Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Peedzy said:

Set it up centrally, divide the streaming income by 42 and pay the same out to each club.

I’ve seen some pie in the sky suggestions on here before but oh boy.

Why on Earth would Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc agree to get the same money as Elgin, Annan or Brechin, when they would have 100 x more people interested in streams of their matches?

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Why on Earth would Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc agree to get the same money as Elgin, Annan or Brechin, when they would have 100 x more people interested in streams of their matches?

Altruism?

Theres no way there will ever be a 42 way equal split but if streaming is to go ahead some kind of central service with some kind of revenue split, similar to the other broadcasting deals, has to be the way to go

21 hours ago, Peedzy said:

Set it up centrally, divide the streaming income by 42 and pay the same out to each club.

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Altruism?

Theres no way there will ever be a 42 way equal split but if streaming is to go ahead some kind of central service with some kind of revenue split, similar to the other broadcasting deals, has to be the way to go

Communist tv?

On 23/05/2020 at 12:28, krusty The Clown said:

Hub stadiums are surely the option. 

Would allow the clubs and leagues to reduce the costs of installing the technology and would allow for a much higher standard of output than relying on individual clubs doing it on their own. 

I like the idea of this,

You could have 4 stadiums, play 4 games on Saturday and 4 games on a Sunday. This would mean only 4 camera set ups would be required, this could be subsidised in some way by the SPFL? Meaning a higher standard of stream.

One central website where you select the game you want to watch.

Payment to clubs could be done by having one club marked as home and one club marked as away that week with the home club receiving all the subscription income or the viewer selects the team they support and their subscription money goes to the team they select.

Adverts can be put on at halftime.

You might also be able to have a low number of social distancing fans at the ground, say 500?

Just an idea like.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

the viewer selects the team they support and their subscription money goes to the team they select

Seriously?  You think this is a good idea in our country?

Give it a wee bit though you absolute madman.

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm just thinking of different solutions to the current situation.

What will QOTS do if it goes to a 8/10 in favour vote or the SPFL give games behind closed doors the go ahead?

Will Queens and say Ayr United have to reapply to enter League 2 the following season? Being replaced by Partick Thistle and Falkirk?

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Isn't that how gate money, which this would be replacing, works in this country?

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think the solution for EPL would be something like NFL do with RedZone. It would basically just be Soccer Saturday but able to show footage during the show.

For Scotland, there really would not be enough interest to justify streaming, especially in the lower leagues.

How much interest justifies streaming?

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I'm just thinking of different solutions to the current situation.

What will QOTS do if it goes to a 8/10 in favour vote or the SPFL give games behind closed doors the go ahead?

Will Queens and say Ayr United have to reapply to enter League 2 the following season? Being replaced by Partick Thistle and Falkirk?

I've no idea what we'd do in such a scenario, but I don't see it as likely to unfold.

Anyway, I don't do solutions; I do problems.

Mate, I appreciate that you're doing a sort of brainstorming exercise here, but some of your stuff is barking mad.  I can genuinely think of no worse idea in Scottish football at any time, than letting followers nominate the team they wish to receive their 'admission' money. It's dangerous madness that would be embraced by those determined to make my football experience - and yours - as shit as can be.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've no idea what we'd do in such a scenario, but I don't see it as likely to unfold.

Anyway, I don't do solutions; I do problems.

Mate, I appreciate that you're doing a sort of brainstorming exercise here, but some of your stuff is barking mad.  I can genuinely think of no worse idea in Scottish football at any time, than letting followers nominate the team they wish to receive their 'admission' money. It's dangerous madness that would be embraced by those determined to make my football experience - and yours - as shit as can be.

Ok, it was more put in as some have been suggesting that supporters use their own teams feeds. I don't like the idea of it either tbh.

I think it is a scenario that could well unfold, I can't see them binning the whole season (in the Championship at least) or having an 18 game season.

It might end up with 10 highest positioned teams out the bottom 3 leagues who want to play behind closed doors.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They wouldn't, but it's a football forum so have a chew on that.

A streaming service just won't work for the majority of the diddy clubs. People will say they'll pay for it but they won't, or if they do it'll be like ppv boxing, one stream with half a dozen watching per stream.

Watching Morton's a chore, I do it mostly out of habit to meet up with family and friends. No chance that I'm paying to sit watching it in the house on my own.

I'd have split this year's prize money into 42 equal slices this year as a one-off as well, have a slice of that pie while you're at it.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ok, it was more put in as some have been suggesting that supporters use their own teams feeds. I don't like the idea of it either tbh.

I think it is a scenario that could well unfold, I can't see them binning the whole season (in the Championship at least) or having an 18 game season.

It might end up with 10 highest positioned teams out the bottom 3 leagues who want to play behind closed doors.

I honestly can't see it.

Were it to happen, I've not got a clue what we'd do, or how others would see it.  I think that personally though, I'd still rather we sat tight, albeit while pressing our noses against the glass.  I think some of the clubs participating would literally be risking their lives.  The spectacle could be grim.

10 hours ago, bendan said:

Most money in Scotland comes from season tickets. Don't we tend to buy them for the team we support?

Yes, and the only thing that prevents the hideous imbalance in our game from being even more grotesque, is that when 3,000 Celtic fans go to Perth, at least St Johnstone get money from them.  By your logic, Celtic would get the money for that too.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't see that helping with the lop sided nature of Scottish football.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I honestly can't see it.

Were it to happen, I've not got a clue what we'd do, or how others would see it.  I think that personally though, I'd still rather we sat tight, albeit while pressing our noses against the glass.  I think some of the clubs participating would literally be risking their lives.  The spectacle could be grim.

The road to Help is paved with good intentions.

Eg, a club, let's call them Morton, sell 1000 subscriptions and get a team together. The team turns out to be shite and are stone bottom after 5 games. 500 subscribers chuck it. Morton are now losing money big time. 

How is this situation recovered?

On 23/05/2020 at 12:26, johnnydun said:

Great! Please tell us these 'other ways'? These are exactly the alternatives we are all looking for.

I genuinely think if clubs simply said to supporters, “we have no right to ask, but please could consider donating to us to help us through the current circumstances” it would raise roughly the same revenue as this hair-brained idea of streaming matches.

And that’s without mentioning the avoided costs of player contracts, virus testing, and the whole host of other commitments that clubs would avoid.