Conquering Britain & Ireland

April 2025

Yaq0QaJ.png

We're champions!  That league game against Barry Town was the performance of the season, and in particular from Dmitris Panagiotidis who got 3 goals and an assist. That put us 6 points clear of Barry with two games left each and a massive goal difference advantage, so that was the game when we won the league as far as I'm concerned.

It was mathematically confirmed before we played Cefn in the next game as Barry lost to TNS in the final minute, and we played with no pressure to win easily, with Watts and Byrne again scoring the goals. I played a couple of guys who've not played all season against TNS to try and get the league winners medals, and it was an exciting end to the season.

I also made the Welsh Cup final, where I'll face Connah's Quay Nomads.

Op45bjp.png

Second lowest points total for any winner since the save began, but I couldn't care less.  We've taken our chance with TNS having a poor season, which was always going to be necessary.We're also the highest scorers since the league began, largely due to Byrne and Watts being obviously far too good for the league.

Anyway, a quick rundown of the sqaud...

muyOR1L.png

As I said, Watts and Byrne are far, far too good for the division. 63 goals and 14 assists between them in all competitions. Ridiclous. 

Dmitris Panagiotidis was also a huge player, 11 goals and 17 assists isn't bad. Mema was meant to be his competition on left wing, but broke his leg and missed most of the season, but Panagiotidis stepped up and we didn't miss him. 

I've only got one game left with this bunch, and I'll definitely be trying to raid this squad wherever I end up next.

AwFCuhj.png

That's Blackburn Rovers, in the English Premiership, looking at Byrne. Far too good for this league.

Anyway, I've the Welsh Cup final and then I'm away. 

Welsh Cup Final

I've made the final of the Welsh Cup 3 seasons out of 4, so it seems fitting that it's my final game in Wales.

We're playing Connah's Quay Nomads, who finished 8th in the league but I always seem to have a tough time against them. Their route to the final was:

Mvz1OF0.png

Pretty tough stuff, playing top flight sides all the way. That 4-1 pumping of TNS is impressive as well. Our route was:

4JFfkou.png

A mixture of top flight and lower league, although Port Talbot were garbage despite being in the premier league. 

Onto the game:

Spoiler

4MQGouT.png

Who else but Dave Watts to  drag us to to victory? Much tougher than it should have been, especially given them playing with 10 men for most of the game, but I've been able to sign off with a win, and that's all that matters.

0Y1To9a.png

We also set a few records this season...

rS815RZ.png

UVaEs0g.png

KrcoI4u.png

ajeyjMU.png

Aye, it' s been an alright season.

6DhG0Q0.png

So, having done what I set out to do, I'm done with Wales after 4 seasons.

The End of Season Awards also saw the following.

O24u1Ro.png

5djydzm.png

Inexplicably, none of my players won player of the season, but the guy who did didn't make the team of the year....

One sour note, and it's annoyed me significantly more than it should have, is this.

vDhRjKP.png

Favoured Personnel? I've taken their major honours tally from 1 to 5 in 3 seasons, and only one I didn't win was in 1900, and I'm only favoured personnel? Aye, sound mate.

Anyway, I've got the Gold Cup with Curacao to look forward to, and I'm on the lookout for my next job...

jb9gnhz.png

Oh brilliant, absolute nothing of interest available. I'm hoping for something in either of the Irelands, as they seem the next logical step from Wales.

June 2025

L7KJoS7.png

Well, it turns out that Costa Rica are actually quite good. We beat Antigua & Barbuda very easily away, but Costa Rica destroyed us. Fortunately, they also beat Panama 4-0, so I'm expecting them to win all their games, and Antigua to lose all of theirs. The big games will be between us and Panama....

OkxrX5W.png

Sitting in second place currently, which (as long as we're better than one of the other 2 teams in second place) will get us into a playoff - with no USA or Mexico in qualifying, this is the best chance Curacao will ever have to get to a World Cup, so very hopeful.

Anyway, next month we have the Gold Cup...

The Gold Cup 2025

I've been waiting for this since the Nations League in 2023, when a solitary win against Canada was enough to see us qualify, and we have Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada in our group - so unfortunately, I think the aim will simply be to avoid finishing bottom of the group - and the FA agree with that, expecting us simply to be competetive.

Lets meet the squad.

oPJlTXU.png

A real mix in terms of quality, with a couple of very good players mixed in with a load of Dutch lower league guys, and a few boys without clubs. It's also a very old squad, with the majority in their 30's - and the two young players are only along so that they can't switch to the Netherlands if they turn out ok.

Our main players are Juninho Bacuna, Rangelo Janga and Brandley Kuwas...

Spoiler

DbMaDAO.png

8eHwV9o.png

3Or25hI.png

We played just one warm up friendly, against the hosts of the tournament.

HetGKxG.png

A loss, but we played fairly well so I'm happy enough with that. Playing an actually good team in a friendly makes a change as well. 

Matchday One

iKo6uXm.png

It would have taken a miracle for us to beat Mexico, so I'm not too fussed about that. They've got guys playing for Chelsea, Arsenal, Zenit and Porto - our best player is at Huddersfield.

Canada getting a  draw against Costa Rica throws the whole thing open, but I would still be shocked if we do anything other than lose comfortably against Costa Rica, and less comfortably against Canada.

Matchday Two

uQhAImV.png

I'd have taken a draw in a heartbeat before the game, but I can't believe we've thrown that away. Our first goal was an absolute gift. Remember Nadir Ciftci's goal against Rangers in the Scottish Cup semi? It was exactly like that basically. Our second was borderline offside, but a pretty decent header from Bacuna's cross. We then fucked it in the last 5 minutes, BUT if Costa Rica lose to Mexico (which they should), then the winner of Us v Canada will go through.

Spoiler

Matchday Three

4CB5vkZ.png

What a fucking performance! Conceded an early penalty, but then there was a 6 minute period where we got 3 goals, with two absolute screamers from Bacuna,. I was nervous for most of the second half after Costa Rica equalised, and then again when Canada got one back - thought we were about to blow it again after Costa Rica, but we were able to get the ball to the corner and keep it there. Buzzing.

wj3j2hT.png

We're heading to the Quarter Finals...

8yuG2yP.png

Spoiler

Quarter Final

Haiti are a decent side, but certainly one that we can beat on our day and reaching the semi final would would be some effort...

Ob4Y7JE.png

We're in the fucking semi final! I have no idea how this has happened, but we're actually in the fucking semi final!

They were better than us. They had all the chances, and, while we had most of the possession, we did very little with it until  Martina scored an absolute screamer from the edge of the box on the right hand side. They also had a goal disallowed, and I have no idea what it was for. I think it said "pushing another player" but it was an incredibly dodgy decision...

xJRdDmx.png

It's the hosts next. This will be a step too far, they've scored 25 goals in their 4 games so far, and only conceded 1....

Spoiler

Semi Final

Gx1XC8K.png

Mind when I said this would be a step too far? Aye, that. Pumped

Still, great effort getting this far.  Mexico won the tournament in the end, winning the final 2-1

We've got some really big games in the World Cup Qualifiers next month, so hopefully we can carry this form into those. I mean, not the last game obviously, but before that.

44 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Coleraine seems a decent option for winning the Northern Irish league. Probably easier than catching TNS with Aberystytywhwhtbnhgogogogoch

They've won it before unfortunately, so I've ruled them out.

I am regretting making that rule slightly, but oh well. 

September 2025

5w7tI7h.png

Couple of very good results in the world cup qualifiers - beating Panama in particular puts us in the driving seat to get to the World Cup.

kZlCmDL.png

Costa Rica have drawn twice this round, which puts us top, and firmly towards qualification.

Still no club job, the only things that have come  up have been in the Englsih Conference - which seems like a complete waste of time.

October 2025

B13x4vc.png

Ah, we've completely fucked that up. Last minute equaliser disallowed against Panama as well.

A draw in either of those would have seen us into the playoff to qualify, but as it is, we're not going to the world cup

v0fAmKr.png

Second, but we were a point worse than the other teams coming second in their group.

kFp6d4T.png

I'm not doing better than the semi final of the Gold Cup, and I'm not hanging around another 4 years to try and qualify for the World Cup again. It's been great, but time to move on.

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You definitely weren't due for a playoff spot, were you? I think CONCACAF has two playoff spots for the 2026 World Cup.

Aye, unfortunately those went to  footballing powerhouses Haiti and El Salvador who both came second in their group but got more points than me.

D7COLIc.png

Well, I've managed to get another job, and I'll admit it's a step down from where I wanted to be - but Ireland has a top flight of 10 team, and 9 of them have won it before - the one who haven't have just been promoted, so that job won't be coming up for a while.

Anyway, Cobh Ramblers, in the Irish First Division. Throughout the save, they've only finished in the playoff spots once, and came 8th in the league last season. Plenty of work to do. 

Meet the Team

4 stars is good player for the Irish First Division

fm5xjmC.png

Oluwa my best option, but could absolutely do with improvements here. Will give Dave Watts a shout, and see if he's up for it...

3sdl4wD.png

Brennan is on loan, which ends shortly - I'll try to keep him around. Other than that, Higgins is a good option on left wing, but massive upgrades needed

w0OLZOV.png

Timlin is a good player, but I really need someone to partner him. This isn't really food enough.

zjkfgYm.png

Another area where I really need to upgrade, one centre half and a right back isn't really good enough to have a solid defence.

uJ65zqM.png

Oh Christ, that's absolutely dire. Goalkeeper has to be my absolute priority

So, that's my squad upon arrival. All of the loan players will be leaving shortly as well, so It's probably even weaker than that really. Lots of improvement needed, and I'll be trying to bring in a lot of players - will also see if I can raid my old Aberystwyth squad. 

Transfers

EANqLF0.png

Some nobodies released. Kevin Taylor was my best left back, but was actually nowhere near good enough, and Scordo was an appalling youth player.

f5oWi1h.png

Keith Collier was signed by my assistant for the youth team and he's unlikely to make any appearances. 

I got a couple of players from Aberystwyth, but I couldn't convince Watts, Byrne, Hill or Murphy to come  - which was devastating as they were the guys I was really wanting.

Anyway, Panagiotidis - an absolutely top boy. I had strength on left wing, but I couldn't help but sign him after his exploits for me at Aberystwyth, and he is better than what I had, plus it allows me to play Higgins elsewhere where I'm not as strong.

Spoiler

wUsvsIn.png

The other former player I've signed is Brewerton, my goalkeeper from Aberystwyth. He's a massive step up from what I have, and I think he should do well as I go forward. 

Spoiler

lCpmIgS.png

My only other permanent signing was Kian Leavy, a centre midfielder. He's fairly solid, nothing spectacular, but should do well for the season at least.

Spoiler

WC4Hzkw.png

Also brought in a couple of loan players, firstly with left back Eoin Healy, who looks very limited technically, but should do fine at the level I'm at.

Spoiler

EHGJqnn.png

The other one was Ben O'shea, who was my second choice for an attacking midfielder, but Brennan refused to come back. He looks fine though, should do a job for the season.

Spoiler

OvQKThv.png

Well, it went alright, but I wasn't able to fill all the gaps in my squad that I wanted to. Still, I think that our squad should be good enough to make a challenge for the playoffs.

February 2026

IQYIwbA.png

Well, I'd say that's an alright enough start to the season. Admittedly, both UCD and Cabinteely have been amongst the poorer teams in the division in the last few years, and Newbridge Town are in a lower division, so it's hard to gauge how we'll do this season, but I'm happy enough so far.

YjQ4KNp.png

Early days, but ok enough.

March 2026

MPZnAuE.png

A very good month, with one obvious exception - which was a complete  disgrace of a performance. Our winner against Limerick was in the 96th minute, which was complete scenes.

We're doing pretty well, for the most part, so I'm quite pleased with the team. 

dSfyfLH.png

Weird that we're 6 points ahead of a team that beat us 6-0, but there we are. This league does a weird 27 game season, so plenty of games left.

WdeHnZV.png

Oh, that's nice.

April 2026

usaEy15.png

Well, a pretty mixed month, with a decent end to it. Quite annoyed about losing to Wexford in the League Cup, their 2nd goal came straight from us having a penalty. Apparently Cobh Wanderers are fierce rivals of ours, so pleased to beat them even though we had to come from behind.

5 points in the League though, and into the final of the Munster Senior Cup - they seem to have these county cups in Ireland, and the sides in Munster are mostly crap, other than Cork City. They got knocked out, and the final will be...

YtUMkxg.png

PqkEOFM.png

Still second in the league, and not fallen too far behind Finn Harps despite the loss.

Also picked up a new centre half in David Fitzpatrick - looks pretty good for our division, should allow us to build a solid backline.

Spoiler

y49Lgey.png

May 2026

W9kLgpA.png

Only a last minute winner against Limerick stopped this being a terrible month. The fact that we can't beat Wexford, a laughably bad side, is really frustrating me.

At least we weren't humiliated by Bray this time.

0Wbd0gT.png

Still in the playoff spots, but the league is very tight and we could easily fall out of them if our form doesn't pick up.

June 2026

rDMjkq3.png

A good month, won both our league games. We lost the final of the Munster Cup, but I don't give a shit about that, and given that it got less fans than my league game against them a few week earlier, neither do the fans.

Finn Harps seem to be doing their best to throw it away - no wins in 4 games for them.

RA0vley.png

We're top of the league after a decent month. Still ten games to go though, so would be surprised if we stay here.

CcWqZq7.png

Wonderful.