Billy Connolly

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Fergie can be counted as one of the best managers, took that pish poor wee club up north to some success in Europe.

The Big Yin has to been one of the best comics. He has been a good laugh for ages.

What did he say that made you laugh?  

The moon landing was in 1969.

What are your favourite crisps?

He was funny once upon a time, the Cruxifixction and the story about the priest coming to visit with the coats on the bed were good.

He became a pretentious twat who started to speak with the most ridiculous accent.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

He was funny once upon a time, the Cruxifixction and the story about the priest coming to visit with the coats on the bed were good.

He became a pretentious twat who started to speak with the most ridiculous accent.

He never sounded like he was from Dundee. Never!

Just now, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

He never sounded like he was from Dundee. Never!

There’s a brilliant interview with Gerry Rafferty in his later years, one of the few I think he did, it’s probably on YouTube.

The similarity between his voice and Connolly’s in his early days when he wasn’t doing his act is quite incredible.

Of course the performed together before Connolly got into comedy.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a brilliant interview with Gerry Rafferty in his later years, one of the few I think he did, it’s probably on YouTube.

The similarity between his voice and Connolly’s in his early days when he wasn’t doing his act is quite incredible.

I really warmed to Connolly again after listening to him on the Adam Buxton podcast recently. It’s a good listen if you have a spare hour. He talks about Rafferty’s later days, sitting in his own pish in a hostel in Ireland.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'll look for it.