Songs from overseas.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 2 are songs I associate with my trips to Mannheim. Top one is sung in the arena - lights dimmed and some graphics on the big screens. They fade out at the chorus and 12,000 Adler Mannheim fans take over. Second one is the tune for the alternative lyrics in my PnB signature.

But I'm more a fan of French ye-ye, beat music and pop:

12 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Those 2 are songs I associate with my trips to Mannheim. Top one is sung in the arena - lights dimmed and some graphics on the big screens. They fade out at the chorus and 12,000 Adler Mannheim fans take over. Second one is the tune for the alternative lyrics in my PnB signature.

Good call with Peter Schilling. It has always irked me that they used the English language version for the opening credits on Deutschland 83.

Still a cracking tune though. Even Gale from Breaking Bad's version is worth a listen.

I love a lot of old German pop music as I'm a bit of a Teutonophile and I often wish that I lived on a building site in Dusseldorf in 1983, drinking bier every evening and shagging women with blonde perms and hairy armpits.

That would be living alright. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2020 at 18:58, BallochSonsFan said:

But I'm more a fan of French ye-ye, beat music and pop:

Johnny Däpp is class 😂😂😂. If you can understand German the lyrics are pretty ridiculous. f**k the job, f**k me money, I want to go back to Malle (Mallorca) 😂

I was in El Arenal a few years ago and Lorenz Büffel was playing at the Megapark but unfortunately it had to be on my wife's birthday and she was raging at the idea of even going there as she hates schlager Ballermann music 🙈

14 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Johnny Däpp is class 😂😂😂. If you can understand German the lyrics are pretty ridiculous. f**k the job, f**k me money, I want to go back to Malle (Mallorca) 😂

I was in El Arenal a few years ago and Lorenz Büffel was playing at the Megapark but unfortunately it had to be on my wife's birthday and she was raging at the idea of even going there as she hates schlager Ballermann music 🙈

The Adler Mannheim Fanprojekt hired him to provide entertainment on our sonderzug trip. They chartered a train from Mannheim to Cologne. Lorenz Buffel was the entertainment on our river cruiser from Cologne to Dusseldorf.

51 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The Adler Mannheim Fanprojekt hired him to provide entertainment on our sonderzug trip. They chartered a train from Mannheim to Cologne. Lorenz Buffel was the entertainment on our river cruiser from Cologne to Dusseldorf.

I've got a funny feeling I might've seen a video from this! Did he replace the word Malle with Mannheim? He's a proper entertainer, Beate (Die Harte) is another cracking drunken tune from him plus some of his older stuff. Annoyed I didn't get to see him live, would've been a right laugh. The young Germans are proper nutcases these days, love a drink and love a party. When we went to El Arenal it was the German Magaluf. Seen plenty of drunk Germans as well as Dutch and Belgians - Didn't see one single bit of bother, everyone was just partying. It was my last holiday of being "young", after that we started a family so life is pretty simple now 🙈