Queen's Park 2020/21

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

James Evans has posted on Twitter saying that he is leaving. He was offered the chance to stay in full time but wasn’t able to accept due to work and family commitments. 

So not quite the same as being “shown the door”.

Your right, it is not the same, but no public comment  on the QP website that he has gone and thanking him for the good work that he did over the years, disgraceful.

You know I’m happy with the way we are doing things ...people come and go ..we are going full time if it does not suit them and they say they can’t go full time then fine . Looking forward to the start of the season now . Hope our media team are going to cover pre season friendlies and tell us if they can stream the league games if we can’t get in to watch. Hope we get to see the new strips soon .

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Your right, it is not the same, but no public comment  on the QP website that he has gone and thanking him for the good work that he did over the years, disgraceful.

There are lots of clubs out there making staff redundant or in some places just telling them not to come back. The fact the club and James are parting on good terms should be enough for us to accept, especially if he has. 

4 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Same with Club Captain Gibby. 😒

Edited by QPSpider1867

4 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

They did thank him for his years of service as part of the announcement of his departure so not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Correct. I assume the perma-moaners would have accepted nothing less than a Princess Di "Candle In the Wind' 97" type tribute single released in his honour, though. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Correct. I assume the perma-moaners would have accepted nothing less than a Princess Di "Candle In the Wind' 97" type tribute single released in his honour, though. 

I think he got a tweet or something? Some thanks. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t refer to me as a moaner or discuss my posts. It’s clear respect and dignity isn’t your forte but some of us think players and staff deserve it. Don’t call me anything again 👍

20 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I think he got a tweet or something? Some thanks. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t refer to me as a moaner or discuss my posts. It’s clear respect and dignity isn’t your forte but some of us think players and staff deserve it. Don’t call me anything again 👍

What exactly were you hoping for? Like all the players he was looked after well in his time with the club and in his case, the time had come for him to move on. 

Surely it’s far more important that things are handled properly between the club and the player directly in these situations rather than public expressions of sentiment?

Edited by Spider Rico

I think he got a tweet or something? Some thanks. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t refer to me as a moaner or discuss my posts. It’s clear respect and dignity isn’t your forte but some of us think players and staff deserve it. Don’t call me anything again [emoji106]

I would suggest that if you don’t want your posts discussed - a public forum is not the place to put them on.

2 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

I would suggest that if you don’t want your posts discussed - a public forum is not the place to put them on.

Yeah exactly. A public forum where people should express their opinions without being insulted. I don’t need a keyboard warrior calling me a moaner. I enjoy a bit of back and forth with anyone on here but there’s no need for that. Glad to see you’re sticking together though. 

3 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Yeah exactly. A public forum where people should express their opinions without being insulted. I don’t need a keyboard warrior calling me a moaner. I enjoy a bit of back and forth with anyone on here but there’s no need for that. Glad to see you’re sticking together though. 

Firstly, I didn't address you directly. A minority have been moaning (apparently now an insult) at a time where there is, in my opinion, literally nothing to complain about. We're heading to a new stadium, with a full-time squad of experienced players from a higher level. Things have never been more promising. 

A tiny minority crying about a decision the overwhelming majority of the support backed, moaning about not re-signing a guy who had something at a higher level in the pipeline, and grumbling speculating about someone being "shown the door" (they hadn't.) Gibson was thanked. I don't know what else people wanted? It feels like inventing things to moan about when there's nothing there. 

Yes, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. My opinion happens to be that people are needlessly moaning about nothing.