Summer Transfers of '20

Are Dunfermline actually signing all these players right now or are they essentially announcing pre-contract agreements? 

No idea. Given the window is officially open it would normally be right now but the contract might only start at an agreed date to avoid paying them for months before a ball is kicked.

Would this be the same Raith Rovers handing out two year contracts who set up a clearly bogus, guilt-tripping crowdfunder to keep their club afloat within 0.4 seconds of the season being paused and now want the rest of the SPFL to stump up for their ludicrous legal representation as well? It's a no from me to those shameless chancers.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No idea. Given the window is officially open it would normally be right now but the contract might only start at an agreed date to avoid paying them for months before a ball is kicked.

That makes sense from the club's point of view but why would a player take themselves off the market now without actually getting a wage in return? The difference in transfer strategy between different clubs at this level is stark; Morton haven't even announced which players will be retained/binned from the furloughed squad yet and I don't think that we're alone on that.

Edited by vikingTON

Would this be the same Raith Rovers handing out two year contracts who set up a clearly bogus, guilt-tripping crowdfunder to keep their club afloat within 0.4 seconds of the season being paused and now want the rest of the SPFL to stump up for their ludicrous legal representation as well? It's a no from me to those shameless chancers.

You should post more like this. 🤣

The very same. Indeed. What, exactly, is a no from you though?

On 16/07/2020 at 15:20, virginton said:

Paper talk sadly , we had Donald Finlay and Lachlan Cameron on sportsound stating they haven’t been approached by any club asking for donations and this was a week after the papers published this drivel. This bogus crowdfund was to fund the players, staff etc wages until the end of July when they are removed from furlough so what’s wrong with that? Better hope hearts don’t win there case then because Morton will be stumping up cash via compensation for the ludicrous legal representation 

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

This bogus crowdfund was to fund the players, staff etc wages until the end of July when they are removed from furlough so what’s wrong with that? 

Erm the entire fucking point of the furlough scheme is that the government pays those wages and not the company. And this wasn't even the purpose of the scheme at all: it was set up as a begging bowl plea to deal with your crippling cashflow issues, barely a week after you played Falkirk at home in one of the largest gates of the season. At that stage there was no furlough scheme. 

It has bee  then, in fact, a shameless hustle on the back of a global pandemic. You stay classy Raith Rovers.

Better hope hearts don’t win there case then because Morton will be stumping up cash via compensation for the ludicrous legal representation

Well no because the actual representations that were heard by the court were from the protagonists and the SPFL respectively. Yours was filed in the bin for being completely irrelevant and so has contributed not a jot to the eventual legal outcome either way.

Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Erm the entire fucking point of the furlough scheme is that the government pays those wages and not the company. And this wasn't even the purpose of the scheme at all: it was set up as a begging bowl plea to deal with your crippling cashflow issues, barely a week after you played Falkirk at home in one of the largest gates of the season. At that stage there was no furlough scheme. 

It has bee  then, in fact, a shameless hustle on the back of a global pandemic. You stay classy Raith Rovers.

Well no because the actual representations that were heard by the court were from the protagonists and the SPFL respectively. Yours was filed in the bin for being completely irrelevant and so has contributed not a jot to the eventual legal outcome either way.

Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

It only pays for 80% of the wages then reduces to 70% I believe so the club didn’t have enough funds with no income coming in so it’s a no brainer for me so the alternative is pay everyone off ? Anyway where’s you evidence that Raith rovers have approached clubs for money since you decided not to answer that in my previous post .

Morton are still paying lawyers fees because who is funding the SPFL  case? Who funds the compensation if hearts win Morton as a percentage and where do Morton get the funds from ? Aren’t they supporter owned 

41 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It only pays for 80% of the wages then reduces to 70% I believe so the club didn’t have enough funds with no income coming in so it’s a no brainer for me so the alternative is pay everyone off ?

Eh?

The JRS pays 80% of everybody's wage. Which is all you are required to pay. If you CHOSE to pay 100% salaries thereby costing yourself 20% thats on you but its entirely voluntary, and utter madness to pay if finances are a problem. 

The JRS pays the 80% in full till end July and in full but not covering Employers NIC and pension in August. It drops to 70% in Sept and 60% in Octiber but as football clubs are bou d to be back by Sept 1st and are playing in October thats clearly irrelevant.

Basically the JRS should cover all your payroll costs until you choose to return to work.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh?

The JRS pays 80% of everybody's wage. Which is all you are required to pay. If you CHOSE to pay 100% salaries thereby costing yourself 20% thats on you but its entirely voluntary, and utter madness to pay if finances are a problem. 

The JRS pays the 80% in full till end July and in full but not covering Employers NIC and pension in August. It drops to 70% in Sept and 60% in Octiber but as football clubs are bou d to be back by Sept 1st and are playing in October thats clearly irrelevant.

Basically the JRS should cover all your payroll costs until you choose to return to work.

I’m purely only defending the club I support regarding comments made by another individual on this forum by allegedly accusing Raith Rovers of starting a Bogus crowd fund page , I say well done if supporters raise in excess of 100k for club funds not our fault other clubs don’t follow suit , You appear to be an expert regarding the furlough scheme which I am not so we will leave at that