George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just been shown the body-cam footage. The defence is absolutely going to use Floyd's "I can't breath" against him as he said it numerous times before he was on the deck :(

Pretty good chance that he started to be able to not breathe before he was taken to the ground. What actually has struck me about the case being presented is theres so much grandstanding from the prosecution (and the defence), some of the witnesses have been excellent and others im absolutely baffled as to why they even bothered to call them. 
I think the defence is going to rely very heavily on the drugs thing and the previous training they got from the israeli’s where that’s apparently a hold from krav maga or something. I think theres an outside chance he gets off with at least some of the charges here. 
For me from the video i can see absolutely no reason to be anywhere near that guys neck, just dont get it, there is a thing called excited delirium whereby people essentially overheat and go into cardiac arrest and they might try to go down that route in the defence but the footage is clear as day that Chauvin was on his neck when he had no need to be, I genuinely can’t see the need for it, ive seen people who have to be held on the ground because of the level of violence or whatever but theres just no need from anything in this to be on that guys neck, i just dont understand it. It doesnt even give you any better control of the arrested person, arms, legs and perhaps lower body, theres no control/restraint that I can see you getting from holding the neck, theres no sign of an immediate risk to Chauvin so how does he justify use of a hold which risks his life, use of force should be ‘proportionate and necessary’ doesnt seem to meet that test here. 

Pretty good chance that he started to be able to not breathe before he was taken to the ground. What actually has struck me about the case being presented is theres so much grandstanding from the prosecution (and the defence), some of the witnesses have been excellent and others im absolutely baffled as to why they even bothered to call them. 
I think the defence is going to rely very heavily on the drugs thing and the previous training they got from the israeli’s where that’s apparently a hold from krav maga or something. I think theres an outside chance he gets off with at least some of the charges here. 
For me from the video i can see absolutely no reason to be anywhere near that guys neck, just dont get it, there is a thing called excited delirium whereby people essentially overheat and go into cardiac arrest and they might try to go down that route in the defence but the footage is clear as day that Chauvin was on his neck when he had no need to be, I genuinely can’t see the need for it, ive seen people who have to be held on the ground because of the level of violence or whatever but theres just no need from anything in this to be on that guys neck, i just dont understand it. It doesnt even give you any better control of the arrested person, arms, legs and perhaps lower body, theres no control/restraint that I can see you getting from holding the neck, theres no sign of an immediate risk to Chauvin so how does he justify use of a hold which risks his life, use of force should be ‘proportionate and necessary’ doesnt seem to meet that test here. 

Given that he claimed he was claustrophobic and he was a big guy in the back of a motor I think there's a real chance he was having palpitations and therefore struggling to breath. But we have to remember that the Jury will contain more than a couple of morons and if the defence gives it "if he couldn't breath how could he talk?/He was saying he couldn't breath before he was leaned on" then at least a couple will buy into that. That's my fear.

From the footage we've been shown he never put up a major struggle until they tried to get him into the car. The fact he said "Thank you" when they took him back out the car makes it all the more heartbreaking how they then treated him tbh.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Given that he claimed he was claustrophobic and he was a big guy in the back of a motor I think there's a real chance he was having palpitations and therefore struggling to breath. But we have to remember that the Jury will contain more than a couple of morons and if the defence gives it "if he couldn't breath how could he talk?/He was saying he couldn't breath before he was leaned on" then at least a couple will buy into that. That's my fear.

From the footage we've been shown he never put up a major struggle until they tried to get him into the car. The fact he said "Thank you" when they took him back out the car makes it all the more heartbreaking how they then treated him tbh.

Yep thats pretty much how i see it.

Been in and out so far today so not 100% here. But is the guy who's pleading the fifth and now not testifying the guy who was in the car with Floyd? If so, the same fucking guy who is giving other interviews? In which case he's making money off the incident but not speaking to help his 'pal'?

As I say, I've been in and out so might be completely picking it up wrong but if I'm right it's pretty sickening.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Been in and out so far today so not 100% here. But is the guy who's pleading the fifth and now not testifying the guy who was in the car with Floyd? If so, the same fucking guy who is giving other interviews? In which case he's making money off the incident but not speaking to help his 'pal'?

As I say, I've been in and out so might be completely picking it up wrong but if I'm right it's pretty sickening.

If thats the case it really wont help the prosecution. 

Indeed. Like I say, I may be picking it up wrong but if I'm right with my understanding I have an unhealthy level of dislike for him as a result.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Indeed. Like I say, I may be picking it up wrong but if I'm right with my understanding I have an unhealthy level of dislike for him as a result.

Yep, regardless of his right not to say anything the defence will absolutely cling on to that to create reasonable doubt, infer things and generally muddy the waters. You cant get angry at a defence agent for doing that, its their job to test the argument the prosecution makes. Ive been baffled by some of the things the prosecution has done and witnesses called, wonder if they had them in for a precognition at all, strange all round. 

I'm flabbergasted that if I get arrested and have riot police stand on my temple. when all I did was not reckonise they r they're. but a man drugged up tried to rip off a shop with a dodgy note. and his arrest came down to his arrest. but no. it comes down to facts not colour.   (which doesn't get mentioned) resisted arrest. 

I'm flabbergasted that if I get arrested and have riot police stand on my temple. when all I did was not reckonise they r they're. but a man drugged up tried to rip off a shop with a dodgy note. and his arrest came down to his arrest. but no. it comes down to facts not colour.   (which doesn't get mentioned) resisted arrest. 

Is this one of those bots we keep hearing about?

Or has someone just drunk too much Calpol?

Is this one of those bots we keep hearing about?

Or has someone just drunk too much Calpol?
Be interested to see how this one can sidestep to selling us something from such a controversial starting position....

Racist hoodies seems like the obvious choice, but you can't rule out an essay writing service or some sort of male sexual enhancement.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Be interested to see how this one can sidestep to selling us something from such a controversial starting position....

Racist hoodies seems like the obvious choice, but you can't rule out an essay writing service or some sort of male sexual enhancement.

It's not the best pitch I've seen for an essay writing service, so more likely sexual enhancing racist hoodies.