Scottish Premiership training to resume June 11th.

Guest DAVIDB69
I've just reread the statement and can see where you're coming from. "Each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games," sounds like clubs will be able to charge extra on top of the ST money.

Yes because sky will be getting a cut for allowing them to be broadcast

The statement isn't well worded. It does read as though supporters could well be paying twice for the same game but surely it's just Sky agreeing that clubs can broadcast their matches to supporters and buying a season ticket will give you access to those matches. Sky probably need to okay it as they are / were meant to be the "exclusive" broadcaster of Premiership matches. I guess any game that is scheduled to be live on Sky will remain that way and wouldn't be broadcast by , for example, Red TV, to UK supporters.

Edited by RiG

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
51 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

It sounds like season ticket holders will have to pay again for games that they have paid for but can’t go to.

But it doesn’t make clear if non season tickets holders can buy these on a short term or game by game basis

I've just reread the statement and can see where you're coming from. "Each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games," sounds like clubs will be able to charge extra on top of the ST money.

Genuinely cant see that happening, the ST holders are the clubs bread and butter and to double charge would be a right kick in the baws.

IMO, clubs will give the service for free to people who have already bought STs  and sell the service to those who have not.

I think the phrase "sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games" is easy to misinterpret, but I'm pretty sure it means "sell a season ticket package which allows fans to watch streamed games". I very much doubt that anyone is charging extra for this.

Ross County have already confirmed that this is how it will work for them - the virtual season ticket will entitle you to watch the streamed games and then to attend games in person once you are allowed to do so.

Presumably clubs can't sell streaming rights for games Sky are showing though?

So for example Aberdeen v Rangers is usually televised, my existing ST might cover it (?) but Sky wouldn't let us stream to one-off buyers?

Not sure I get it.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Presumably clubs can't sell streaming rights for games Sky are showing though?

So for example Aberdeen v Rangers is usually televised, my existing ST might cover it (?) but Sky wouldn't let us stream to one-off buyers?

Not sure I get it.

I would surmise that Aberdeen would not be able to stream that game to fans. Supporters would need to watch it through Sky.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

I would surmise that Aberdeen would not be able to stream that game to fans. Supporters would need to watch it through Sky.

I thought that would be the case too but everything seems to say a virtual ST gets you 'all home games' which is what confused me.

I'm guessing they've just not finalised all the details.

ETA - unless a game televised by sky doesn't technically count as a 'behind closed doors game', which is what a ST gets you access to.

Edited by Dons_1988

1 hour ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Celtic SLO said on Twitter that it won't be any extra charge to STHs and more details will be released this week. I imagine it'll be the same for all clubs, you can't charge extra to those who have already paid surely.

Similar.

Rangers will update supporters in due course on a number of topics of interest but we are in a position to confirm that season ticket holders will be granted complimentary access to all home games streamed via RTV as a result of those matches being played behind closed doors

Ewan Murray suggesting that the number of streamers will be capped at the number of season ticket holders a club had last season. Pretty shite if that is the case.

Edited by RiG

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Ewan Murray suggesting that the number of streamers will be capped at the number of season ticket holders a club had last season. Pretty shite if that is the case.

It makes literally no sense and it's a seething Jambo who's saying it.

File it under shite IMO.

Ewan Murray is full of shite at the best of times, wouldn't be surprised if he's got the wrong end of the stick somewhere given that absolutely nobody else has reported that.
I think it's conceivably the case that this is only about games covered by Sky.

8 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
3 hours ago, craigkillie said:
Ewan Murray is full of shite at the best of times, wouldn't be surprised if he's got the wrong end of the stick somewhere given that absolutely nobody else has reported that.

I think it's conceivably the case that this is only about games covered by Sky.

I agree this would make perfect sense. It allows home clubs to sell full season tickets but ensures that clubs don't end up in competition with Sky.

Dave Cormack also saying that season ticket holders will be able to watch televised games as part of their ticket cost. I'd suggest that leans towards the idea that Sky have capped the number of viewers for their televised games, not the non-televised ones. I'm sure it will come out soon, although perhaps the clubs won't mind this misinformation being spread for a wee while if it convinces a few more folk to buy season tickets.