WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Darvel posting about welcoming Pollok fans this weekend, completely forgetting how Darvel conducted themselves prior to the West final...

Desperate for cash so playing the good guys now?

Maybe time to cut the new regime a bit of slack now that Mr Hill has disappeared 'up the brae' with the 'Yakety Sax' theme tune ringing in his lugs.

Will it bring a fresh and friendly atmosphere to the place?

Time will tell, as someone on here likes to pontificate.

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

Maybe time to cut the new regime a bit of slack now that Mr Hill has disappeared 'up the brae' with the 'Yakety Sax' theme tune ringing in his lugs.

Will it bring a fresh and friendly atmosphere to the place?

Time will tell, as someone on here likes to pontificate.

Frank Hill only came in from the new year I believe? 

There was a lot more than just him involved in the stupid games in recent years, yes he was the fall guy. 

There is still a big divide it seems with Darvel fans, until those loyal to the Gall regime can draw a line in the sand I don't see there being much of an improvement. 

14 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Frank Hill only came in from the new year I believe? 

There was a lot more than just him involved in the stupid games in recent years, yes he was the fall guy. 

There is still a big divide it seems with Darvel fans, until those loyal to the Gall regime can draw a line in the sand I don't see there being much of an improvement. 

Sorry but Darvel burnt to many bridges with a lot of clubs .clubs aren't just going to forget that cause gall hill Kennedy all left . They need to remember how to treat everyone with same respect regardless who runs the club but unfortunately I think clubs don't have respect for Darvel due to past owners and management .

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Sorry but Darvel burnt to many bridges with a lot of clubs .clubs aren't just going to forget that cause gall hill Kennedy all left . They need to remember how to treat everyone with same respect regardless who runs the club but unfortunately I think clubs don't have respect for Darvel due to past owners and management .

Luke 6:37 - “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven

🙏

10 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

My understanding us that as I have used the word in the past tense 'c' is actually the more grammatically correct spelling.

Always happy to be proven wrong.

Nah, it's a verb in this statement so it's an "s".

9 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

As they intend going plastic I doubt they'll be spending anything on the pitch.

https://www.johnstoneburghfc.com/news/johnstone-burgh-announce-exciting-redevelopment-plans-for-keanie-park

Sounds good,  teams who are putting a lot into their park, happens to teams every so often, usually forfeit at the expense of the team.  It doesn't say when they are starting this and how long it will take but will be on the look out for it.  Definitely for the community, so looking forward to it all happening and coming to fruition.

20 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sounds good,  teams who are putting a lot into their park, happens to teams every so often, usually forfeit at the expense of the team.  It doesn't say when they are starting this and how long it will take but will be on the look out for it.  Definitely for the community, so looking forward to it all happening and coming to fruition.

You lost me at "for the community", I don't see JB promoting youth players any time soon going by recent transfers. 

Why not improve the grass park and then build a separate community facility. If teams are serious about the pyramid then they wouldn't install a surface that halts their progression through the pyramid system. Any teams with plastic pitches are not working in line with the pyramid, we have already seen the SPL stance on plastic, it is not going to be long before championship follows suit. 

So if you want to be progressive and want the pyramid to work go grass. 

Just now, leaguereformer said:

You lost me at "for the community", I don't see JB promoting youth players any time soon going by recent transfers. 

Why not improve the grass park and then build a separate community facility. If teams are serious about the pyramid then they wouldn't install a surface that halts their progression through the pyramid system. Any teams with plastic pitches are not working in line with the pyramid, we have already seen the SPL stance on plastic, it is not going to be long before championship follows suit. 

So if you want to be progressive and want the pyramid to work go grass. 

iI's' easily to lose you, all you do is hatred and negative.

Well Johnstone Burgh are serious about the premier as they are in the WOSFL premier league and doing well. it reads that they are intent on using a UEFA accredited Astro and it means the pitch can be used by the local young teams during the week, thus getting the local community involved in the club.  The bold type not only tells me of your hatred but genuinely not too bright. Johnstone burgh are involved in the pyramid as said before they are in the premier league and doing well and I'm sure they may even have their eye on an SFA license.  The stance on plastic pitches is for the Scottish Premier league ONLY, let me say that again THE PREMIE|R LEAGUE ONLY.  Genuinely Leagueinformer see if your going to open your mouth on here, please do some research so you can back yourself up as when you talk utter crap, even your junior orientated friends shake their head in disbelief.

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

iI's' easily to lose you, all you do is hatred and negative.

Well Johnstone Burgh are serious about the premier as they are in the WOSFL premier league and doing well. it reads that they are intent on using a UEFA accredited Astro and it means the pitch can be used by the local young teams during the week, thus getting the local community involved in the club.  The bold type not only tells me of your hatred but genuinely not too bright. Johnstone burgh are involved in the pyramid as said before they are in the premier league and doing well and I'm sure they may even have their eye on an SFA license.  The stance on plastic pitches is for the Scottish Premier league ONLY, let me say that again THE PREMIE|R LEAGUE ONLY.  Genuinely Leagueinformer see if your going to open your mouth on here, please do some research so you can back yourself up as when you talk utter crap, even your junior orientated friends shake their head in disbelief.

Just to confirm astros are to FIFA standards not UEFA so perhaps do your own research. 

There is talk of the Championship also introducing the same standard to prevent a champion club not being able to be promoted. Hence why I said it starts to filter down. Have an astro for a training park, there is not a single good plastic pitch that is able to compete with grass it simply isn't a true surface. 

1 minute ago, leaguereformer said:

Just to confirm astros are to FIFA standards not UEFA so perhaps do your own research. 

There is talk of the Championship also introducing the same standard to prevent a champion club not being able to be promoted. Hence why I said it starts to filter down. Have an astro for a training park, there is not a single good plastic pitch that is able to compete with grass it simply isn't a true surface. 

Honestly gonny just stop.

if you want to keep to grass just go and watch grass pitches, especially when no ones playing on them you can make pals with the worms

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Honestly gonny just stop.

if you want to keep to grass just go and watch grass pitches, especially when no ones playing on them you can make pals with the worms

So you don't think Scotland should follow suit with Spain, England, Germany, Holland etc...in not allowing plastic pitches in their professional leagues which in Scotland would include the WoS? 

Are those countries with better footballing history and player development all wrong yet Scotland have got it spot on? 

You defend non natural surfaces which football is not designed to be played on as it suits your narrative. 

Where is the advantages other than penny pinching for having plastic pitches?