George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

White people need to make the big changes in america but not by protesting over things they don't understand and will never experience.
Instead of that why not fund projects for education or do charity work?
Nah, that's actually difficult and not just virtue signaling

White folk can't/shouldn't protect racism now, and everyone who does is virtue signalling? And they absolutely cannot both protest and do charity work?

You are saying these things, yes?

You love to chuck around 'virtue signalling' to belittle the efforts of many.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Genuinely not meaning to have a personal go at you but I find this kind of stuff to be one of the most aggressively stupid viewpoints floating about on the left.

Of course it's fairly obvious that, for example, black people are going to have a better understanding of what racism is and the effect it has than the average white person but the idea that you should or even can just leave your critical faculties at the door if you're from group x,y,z is ridiculous.

I actually agree with you! But it needs to be pointed out that when a white person says “BLM is going about things the wrong way”, that’s perpetuating a control structure in which white people place a value judgement on the behaviour of people of colour. 

I guess the point I’m making is that critical faculties can be part of the problem, no matter how authentically they are expressed. 

White folk can't/shouldn't protect racism now, and everyone who does is virtue signalling? And they absolutely cannot both protest and do charity work?
You are saying these things, yes?
You love to chuck around 'virtue signalling' to belittle the efforts of many.
Many posters, including me, were quick to say the same about the nhs clapping.
Go out and show support but actually not do anything that really matters.
I've said that white people need to change it and help but not by holding up a piece of paper then heading off to the pub to pat each other on the back.
Will the same people actually bother to vote or volunteer or provide charitable support? Some might, lots wont.
Talking pish on a forum isn't exactly making me a god either, just saying that the protests won't make any difference in a positive manner.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

No point in continuing tbh, racism is such a horrible thing that decent people are getting swept up in all of this and backing blm and activists regardless of any counter arguements or evidence that questions is this really the best way.
Even slightly conservative (not tory) black people are getting called traitors or haters for asking decent questions. I guess they're mad racists down a rabbit hole as well.
Leave them to it, im out. This isnt doing any good.

This will cheer you up 

I actually agree with you! But it needs to be pointed out that when a white person says “BLM is going about things the wrong way”, that’s perpetuating a control structure in which white people place a value judgement on the behaviour of people of colour. 

I guess the point I’m making is that critical faculties can be part of the problem, no matter how authentically they are expressed. 
So a white person is telling another white person that they can't make a comment on how someone else is acting because of the colour of their skin.
Totally make sense now.
Can black people critisice blm or are they now white people?
This is confusing.

I've never said that people can't protest just questioned why they are and what exactly they want to achieve without clear set out goals and measurable progress.
The world would be a terrible place without activism but usually there's a set goal or target rather than just stating you want to destroy things. Its divisive and will make things worse.
Really don't want to say any more so please stop quoting me and putting words into mouth that I didn't say and I won't keep coming back trying to defend myself against all sorts of nonsense and throwing stones.
Have a think about things before wildly throwing labels and accusations around.

[emoji23]

Get off your fucking cross already.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

So a white person is telling another white person that they can't make a comment on how someone else is acting because of the colour of their skin.
Totally make sense now.
This is confusing.

I thought you'd gone mate.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Talking pish on a forum isn't exactly making me a god either, just saying that the protests won't make any difference in a positive manner.

They've already made many differences in a positive manner.

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Totally make sense now.
This is confusing.

You can’t accuse others of putting words in your mouth, when you turn around do that.

BLM is a black movement.  Let’s start from there and see where it takes us.  

Can't comment on Hong Kong and I've only visited the Philippines but lets not go down the road of  " if you go to a majority black or brown country then you will be the minority who gets abused " it may be true in some localized cases but it's mostly shite.  In the vast majority of post colonial nations in Africa Asia and the Caribbean,  a white person will sometimes  be assumed to be A wealthy and B somewhat important and will often receive more favorable treatment than a local.  Most white people have no idea how many benefits their complexion brings them and can't understand why non whites find it irritating.

What HK Blues mentions definitely exists, but of course has little correlation to the racism issues at hand today (BLM, etc).

I would say, what you note above is the standard perception of a westerner. I think you would find a lot less irritation by locals as you think from the benefits westerners get, as that benefits are usually financially or similarly motivated. There is also direct (served with a smile) and indirect passive racism for sure. Again not comparable to the issues of today in the US.

When you understand some of the local language and whom you are with don’t know this. You get your eyes well and truly opened to what they really think of you.

More contempt (and can be justified) than racism.

Westerners in South East Asia do not cover themselves in any glory so a lot of it is brought on by ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

What HK Blues mentions definitely exists, but of course has little correlation to the racism issues at hand today (BLM, etc).

I would say, what you note above is the standard perception of a westerner. I think you would find a lot less irritation by locals as you think from the benefits westerners get, as that benefits are usually financially or similarly motivated. There is also direct (served with a smile) and indirect passive racism for sure. Again not comparable to the issues of today in the US.

When you understand some of the local language and whom you are with don’t know this. You get your eyes well and truly opened to what they really think of you.

More contempt (and can be justified) than racism.

Westerners in South East Asia do not cover themselves in any glory so a lot of it is brought on by ourselves.

Fair enough, well tbh Asia is not something I know too much about alltho I've been there on holiday, My partner is from the Caribbean, we didn't really talk much about race in the early stages so I just did what I thought I ought to and not mention it or make a deal of it,  when we first went to visit Jamaica where her family still lives I decided the best course of action was just to keep my mouth firmly shut and only open it to be as nice an polite as possible because I had it in my head that most people there would hate white people, especialy someone from the UK , I mean why wouldn't they? you couldn't exactly judge them for it if they did .  It was upon listening to a conversation with her and a relative about another white man how his behavior and actions would normally be totally unacceptable yet he was always getting away with it , only he could get away with it. curiosity got the better of me and I asked how this was?  " because he is white " was the clear and concise answer I got from both of them, again confused I asked how this could be ? its a black country after all?  " it's not a Blackmans country at all " was the answer.  Yes the majority are black however the lighter your skin tone the higher up the socio economic ladder you are ( I believe asia is like this too ?) Those of mixed African and European hertige occupy the upper middle classes to themselves, darker skinned people can have as much money as they want but they are not ever part of that group.  Usian bolt was treated like shite from his lighter neighbors when he bought a house  in an affluent neighborhood and he's probably the most famous living Jamaican .   As full Caucasians are tiny in number any white expats are seeked out by these cliques and suddenly find themselves invited to be amongst them . before long many end up acting like old colonials even if that wasn't their original intention.

Fuckin hell was the only thing I could think of when I learned of all this.  for the rest of the holiday I watched this invisible apartheid at work and it seemed to be true, In fact from my (limited) observation the whole place seemed to be suffering collective Stockholm syndrome.

Anyway I'm no looking to get sidetracked . we do have a lot to answer for tho

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

He's obviously a right wing nut job down a rabbit hole.
emoji38.png

To be fair pal, it just clicked there for me but it makes sense. If we look at what you're like as a poster there's some pointers:

Massive chip on the shoulder (why are fat women allowed to be called beautiful, why are all the promotions at work going to drunks and snakes)

Takes criticism of himself or his opinion very, very personally and lashes out and victimises himself in conversations.

Is relatively curious but seems to struggle to differentiate between the value of sources.

Has an interest in online motivational speakers (Goggins) who push pseudoscience

Appears to be pretty "online" (references to gaslighting and the least convincing "I'm fine hahahaha" trolling routine I've ever seen.)

Watches YouTube videos by the "oh I'm just asking innocent questions" grifters.

Oh aye forgot to add, disdainful towards other people in general, and especially those who dare to actually do something about social issues as they are just virtue signallers (I'm sure that'll get changed to SJWs in a few months if you carry on). 

You'll turn around and say some nonsense like "please don't hurl stones" most likely but, while I find you tiresome, this isn't abuse. Those are just all pretty common signifiers of someone being radicalised online.

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Many posters, including me, were quick to say the same about the nhs clapping.
Go out and show support but actually not do anything that really matters.
I've said that white people need to change it and help but not by holding up a piece of paper then heading off to the pub to pat each other on the back.
Will the same people actually bother to vote or volunteer or provide charitable support? Some might, lots wont.

Why do you always do this?

You judge everyone, belittle their efforts and claim it's all for attention. In this case it's white people engaging with the BLM movement. You make wild sweeping claims and make things mutually exclusive. Why? How would you possibly know that every white person who joins a BLM rally holds up a piece of paper (that's you belittling them and their efforts again) then goes to the pub and pat each other on the back. You then make out that none of them will give to charity or volunteer or vote.

Evidence please.

I see D.A.F.C’s timeout on the naughty step to reflect has done nothing other than give him extra time to watch dodgy YouTube videos and further entrench his position.
I felt fir him the other night. I thought he was (at least a wee bit) being piled on, and didnt have the words to fix what he clumsily said, then just got a wee bit defensive/emotional over it.

Now though, not sure wtf he is doing but its grim

To be fair pal, it just clicked there for me but it makes sense. If we look at what you're like as a poster there's some pointers:
Massive chip on the shoulder (why are fat women allowed to be called beautiful, why are all the promotions at work going to drunks and snakes)
Takes criticism of himself or his opinion very, very personally and lashes out and victimises himself in conversations.
Is relatively curious but seems to struggle to differentiate between the value of sources.
Has an interest in online motivational speakers (Goggins) who push pseudoscience
Appears to be pretty "online" (references to gaslighting and the least convincing "I'm fine hahahaha" trolling routine I've ever seen.)
Watches YouTube videos by the "oh I'm just asking innocent questions" grifters.
Oh aye forgot to add, disdainful towards other people in general, and especially those who dare to actually do something about social issues as they are just virtue signallers (I'm sure that'll get changed to SJWs in a few months if you carry on). 
You'll turn around and say some nonsense like "please don't hurl stones" most likely but, while I find you tiresome, this isn't abuse. Those are just all pretty common signifiers of someone being radicalised online.
^^^Sigmund Freud found.

We're through the looking glass here people. I care so much about you that I'm going to base your entire identity based on a few posts that I've spent hours trawling through to fit into a small group of people and their thoughts to feel more included.
If you really believe im radicalised because I have a rightful grievance about being treated badly then you really need to go and seek help.
The satirical news video couldn't be more true and people can't even see how radicalised they've become into pc culture and virtue signalling after years of social conditioning by Facebook and other formats.
Actually looking for fix problems that don't exist, while not actually doing anything of note.

I've always been kind and caring and voted for left of centre but suddenly I've become Adolf hitler because I don't have the mental capacity to understand whats right and wrong?
How many more pigeonholes do you want fill? Might want to think about how great you are the next time you're 'helping' people online by throwing around insults and generalisations while helping the latest cause.