Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

On 28/12/2023 at 08:44, tyson1909 said:

Just a thought, but could it be that it was Boylan himself that wanted to go. Get the impression he wasnt completely happy here recently. Still have a sizeable squad, could more be set to go?

You might well be right. At his age he probably wanted to be starting every week. Still got good couple years or so in him.

On 03/01/2024 at 22:24, jimbaxters said:

Just studied the table there. Not exactly spoiled for goals at Beechwood, eh? Best defensive record in league but second worst goalscoring record 

Yep. We've been pretty respectable defensively after some calamitous early season capers at the back. Could really be doing with someone who can score 20+ a season in the league but those aren't easy to come by. 

Back in action tomorrow anyway, weather is looking good.

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

Yep. We've been pretty respectable defensively after some calamitous early season capers at the back. Could really be doing with someone who can score 20+ a season in the league but those aren't easy to come by. 

Back in action tomorrow anyway, weather is looking good.

Well funnily enough, I heard Troon have a boy who knows his way to goal. Think he's Mark somebody-or-other. See if he's any good and let me know will you?

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Well funnily enough, I heard Troon have a boy who knows his way to goal. Think he's Mark somebody-or-other. See if he's any good and let me know will you?

I know he's 100% going to score against us tomorrow again now I'm saying this but I think he went at the right time. 

Another progressive performance today. The side is looking more like a coherent team unit these days. 

We have two of the hardest games of the season coming up in the next fortnight so I suppose we'll see where we are after that.

The horror shows of St Andrews and Broxburn are still too recent in the memory for me to get carried away with a couple of decent performances but in general, there are enough shoots of recovery to hope we can finish the season respectably and with a bit of optimism in the bank for the one that follows. 

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Another progressive performance today. The side is looking more like a coherent team unit these days. 

We have two of the hardest games of the season coming up in the next fortnight so I suppose we'll see where we are after that.

The horror shows of St Andrews and Broxburn are still too recent in the memory for me to get carried away with a couple of decent performances but in general, there are enough shoots of recovery to hope we can finish the season respectably and with a bit of optimism in the bank for the one that follows. 

We'll need to defend a lot better against Clydebank & Beith. 

Goals we lost today were shambolic. 

Just now, botlad said:

Bring back mccracken and mcpherson at CB…

Gd 3 points however some of the forward play was great to watch… left back looking gd aswell.

McCracken seems to be permanently injured. Agree about McPherson though.

All about the 3 points today after the festive lay off. Room for improvement as always but whilst we won’t win the league we will have  a say in it as we will take points off teams above us as the season goes on, hopefully starting next week.

11 minutes ago, andy25 said:

We'll need to defend a lot better against Clydebank & Beith. 

Goals we lost today were shambolic. 

Definitely. I only saw the second one but it was far too easy. 

Decent performance and a good 3points but lost 2 bad goals both from the same area, for me the 2 Neil's need to play at centre back , who would you have at right back and left back, could McCracken play at RB ? And we can see from both goals that's its our left side that an issue. Cant make those mistakes next week 

52 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Decent performance and a good 3points but lost 2 bad goals both from the same area, for me the 2 Neil's need to play at centre back , who would you have at right back and left back, could McCracken play at RB ? And we can see from both goals that's its our left side that an issue. Cant make those mistakes next week 

Abed is a right back and had a good game against VOL and then not a sniff of the ball this week. Neilly should be centre of defence. Sconville left back. 

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:

McCrackens not fit yet.

We did lose two bad goals but in context have conceded the fewest goals in the league I think.  The first one was a cross from the left but not dealt with in the box, second we had committed too many men forward and Gilroy who has pace to burn took advantage of being one on one. Hopefully those goals just a bit of rusty ness 

I think what was said earlier is spot on-Auchinleck even if not likely to win the league are more than capable of beating every side in contention home or away so will have a big say in what happens 

Nelly at RB still seems weird AF. Just so accustomed to seeing him at CB. I'm always a fan of players being used in their natural positions to get the best from them, which for him is 100% in central defence. 

58 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

I think what was said earlier is spot on-Auchinleck even if not likely to win the league are more than capable of beating every side in contention home or away so will have a big say in what happens 

I think that could fairly be said for most of the teams this year. Nobody is absolutely head and shoulders better than the rest and sprinting away with it and there are a lot of decent teams with little between them quality wise, I'd say we're pretty much where we deserve to be in the table and the better sides would still be too good for us if they were on their game.