WoSFL Premier Division thread

4 hours ago, HotdogTom said:

No fighting here from this proponent of peace.   Moffat is a good young coach and he has got of to a flyer in a tough league.  Never visited and not had a good time win or lose there.  

someone is usually the bad guy in most environments and if it’s the Bankies they will play the part well 😂

To be fair the bankie fans on here play their part well as the club to hate. 😆😆😆

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes, i agree, by playing the optional cups midweek we could have more saturdays for league games. 

He's right though. Do you know if Clydebank have approached any other club to ask if they're interested in a midweek tie? 

@BANKIEBILL

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes, i agree, by playing the optional cups midweek we could have more saturdays for league games. 

What optional cups? There's only one and that's the South Challenge Cup.

Do you really think they should be midweek games? Surely even you lot wouldn't want that.

All others are mandatory for the clubs that are eligible to play in them. Scottish Gas Scottish Cup, Strathclyde Demolition Cup, Indigo Comms League Cup and the Scottish Junior Cup.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

He's right though. Do you know if Clydebank have approached any other club to ask if they're interested in a midweek tie? 

@BANKIEBILL

We dont have the wealthy millionaire moneymen to sustain our wage bill, it comes through the gate and hospitality, why should we miss out on a saturday home game to facilitate a rival organisations cup? Genuinely dont get how anyone thinks thats a sensible business model.  Even clubs that participate in the sjfa cashgrab cup, you’re giving away weekends to play in a cup, an ability to maximise your income, instead to turn a large percentage over to a body who are doing absolutely nothing to help your club? Madness. 

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

What optional cups? There's only one and that's the South Challenge Cup.

Do you really think they should be midweek games? Surely even you lot wouldn't want that.

All others are mandatory for the clubs that are eligible to play in them. Scottish Gas Scottish Cup, Strathclyde Demolition Cup, Indigo Comms League Cup and the Scottish Junior Cup.

The south cup isnt optional, the sjfa cup is the only optional one and any club which withdraws from the scc should be expelled from the wosl. 
i think the clubs who play in the sjfa cup should be playing their league games midweek at home, clubs who arent members of a voluntary organisation should not be at a disadvantage. The lack of a viable full fixture list is a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We dont have the wealthy millionaire moneymen to sustain our wage bill, it comes through the gate and hospitality, why should we miss out on a saturday home game to facilitate a rival organisations cup? Genuinely dont get how anyone thinks thats a sensible business model.  Even clubs that participate in the sjfa cashgrab cup, you’re giving away weekends to play in a cup, an ability to maximise your income, instead to turn a large percentage over to a body who are doing absolutely nothing to help your club? Madness. 

It's been stated in here before that @Kennie doesn't have the power to bring forward games they way he used to and that's by the orders of the WoSFL Board. I wonder who's in charge of that? Perhaps you could ask him why everyone's to suffer to pay your massive wages.

Oh wait a minute.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The south cup isnt optional, the sjfa cup is the only optional one and any club which withdraws from the scc should be expelled from the wosl. 
i think the clubs who play in the sjfa cup should be playing their league games midweek at home, clubs who arent members of a voluntary organisation should not be at a disadvantage. The lack of a viable full fixture list is a joke. 

I think you need to go away and read your new constitution.

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

I

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

It's been stated in here before that @Kennie doesn't have the power to bring forward games they way he used to and that's by the orders of the WoSFL Board. I wonder who's in charge of that? Perhaps you could ask him why everyone's to suffer to pay your massive wages.

Oh wait a minute.

Ah yes, Matt famously is able to rule on things without a vote from the rest of the board or members isnt he? 
as for the last part of that post, i have no clue what point you’re even trying to make. 

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Who have you got on Saturday?

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ah yes, Matt famously is able to rule on things without a vote from the rest of the board or members isnt he? 
as for the last part of that post, i have no clue what point you’re even trying to make. 

The south cup is optional, incredibly

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not this season.

This was covered. 

Anyway, I agree re the Junior cup. It should be midweek where possible. You need to bear in mind that the LL, your soon to be new home has loads of midweek league games too.