George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Well, the rioters did chase and attack him. They were rioting because police shot a man so, and I accept I'm making a bit of an intellectual leap here, but I'd imagine they knew fine well bullets aren't harmless.
And if we're going to balance the relative sense of the guy with the rifle and the protesters, I have to say if I didn't want to put myself into a situation where I might end up killing someone with a gun, I would simply not travel to a town I'm not from and act provocatively in front of a group of protesters. He shot someone because he made the decision to travel there with a gun, made the decision to point the gun at people, made the decisions to pull the trigger, not because he was scared.

Any provocation to pull the trigger certainly doesnt apply to getting him out of his chair and into his car, avec rifle, and pretending to be a "militiaman" at a protest, which is well within the rights of the protesters to have.

How you can defend this guy when there is no possible valid reason for him and his gun being there in the first place is absolute nonsense. Of course, trolling about people being shot dead is always great internet content.

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He wouldn't have ran away at first if he wasn't scared.

The 17 year old obviously had his mind poisoned by right wing culture. But you can't say that the three guys who got shot made smart decisions.

Respect the authority of the AR-15!

EgVwxU2WkAIPCTZ?format=jpg&name=medium

America is some country where groups of guys can gather with semi-automatic weapons to defend the institution of racism. Remarkable.

I think they’re called “the police”

He wouldn't have ran away at first if he wasn't scared.
The 17 year old obviously had his mind poisoned by right wing culture. But you can't say that the three guys who got shot made smart decisions.

This is a weird hill to die on.

15 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

There you go feeling up lassies with low cut tops again

You can't compare how women dress to chasing someone while throwing a molotov cocktail, belting someone with a skateboard or running after someone carrying a pistol.

It's a terrible analogy.

H_B must be out on the sesh with Kincy. Absolutely deranged take, don't even think he is trolling as well.

His contrarian "But, but what about this..." takes are normally easy to ignore but this is genuinely loathsome. 

If someone hits me on the head with a skateboard or indeed strikes me with any item, I must remember that the correct and proportionate course of action is for me to immediately terminate their existence.

No need for police or justice system. Not when theres a gun handy.

47 minutes ago, Iain said:

America is some country where groups of guys societal rejects who play far too much PUBG can gather with semi-automatic weapons to defend the institution of racism. Remarkable.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There are videos of both incidents and a video of an altercation between the BLM people and the vigilante group.

The white bald guy in this video shouting at people to shoot him was the first victim shortly after this video was taken.

Can only feel a mixture of amusement and utter dismay at these total wankstains in their army surplus. The only purpose of a military style rifle is to maim and kill human beings. These fools argue it's 'for protection', yet the only people who oppose them are largely anti-gun and don't arm themselves as a matter of routine. 

Self-proclaimed 'greatest country in the world', where it's perfectly commonplace to arm yourself to the tits with military equipment, to protect yourself from other arseholes who are a wee bit too obsessed with weapons and 'rights'. Someone really needs to just stand up and take these fuckers arms away from them, even if it requires military force to disarm them. There are no bears, native indians, wolves, etc coming to plunder your homestead and make off with your firstborn, so get this 'right to bear arms' shit into the sea. Save these fucking lunatics from themselves.

Edited by Boo Khaki

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I just hope that, come the revolution, I don't have Detournement standing next to me at the barricades when a spotty kid with an assault rifle tells us to respect his authority.

Detournement out for lunch with the kids...

When you've built your argument on a Molotov cocktail being thrown but it's just been exposed as a paper bag:

Denzel Washington's Cringe Face | Know Your Meme

When it's also exposed that you've lifted that Molotov cocktail lie from right wing media whilst also determining that right wing culture has warped a 17 year old shooters mind:

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight - Find & Share on  GIPHY