Songs from overseas.

Classic, love a lot of song auf Deutsch  and like to think I can understand a decent amount, being part German but to be honest I probably understand a lot more French thanks to school and living in Canada for a few years. I love MHD! Last I heard he was in jail though

• 3 weeks later...

From 'The Tube' in 1983. Muriel Gray can be seen in the very last seconds. Brilliant song, but not been played live for umpteen years due to getting hijacked by right-wing @rseholes.

Edited by German Jag

Black Metal from Poland in Old Church Slavonic with Eastern Orthodox influences

There's also currently two bands using the Batushka name. This is the genuine & proper one by the band's founder as opposed to the band on Metal Blade records.

The best song pop song ever was written in Japan in 1984 & I'll 12 Ruel Street anyone who says otherwise. The song which only reached number 86 in Japan was unknown outside it's homeland until it surfaced on youtube in 2017 spurred on by the booming Vaporwave genre which plunders all things Japanese including the 'city pop' genre that the song belongs to.

I'm not really a fan of this type of music but this song has followed me for the 20 years i've been living in The Netherlands, i hear it at least once a week usually blaring out of an apartment window today it was playing in the supermarket. 

Belgium's entry for Eurovision 1980. The song is a piss take of the entire Eurovision spectacle & the band were dissapointed not to finish last after getting 10 points from Portugal. I blame those sweet sweet towel moves.

Got kind of obsessed with Boulevard des Airs when I was travelling last summer because our tour guide played 'Bruxelles' on the bus. Didn't expect a French band to be the soundtrack to my central american holiday.