LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

D'Acol was definitely our best striker since MAC, who he may have even been better than but played under a much worse manager. It took him a year to shift a load of weight, but he was a very good footballer which showed in his linkup play more than anything else.

I thought Oakley worked hard and was fine at winning headers but every other striker we had in that period was better at at least one thing. He just seemed pretty average.

Can anyone explain the Marcus situation to me? Tried to decipher it from various Tweets but gave up.
Folk giving him hassle about Accies TV, he deletes his account then posts something about Sevco on Instagram?
Way too old for this shit.
Seems to be.

He doesn't take criticism well and I think he gets stick because he's an accessible club official as opposed to doing anything wrong himself, but his attitude to fans can be pretty dreadful at times. That might be a result of getting some really stupid comments that apportion some of the blame for bad results on him.

The comment that sparked this was just having a go at AcciesTV, though, which I thought was entirely fair. The content that's come out of Accies has been shite all season.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is your strikers "ranked" by my shitty system.

760331210_Hamiltonstrikers.png.fff59a87ac204586d0cfc0534eb18a3e.png

Scores are out of 10. Edouard is the 10 rank, Craig Wighton the 0.

Your system is probably fairly accurate.  Oakley in 19/20 was half the player he was the year before.  D'Acol is definitely the best we're had since MAC.  Oggy got better in 19/20 compared to 17/18.  Rakish Bingham was fucking rotten, he's maybe a little higher than I thought he would be.  And Eamon Brophy had plenty of chances at Accies, and never really grabbed them; wasn't surprised when he was freed/left, and I have been surprised he's done so well at Killie.  Your system is pretty much bang on the money, IMO.

Edited by Shotts56

On 23/11/2020 at 12:19, Shotts56 said:

Your system is probably fairly accurate.  Oakley in 19/20 was half the player he was the year before.  D'Acol is definitely the best we're had since MAC.  Oggy got better in 19/20 compared to 17/18.  Rakish Bingham was fucking rotten, he's maybe a little higher than I thought he would be.  And Eamon Brophy had plenty of chances at Accies, and never really grabbed them; wasn't surprised when he was freed/left, and I have been surprised he's done so well at Killie.  Your system is pretty much bang on the money, IMO.

Whilst I liked D'Acol, I don't think he was nearly up to par with what we needed as a striker. Playing predominantly as a lone striker in a team on the downward slide didnt help his cause either.

I really liked Rojano, aggressive and with pace, he came in unfit and never really got going sadly. 

Miller I feel could've been our big star,  however what chance did he have being under Canning's rule? played on the wing  when he was rattling in dozens of goals as a centre forward in the juniors. 

Brophy I was glad to see the back of, I still think he flatters to deceive, the Scotland call up was also a bit of a joke, considering better players had finer form and never received a call up.  

Edited by JudgeFlash

1 hour ago, JudgeFlash said:

Miller I feel could've been our big star,  however what chance did he have being under Canning's rule? played on the wing  when he was rattling in dozens of goals as a centre forward in the juniors. 

Canning did a decent job with Mikel Miller. Took him from the 8th tier of English football, showed some patience to get him to the required standard and now he's a semi regular starter in the Championship. Compare and contrast with how Rice is developing Tunde a player from a slightly higher level with a similar scoring record to Miller and who probably won't kick another ball for Accies.

D'Acol is another decent example of a player who Canning took from playing Greek 3rd division football and slowly getting him to a standard where he did a decent job as a premiership striker.

Rice was on the phone in on Clyde tonight saying team was devastated by injuries and thats why we are so poor. He has not been able to play the same team at all this season. Oh and Templeton when fit is one of best players in league. Granted Temps is decent enough, but one of best payers in league. has Rice been smoking lino ??

As for bringing in Dougie if they decide to punt Rice, not for me. Decent player, very limited mangerial experience, not what we need. Guess they are hoping for another Alex Neil

Rice was on the phone in on Clyde tonight saying team was devastated by injuries and thats why we are so poor. He has not been able to play the same team at all this season. Oh and Templeton when fit is one of best players in league. Granted Temps is decent enough, but one of best payers in league. has Rice been smoking lino ??

As for bringing in Dougie if they decide to punt Rice, not for me. Decent player, very limited mangerial experience, not what we need. Guess they are hoping for another Alex Neil

Obviously Rice talks complete shite, but a fit and firing Templeton is probably one of if not the best player in the bottom 6.

The only player in our rabble of shite that would get into most other teams (bar the OF) match day squads.

The last couple of matches have reminded me of a spell in October 2018 (funnily enough, I'm sure it was after an international break again). We lost to Rangers and drew with Killie but the shape of the team looked much better and it was miserable, nasty but somewhat effective football. It's not worth getting optimistic about as any good thing we come onto in the Premiership gets dismantled immediately, but we might actually see a win before Christmas!

22 hours ago, smc4761 said:

Templeton is a great player, to be fair, and I would love him to play for us. 

I thought you were unlucky not to win it at the death today, I really thought you'd nicked it for a split second, and a point against Aberdeen's a good result. It gives me some hope for the next two games against them!

On 18/05/2020 at 16:18, Dons_1988 said:

For the amount of hatred they generate just for having two stands, and for consistently pumping Hearts when it mattered, Hamilton are one of the good guys.

Glad to have you on board for yet another year, lads.

I take it back. f**k off.