WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Do you think 3G surfaces are good? If so why a top flights leagues against them i.e. England, Spain, Italy etc...

I don't think anyone is suggesting that a plastic pitch is as good as a top-flight league one.

But the top league clubs have the resources to spend a fortune on maintaining their pitches, and generally have the luxury of only using them  once a fortnight.

It's absurd to compare that with grass pitch maintenance and utilisation at WOSL level.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Bizarre post, and massively inccurate.

Glencairn had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the formation of the Lowland League.

And we are in absolutely no danger whatsoever of relegation this season. We are twice as far away from the relegation zone (12 points) in terms of points as we are from the promotion spots (6 points), and we have multiple games in hand over the teams currently occupying the relegation spots.

I never said you had.

I said Glencairn clung on to the coat-tails of Clydebank, thinking there would only be a few clubs taking the LL option.

You thought you'd get the drop on everyone else, but it didn't pan out.

22 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that a plastic pitch is as good as a top-flight league one.

But the top league clubs have the resources to spend a fortune on maintaining their pitches, and generally have the luxury of only using them  once a fortnight.

It's absurd to compare that with grass pitch maintenance and utilisation at WOSL level.

Look at Pollok, Kilbirnie, Talbot, Troon pitch etc...they can maintain them all year round. No reason the rest can't. 

As far as I am aware they only get used on match days, the teams train elsewhere. 

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

Why were Matt Bamford and Colin Boyd blowing their trumpets over their part in it's formation then?

Why is Colin Boyd even allowed to be involved as VP of the WoS he isn't attached to a club. 

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

I never said you had.

I said Glencairn clung on to the coat-tails of Clydebank, thinking there would only be a few clubs taking the LL option.

You thought you'd get the drop on everyone else, but it didn't pan out.

You actually did, and you just have again. We did not take any "LL option", we applied to join the WoSFL, as did all of the other West Region SJFA teams. We would have joined the WoSFL if there were 12 teams or 80 teams. We genuinely didn't care how many came over, we were going regardless.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

You actually did, and you just have again. We did not take any "LL option", we applied to join the WoSFL, as did all of the other West Region SJFA teams. We would have joined the WoSFL if there were 12 teams or 80 teams. We genuinely didn't care how many came over, we were going regardless.

Would you have joined if the league was 6 teams? Pretty pointless league

Just now, rhubarb1974 said:

Would you have joined if the league was 6 teams? Pretty pointless league

No, as the league wouldn't have existed with any less than 12 teams. However, they had the minimum 12 teams almost immediately after the application process was opened.

Let me apologise for my poor wording.

I didn't mean the formation of the LL, I should have said the formation of the LL's version of the WOSFL.

A version instigated by clandestine meetings of personnel from the LL and others.

2 of whom have gone on to boast about their part in it.

Let me apologise for my poor wording.

I didn't mean the formation of the LL, I should have said the formation of the LL's version of the WOSFL.

I understand you now.

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

No, as the league wouldn't have existed with any less than 12 teams. However, they had the minimum 12 teams almost immediately after the application process was opened.

At what stage do you think your club will see the benefit of the pyramid system? 

Did you play any part in that?

In the formation of the LL-WoSFL ? Yes, I was part of the initial Interim Management Group, by invitation from the LL-WoSFL's appointed chairman Dave McKenna.

Just now, rhubarb1974 said:

At what stage do you think your club will see the benefit of the pyramid system? 

We already are, as we now have access to Scottish FA Licensing which we would never have had in the old West Region SJFA.

Obviously we cannot compete financially with the big teams in the Premier and some of the big-spending teams currently in the First Division, but in a few years' time things may have levelled out a bit, time will tell.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

In the formation of the LL-WoSFL ? Yes, I was part of the initial Interim Management Group, by invitation from the LL-WoSFL's appointed chairman Dave McKenna.

That group only came into existence after the formation. I'm talking about what went on before then.

That group only came into existence after the formation. I'm talking about what went on before then.

I was not involved in anything until I was invited to do so.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We already are, as we now have access to Scottish FA Licensing which we would never have had in the old West Region SJFA.

Why would that not have been possible if the SJFA's version for the WOSFL had won through?

Why would that not have been possible if the SJFA's version for the WOSFL had won through?

Because it couldn't happen under the terms of the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL agreement with the Scottish FA, all four parties would have had to agree, and the EoSFL would not have sanctioned another tier 6 league in their geographical area.

4 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

This is just a mishmash list that makes no sense in the real world !! No way is this a list of teams who play in cages.

It has a small number of accurate info, total fabrications, prejudice against teams who share and also prejudice against plastic pitches.

Gala, Gretna and Edinburgh uni not a cage in sight

University of Stirling share with Stirling Albion & Cumbernald colts - they both rent 

Against the B teams - I get that prejudice but again, not a cage in sight

I think this is simply spewing false  bile for the sake of trying to make a point -

I have no issue with that -  if facts were used !!!

Wasting your time reasoning with such a prejudiced individual. Assured me months ago that he had been to plenty LL games but never provided any examples. Doubt he’s ever been east of Harthill Services. If everything he says is true then he wouldn’t have been back after his first one 😂

Also waiting to hear why Gala and Gretna are “plastic clubs”. Obviously never been to either, or even Edinburgh Uni which is actually a decent experience although their hard core support is probably only about 30. Gala appear to have a better core support than Darvel and have a proud history in the EOSL.