Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

2 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Ffs it's only two games gone, if they are still there 6 or 7 games in then I can see why that question would be asked not now when loads of teams above with only 1 and 3 points 

I agree with you here but you have to understand this is a very strange position for Talbot fans to be in.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I agree with you here but you have to understand this is a very strange position for Talbot fans to be in.

Looking at the games coming up we might need to get used to it.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Do you find it strange Jim, how many tried and tested players have been allowed or wanted to leave Talbot over the past couple of seasons. You would think you must have a replacement in mind before a move is sanctioned, you would think just playing for Talbot , with the success and history,should attract players, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Surely Talbot must be able to compete for signings on a par with other teams, or is the money being banded about, causing a completely different scenario for players to think about. It might not be sustainable for teams to keep the money flowing, however it could make it a difficult season for Talbot.

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Do you find it strange Jim, how many tried and tested players have been allowed or wanted to leave Talbot over the past couple of seasons. You would think you must have a replacement in mind before a move is sanctioned, you would think just playing for Talbot , with the success and history,should attract players, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Surely Talbot must be able to compete for signings on a par with other teams, or is the money being banded about, causing a completely different scenario for players to think about. It might not be sustainable for teams to keep the money flowing, however it could make it a difficult season for Talbot.

Under this skewed financial situation, no it's not strange. Disappointing but not strange. Have to admit I was disappointed when Andy Leishman went just 8 months after a testimonial but then if he's getting offered big money then it's difficult to blame him. 

The top players (Talbot class) will be the first to get such money thrown at them. Talbot not getting involved in this is a good thing. The result is less well known/expensive players. That's the way they seem to have gone, for me correctly.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Under this skewed financial situation, no it's not strange. Disappointing but not strange. Have to admit I was disappointed when Andy Leishman went just 8 months after a testimonial but then if he's getting offered big money then it's difficult to blame him. 

The top players (Talbot class) will be the first to get such money thrown at them. Talbot not getting involved in this is a good thing. The result is less well known/expensive players. That's the way they seem to have gone, for me correctly.

The result is inferior players.