Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Its not an unreasonable question..

Another shambolic pre season and mostly piss poor signings added too the fact he hasn't signed a couple of decent strikers as well as mostly  poor displays and results for the last couple of seasons and people have the right too start asking the question .

I'm not a Talbot supporter but admire and envy everything Tucker has done as a manager, he has won every trophy going , over and over. So I'm sorry but it is a totally unreasonable and ridiculous question to ask if he's out depth. 
The guy will go down in history as being one of the greatest, if not the greatest , managers at our level . The quote in my opinion is totally disrespectful. 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Theres cash there to be spent though.

Im no saying there isn’t but obviously no going to spend it , but on what I seen Today you have some good young players but they need help and quality around them and no just one or 2 either , Troon on Wednesday and then Clydebank a week today could put you in serious bother if u don’t pick up any points  and then money will need to be spent and what you get then is players no Getting a start with their teams 

1 minute ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

I'm not a Talbot supporter but admire and envy everything Tucker has done as a manager, he has won every trophy going , over and over. So I'm sorry but it is a totally unreasonable and ridiculous question to ask if he's out depth. 
The guy will go down in history as being one of the greatest, if not the greatest , managers at our level . The quote in my opinion is totally disrespectful. 

You cant live on past glories though. 

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Im no saying there isn’t but obviously no going to spend it , but on what I seen Today you have some good young players but they need help and quality around them and no just one or 2 either , Troon on Wednesday and then Clydebank a week today could put you in serious bother if u don’t pick up any points  and then money will need to be spent and what you get then is players no Getting a start with their teams 

Troon Clydebank & Beith next 3 games.  Dont see Talbot picking up many points there hopefully im wrong.

9 minutes ago, andy25 said:

To be fair most of the ones signed are ones no one else wanted.

Andy are you a Talbot supporter? I know they signed two medda players they wanted to keep, can't speak for signings from other teams but what I do think that wage demands may have proved an issue for Talbot this season given the silly money a number of teams are throwing about this season. Maybe thar has prevented Tucker getting some signings over the line 

Just now, Plantar fasciitis said:

Andy are you a Talbot supporter? I know they signed two medda players they wanted to keep, can't speak for signings from other teams but what I do think that wage demands may have proved an issue for Talbot this season given the silly money a number of teams are throwing about this season. Maybe thar has prevented Tucker getting some signings over the line 

Slooves has been very good.

I'll reserve judgement on Boyd.

11 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Don't want to sound like I'm clutching at straws as we didn't deserve to win but watching the highlights back do we think Smith could have had a penalty? and why is the ref not playing on for the red card incident looked like we could have had a chance at goal

Can't tell if it's a penalty myself but I agree that the ref was too hasty awarding the free kick. As blatant an example of a player taking one for the team as you'll see and the ref allowed it to play out in Darvel's favour. Still a lot of work to score from there of course. 

9 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

There was a collection for the lad at the gates on Saturday. The boy lost his job due to the injury he sustained against Whitletts.

Aye that's what I heard. Didn't want to give too many details in case I wasn't supposed to. That's the Talbot we know and love. 

Big up to those who put this idea forward and contributed 👏