Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

If you look back I have never said that and I cannot speak for other Falkirk fans. I have just been boring everyone with my theory about clubs playing with fans in stadiums  - I believe this can happen in the next 3-4 months & can be financially viable for all clubs. Sorry for trying to look for a positive way out of this.  

FYI - In my opinion football should always be decided on the pitch and never anything to do with money or how many fans you have or do not have.  

This stuff about leagues being formed based on who can actually play I find repugnant & the very opposite of sporting integrity.

Have a nice day.

It's not so much about that and more about how many players you have under contract. If you only have a few or are part time then hibernation is a possibility but if you've got 10 to 15 full time players under contract then I dont know how you would get to january never mind next summer without going down the tubes. 

It's not so much about that and more about how many players you have under contract. If you only have a few or are part time then hibernation is a possibility but if you've got 10 to 15 full time players under contract then I dont know how you would get to january never mind next summer without going down the tubes. 

You’ll possibly go down the tubes a bit quicker if you don’t have the government paying your wage bill, or at least a significant share of it, while opening for business 5 months before your main source of revenue comes back online.

Unless a team like Falkirk can find some other way of generating revenue while no one is paying to spectate, then I can’t see any other benefit in starting back before January except the prospect of buying early promotion to the Championship.

I honestly don’t see why asking fans to pay for season tickets for games they don’t get to watch is any more attractive an offer than asking them to donate toward the running costs of a hibernating club.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

You’ll possibly go down the tubes a bit quicker if you don’t have the government paying your wage bill, or at least a significant share of it, while opening for business 5 months before your main source of revenue comes back online.

Unless a team like Falkirk can find some other way of generating revenue while no one is paying to spectate, then I can’t see any other benefit in starting back before January except the prospect of buying early promotion to the Championship.

I honestly don’t see why asking fans to pay for season tickets for games they don’t get to watch is any more attractive an offer than asking them to donate toward the running costs of a hibernating club.

If the clubs livelihood depends on it people will part with their cash. Christ we're raising more money with our 50/50 draw without proper games than we do when the footballs on.  Other clubs have raised thousands from their fans and given them hee haw back so to me this is a far better offer. It's a one off this season and fans have to realise that and will do.  You'll probably not get the worth out your season ticket that you normally get but at the end of the day the cash is all going to keep the club going.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Make the players redundant?

16 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Make the players redundant?

You cant just sack folk who are under contract. That's the kind of thing dundee,motherwell and  livi have done. I'm sure the pfa would be taking up their case and we'd get hammered for it.

If the clubs livelihood depends on it people will part with their cash. Christ we're raising more money with our 50/50 draw without proper games than we do when the footballs on.  Other clubs have raised thousands from their fans and given them hee haw back so to me this is a far better offer. It's a one off this season and fans have to realise that and will do.  You'll probably not get the worth out your season ticket that you normally get but at the end of the day the cash is all going to keep the club going.

Why is it a better offer for fans? There’s no return for their money other than knowing it’s helping to cover the club’s running costs. So, in effect, exactly the same as a donation.

The only difference is the running costs are significantly greater if the club is in hibernation.

I severely doubt that Falkirk will lose more money while in hibernation than playing closed door games, so have to ask why they’re doing it.

The only realistic answer I can think of is still that they see it as way of guaranteed and early promotion.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You cant just sack folk who are under contract. That's the kind of thing dundee,motherwell and  livi have done. I'm sure the pfa would be taking up their case and we'd get hammered for it.

Yes you can. I'd say the situation is the very definition of redundancy. The position of the player is no longer available and won't be for the foreseeable future.

Whether it's the moral thing to do isn't really relevant, the law exists to allow it to give employers flexibility and ensure compensation to employees. Players would be due a week's salary for each year worked if they'd been at the club for two years. Most wouldn't be due much in that case. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it won't happen.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

34 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Why is it a better offer for fans? There’s no return for their money other than knowing it’s helping to cover the club’s running costs. So, in effect, exactly the same as a donation.

The only difference is the running costs are significantly greater if the club is in hibernation.

I severely doubt that Falkirk will lose more money while in hibernation than playing closed door games, so have to ask why they’re doing it.

The only realistic answer I can think of is still that they see it as way of guaranteed and early promotion.

No return? You're getting to watch football both live streamed and then live at the match.  Live streaming would cover home and away games so you're getting the away games as extra.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No return? You're getting to watch football both live streamed and then live at the match.  Live streaming would cover home and away games so you're getting the away games as extra.

If it covers away games what agreements are in place to share revenue with the home team?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If it covers away games what agreements are in place to share revenue with the home team?

Why share it?Dont think falkirk tv share any revenue just now  from away games although perhaps I'm wrong.I wouldnt be expecting any money from the away teams tv coverage of games at Tfs either.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why share it?Dont think falkirk tv share any revenue just now  from away games although perhaps I'm wrong.I wouldnt be expecting any money from the away teams tv coverage of games at Tfs either.

That might be because it currently makes coppers. Under your version this will be worth thousands. If you come on my property to make money I want a share. Arguably it should be the same as gate money and the home team gets it all.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That might be because it currently makes coppers. Under your version this will be worth thousands. If you come on my property to make money I want a share. Arguably it should be the same as gate money and the home team gets it all.

Should even out though as each team will get money from their own fans for away games.  I can't see many away fans wanting to listen to the biased commentary you get with every team broadcasting service.  The preferred way would be for a proper broadcaster to pay to show every game but that would need to be renegotiated with sky .

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Should even out though as each team will get money from their own fans for away games.  I can't see many away fans wanting to listen to the biased commentary you get with every team broadcasting service.  The preferred way would be for a proper broadcaster to pay to show every game but that would need to be renegotiated with sky .

Sky will have absolutely no interest in showing lower league Scottish games. 

None.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Oh, there'll be a queue of them I'd imagine.

Do you see any flaws in this at all because it seems that you don't? I think it's extreme wishful thinking on your part.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Oh, there'll be a queue of them I'd imagine.

Do you see any flaws in this at all because it seems that you don't? I think it's extreme wishful thinking on your part.

You're relying a lot on your supporters to back you even more than normal but the falkirk fans have always been there when the club needed them in the past and I dont see why it would be any different this time.  For one season it's going to be more about putting cash into your club than simply paying to get into football matches.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sky will have absolutely no interest in showing lower league Scottish games. 

Probably not but even if they agreed to show every top flight game for the first half of the season  the increased revenue would at least filter down to the lower league clubs.  

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably not but even if they agreed to show every top flight game for the first half of the season  the increased revenue would at least filter down to the lower league clubs.  

What increased revenue, have you agreed a new deal?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

What increased revenue, have you agreed a new deal?

You're not going to allow them to show a lot more games for the same amount of cash are you?   Old Doncaster would need to thrash out a deal with them . They're only allowed 40 just now so all of them for at least half a season must be worth a bit more surely?

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

You're not going to allow them to show a lot more games for the same amount of cash are you?   Old Doncaster would need to thrash out a deal with them . They're only allowed 40 just now so all of them for at least half a season must be worth a bit more surely?

Have they expressed any interest in showing more?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have they expressed any interest in showing more?

Not sure whether they have before but this is an unprecedented situation. It will be the only way fans can see games so you're guaranteed viewers for matches that may otherwise have been watched by one man and his dug. With no fans you can also be a lot more flexible with ko times to fit in the schedule.  You need a live game at 10am on a Saturday morning. Yeah no bother. 8pm on a Sunday night? Fine.