The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any opinions on Florian Hoti? Been linked on loan with us.

Absolute shite. Struggled to hold down a place in a Forfar team relegated from L1.

One of these guys who isn't an attrocious footballer but you would really struggle to say what he does or what his strengths are. You could put him in a football kit and he'll play and not embarrass himself but he won't do anything either. 

We need another midfielder, preferably one who can pass, tackle and do the stuff that is required of a midfielder. McNulty remains as impressive as he has been in his entire United career so far. Some of the defending is utterly shambolic.

Peter Pawlett can get so far to f**k that he may be the first man on Neptune.

The only excuse Courts will have for not starting Sheep is that he didn't have a full 90 in him. 

Pawlett I thought was actually alright and made some decent forward runs and play. 

But f**k me that was dire tonight. 

Turning up in the second half 2 nil down is relegation material. 

I'd prefer to start with a whole new management team.  Assume Neilson was due his Academy contract game...

Typical United a chance to start positively.  Only real 'surprise' was Clark didn't start. Can we sell Courts and Asghar this window?

Edited by Finn Seemann

We are definitely in the relegation mix, especially as County seem to have really sorted themselves out now.

The defensive solidity is gone. McMann tonight managed to show himself up more than a young centre-half playing out of position. But we've been leaking goals for a while and that's a huge problem when we're still very limited going forward.

Also, given we're really struggling to create clear cut chances, we can't have our strikers missing opportunities like the one McNulty blazed over at 2-0. That was appalling.

Bringing on the league's top scorer to replace Niskanen on the wing was hardly encouraging either. Niskanen was as poor as anyone else tonight but taking him off for a striker who is comfortable drifting out wide shows how limited are options are for wingers.

Edited by captainkev

29 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

I'd prefer to start with a whole new management team.  Assume Neilson was due his Academy contract game...

Typical United a chance to start positively.  Only real 'surprise' was Clark didn't start. Can we sell Courts and Asghar this window?

Id happily see Asghar and chums ushered out the door pronto. But its not happening. 

Why is Freeman not starting? 

Why did Watt not start? Hes on fire and we've splashed big money on him. 

Get McNulty away to feck. Hes been rubbish for us, why start him over Watt?

Guys like Harkes and Pawlett have been, in the main, fucking stinking for us since day 1 bar a couple of purple patches. Get them out and bring in the young guys. Even drop one of them and give someone else a go.

That first half was as bad as anything I can remember. Tactics seemed to be give the ball to Levitt, who was sitting so deep he was almost on Arklay Street. Full backs were either instructed not to get up the park or couldn’t do so due to Nisksannen and Pawlett stinking out the flanks. Though Pawlett at least showed some effort. Fuch knows what’s happened to Jeando.

Second half better, particularly when Freeman came on, but all too frantic and a lack of composure in key areas typified by that McNulty sitter. McNulty miles off it tonight, looking like a player who hadn’t kicked a ball for four months funnily enough.

If Pawlett is going to play it has to be as an attacking central midfielder. He offered nothing on the touch line and looked better coming inside.

No problems with Levitt coming deep to get the ball given he can play a pass but you need the full backs at least willing to push up to offer an outlet.  First half, nobody seemed to receive the ball in the opposition half actually facing their goal.

9 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

If Pawlett is going to play it has to be as an attacking central midfielder. He offered nothing on the touch line and looked better coming inside.

No problems with Levitt coming deep to get the ball given he can play a pass but you need the full backs at least willing to push up to offer an outlet.  First half, nobody seemed to receive the ball in the opposition half actually facing their goal.

Pawlett should only play if Glass, Meekison, Mochrie, the tea lady, my 3 legged dog and the old blind guy next door to me are all unavailable. 

Levitt is a good player but with numpties like Harkes are all you've got in front of you then he'd be as well playing centre half and lumping it at McBookie up front.

Ps my dog is better than Harkes by some considerable distance.

Time up for courts 5 points from 33 with that team isn’t good enough

why on earth we played a centre half at right back for 70 mins tonight is complete and utterly baffling 

The 433 formation hasn’t worked for months albeit we’ve had to switch to 3 at back in recent games 

Saturday id go 

errikson 

Freeman Edwards mulgrew mcmann 

levitt butcher 

watson pawlett appere  

watt 

we are crying out for a few wingers to be signed, pawlett and especially niskanen are pish