Championship Predictor 2020/21

On 09/08/2020 at 11:47, madton said:

Once squads are mostly complete ill get a 1-10 down but for now i think it will be something like;

Winners - Hearts. 

Dunfermline and Dundee comfortably in playoffs. 

Morton, ICT, Ayr and Raith 4th-7th any order

Alloa, Arbroath and Queens bottom 3.

1. Hearts. 

2. Dunfermline 

3. Dundee

4. Ayr

5. Morton 

6. ICT

7. Arbroath 

8. Raith 

9. QOTS

10. Alloa. 

4th-7th hardest part to judge, can see those teams being very similar. Think Ayr have a slight stronger 11 than us so giving them the edge. Don't think there will be much between those 4, possibly Raith as well. 

4th is definitely up for grabs for quite a few teams. 

For us, we have enough (hunners infact) attacking threat to compete in this division but lack a natural goalscorer so will need someone to step up and score 10-15 goals. Most of the midfield has been retained from last season so solid enough in there. Its the defence and keeper positions which is causing me most concern, need to hope the recent defensive signings show up well. If they do, 4th is possible, if we leak goals like we did last season, it's bottom 3-4.

Just looking forward to watching us again, even if Alloa skud us on the first day!! 

Holding off on making a prediction until I see what remaining signings we make. Expecting at least one striker and another midfielder.

I think at the minute QOTS and Morton are looking the weakest. Morton have loads of players going forward but not much actual quality. Alloa will be nearer the bottom again but they’ve got a settled squad and should just survive.

Holding off on making a prediction until I see what remaining signings we make. Expecting at least one striker and another midfielder.

I think at the minute QOTS and Morton are looking the weakest. Morton have loads of players going forward but not much actual quality. Alloa will be nearer the bottom again but they’ve got a settled squad and should just survive.
D'Jaffo, I like you. But if you continue to call us QOTS instead of QoS, I think I might be forced to hunt you down and give you a right good telling off.

1 hour ago, madton said:

1. Hearts. 

2. Dunfermline 

3. Dundee

4. Ayr

5. Morton 

6. ICT

7. Arbroath 

8. Raith 

9. QOTS

10. Alloa. 

4th-7th hardest part to judge, can see those teams being very similar. Think Ayr have a slight stronger 11 than us so giving them the edge. Don't think there will be much between those 4, possibly Raith as well. 

4th is definitely up for grabs for quite a few teams. 

For us, we have enough (hunners infact) attacking threat to compete in this division but lack a natural goalscorer so will need someone to step up and score 10-15 goals. Most of the midfield has been retained from last season so solid enough in there. Its the defence and keeper positions which is causing me most concern, need to hope the recent defensive signings show up well. If they do, 4th is possible, if we leak goals like we did last season, it's bottom 3-4.

Just looking forward to watching us again, even if Alloa skud us on the first day!! 

Don't know what's more remarkable about that... a. that you think we'll finish above ICT; or b. that we'll finish above ICT and still not be in the play-offs...

I think we'll finish 6th at best (and even that seems highly optimistic at this stage), more likely 7th or 8th.

Top four most likely Hearts, Dundee, ICT, Dunfermline, with Ayr the wildcard. Having said that, I wouldn't place much value on any kind of predictions this year; there's that wee sense that anything could happen...

D'Jaffo, I like you. But if you continue to call us QOTS instead of QoS, I think I might be forced to hunt you down and give you a right good telling off.

You like me? And here I was thinking it was you spamming the vote to try and award me worst Ayr poster on here.

I’ll remember that in future.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You like me? And here I was thinking it was you spamming the vote to try and award me worst Ayr poster on here.

I bet it was him, but he voted you as worst Ayr poster for every time you've wrote QOTS.

1. Hearts 

2. Dunfermline Athletic 

3. Dundee

4. ICT

5. Ayr

6. Arbroarh 

7.  Raith

8. Morton

9. QOS

10. Alloa

Cant wait for Alloa to comfortably stay up and this post to feature in their ‘staying up’ video. 

Think If we get 2 competent strikers and a midfielder we will pip ICT to 4th

You're not even close to being the worst Ayr poster. You're one of the few decent ones [emoji14]

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

1. Hearts 

2. Dunfermline Athletic 

3. Dundee

4. ICT

5. Ayr

6. Arbroarh 

7.  Raith

8. Morton

9. QOS

10. Alloa

Cant wait for Alloa to comfortably stay up and this post to feature in their ‘staying up’ video. 

Think If we get 2 competent strikers and a midfielder we will pip ICT to 4th

Dunfermline assembled a decent squad but surely question marks still over their manager. Could be 2nd or 7th.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Likewise massive question marks over Kerr, and McPake. 

Probably question marks over most this year, but would they act? Given the shortened season and the financial implications/questions, will any team make a change? A catastrophic start to the season could easily be insurmountable this year, and taking the financial hit of dumping and replacing a manager might not be prudent. How quickly would a team be certain they needed to make a change, five games...nine games? Would that allow time to fix the problem, given the winter window will be through February, possibly, but who will be ready to spend money?

For us the next week is huge for Kerr to get a decent striker in which will determine how high we can finish, we're just learning that we seem to have lost our main striker Moore to a bad injury so biggest concern for me is where our goals will come from. 

If we get a decent striker in i think we can finsih top 4 quite comfortably but could be squeaky bum time for top 4 if we struggle to get a decent striker.

11 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
11 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Likewise massive question marks over Kerr, and McPake. 

Both those managers finished above you last season, so not quite as massive.

Both of them took charge of teams in better shape, Kerrs got a very similar record to Crawford despite managing a better set of players last year.