
He’s lost a bit of confidence imo after opposition were trying deliberately to break his leg, punching and booting him. Keirs taken a hammering last few games 

The tackle on him the other night was a hard but fair tackle. Darvel player was unfortunate to be booked.

It wasn’t the one I was talking about, he’s been targeted imo last few weeks and i included the likes of the stamp on his leg while it was on top of the ball. I’ve also footage of a player literally trying to bite him. Refs need to do more imo 

21 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

The players must be shattered though, cant be easy playing that amount of games, I know other teams have to do it aswell but difficult to keep a high standard every game.

Am shattered and don’t even kick a ball. The club having a year out then going into a 50 game plus season was always going to be difficult. I don’t know why their is such high expectations playing 4 games in 7 days but everyone doing their best in the situation.

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Talbot have an easier run in than Darvel though but I think the game with the Bens on Saturday is a dodgy one for Talbot

Wouldn't say that m8, Glenafton would be more than happy to rain on our parade. Darvel played their hardest game tonight.

Poorest Talbot team in years I have told yous this. Defensively they are so poor. Kick and rush to strikers and expect to win games from them. They are dreadful to watch. The 2 centre half’s are never by getting praise can someone tell me why all they do is kick it the way they are facing 

Am shattered and don’t even kick a ball. The club having a year out then going into a 50 game plus season was always going to be difficult. I don’t know why their is such high expectations playing 4 games in 7 days but everyone doing their best in the situation.
Maybe make better use of the squad.
Use substitutes more?

10 minutes ago, Cnock88 said:

Poorest Talbot team in years I have told yous this. Defensively they are so poor. Kick and rush to strikers and expect to win games from them. They are dreadful to watch. The 2 centre half’s are never by getting praise can someone tell me why all they do is kick it the way they are facing 

People will be able to make their own mind up when they watch us on TV on the 5th of June in the final of the Scottish Junior Cup (again)

10 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Defence is a shambles. Look at tonight’s goal. 

25 GA in 32 games in the most competitive non league in Scotland. 0 against Hamilton. Who do you think is mostly at credit for that? I’m not saying they haven’t let in stupid goals at times this season because they have but what defence hasn’t? To brand them a shambles is pathetic. The problems don’t lie in the defence that are showing some games of late.

Yous say something like this every season going on 30year now[emoji42]

7 minutes ago, botlad said:

25 GA in 32 games in the most competitive non league in Scotland. 0 against Hamilton. Who do you think is mostly at credit for that? I’m not saying they haven’t let in stupid goals at times this season because they have but what defence hasn’t? To brand them a shambles is pathetic. The problems don’t lie in the defence that are showing some games of late.

Tonight yes they were did you see the goal ? They just punt it straight the way there facing it 

6 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Tonight yes they were did you see the goal ? They just punt it straight the way there facing it 

They conceded a sloppy goal created by a mistake on their own. They weren’t broken down. They weren’t hemmed in for anytime. Apart from that, what else chances did Hurlford have? Where was the goals tonight? Or the chances created? You come on this after every average or poor result and slaughter with nothing said when we do well. Your boring mate. Take a day off.

Edited by botlad

22 minutes ago, botlad said:

They conceded a sloppy goal created by a mistake on their own. They weren’t broken down. They weren’t hemmed in for anytime. Apart from that, what else chances did Hurlford have? Where was the goals tonight? Or the chances created? You come on this after every average or poor result and slaughter with nothing said when we do well. Your boring mate. Take a day off.

, after watching that tonight how can you be positive 

9 hours ago, Cnock88 said:

Doesnt say much for use as they came from 2-0 down 2 beat use 3-2 at ur own ground. Let it go (elsa said) might be the worst talbot team but they know how 2 win 

Mon the papers

12 hours ago, andy25 said:
12 hours ago, Shanner said:
You'd be mightily generous to give anyone pass marks from this evening. Similarly to Largs the other week, getting a point actually felt like a relief at the end. Clearly there was fatigue and injury niggles from Monday at play but misplacing so many simple passes, etc. made it a frustrating watch. you can blame a bobbly pitch to an extent but really the majority of it was on the players. 
As far as positives go it's perhaps the hardest remaining game over and done with and Talbot still don't need favours from anyone to win the title. What they do need is a big final push in the last 5 games and I think they can still dig in and produce it. 

It was horrendous. The kind of game that would get football stopped.

to be fair you must be getting used to it andy boy , surely this title isnt slipping out your grasp ?