Championship Predictor 2020/21

I'm pretty sure the SFA can only either fine Hearts and Partick or suspend/expel them from the Association, which would kick them out of the SPFL. Idk if the SPFL have grounds to deduct points from the sides for their indiscretions, but it would be a proper laugh if they could.

45 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

They’re going to get some sort of punishment.

Why not a points deduction?

Because the SFA don't run the leagues and don't have the power to give out points deductions.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How do you mean?

Seems pretty obvious what he means. That like Hamikton, it doesnt matter how often the entire population predicts that we will go down, we always find a way to survive and avoid relegation.

Quite amusing though not a perfect comparison. Hamilton are, with the possible exception of Livi now I suppose, the smallest club in the Premier. We are not the smallest at this level. We arent even the 2nd smallest. Also despite the spectacular crashes of the last 2 years, we havent generally been close to relegation that often. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Seems pretty obvious what he means. That like Hamikton, it doesnt matter how often the entire population predicts that we will go down, we always find a way to survive and avoid relegation.

Quite amusing though not a perfect comparison. Hamilton are, with the possible exception of Livi now I suppose, the smallest club in the Premier. We are not the smallest at this level. We arent even the 2nd smallest. Also despite the spectacular crashes of the last 2 years, we havent generally been close to relegation that often. 

Yes, that's clearly what he means, but as you say, the parallels aren't really that evident.

There's a perception that we always just cling on, which is only borne out by very recent history.  We went down eight years ago, and well before that, had a couple of Great Escapes, but I doubt if anyone's factoring those into such predictions or comments, given that since these events, we've twice featured in the promotion play-offs.

Last season, we obviously had to negotiate the relegation play-offs following a horrendous nose dive that took us into them, and came within a whisker of taking us down automatically.  This time, we really did seem destined for bottom, until a helpful pandemic dropped by.

We have thus survived twice by the tiniest of margins.  Like most though, I don't see this as evidence of a trick we'll keep pulling off.

It wasn't obvious or I wouldn't have asked. I thought he was suggesting, like Hamilton we float down at the bottom of the league every season but don't go down, which hasn't been the case apart from the last 2 seasons. But rather than jumping in head first and pointing that out I gave him the benefit of the doubt and asked what he meant exactly ;)

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It wasn't obvious or I wouldn't have asked. I thought he was suggesting, like Hamilton we float down at the bottom of the league every season but don't go down, which hasn't been the case apart from the last 2 seasons. But rather than jumping in head first and pointing that out I gave him the benefit of the doubt and asked what he meant exactly ;)

T'was obvious to Monkey Tennis and me. 😋

I actually thought it was quite amusing despite being a very short term comparison at best. Almost a return to the old "Part time but we're beating you" mentality. 😄

You're all looking far too much into my comment. I just meant that you're a turd that won't flush having been in the league for what seems like forever (Bar a 1 season blip) and just existing without really doing anything. :P

Season Prediction:

After two or three stops and starts, the season is declared null and void. The actual decision to declare it such takes two months and several votes. Some people ask why the SPFL didn’t establish any rules or instructions about how a season would be decided/ended in such a case...Doncaster mutters something about sponsors and revenue, pockets a cheque and goes out to dinner...Ann Budge sues because Hearts are on top by a point, having played three more games than second place.

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're all looking far too much into my comment. I just meant that you're a turd that won't flush having been in the league for what seems like forever (Bar a 1 season blip) and just existing without really doing anything. :P

As a Dundee fan, there must have been a couple of points this century, at which "just existing" looked wildly ambitious.  No?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m trying to be as realistic as possible. It’s far too early to have an accurate stab in the dark, so a stab in the dark blind folded, here goes:

1. Dundee
2. Hearts
3. ICT
4. Dunfermline
5. Ayr
6. Raith Rovers
7. Arbroath
8. Morton
9. Alloa
10. QoS

Based on right now and who's got funds and who's been busy signing who so far.

1. Hearts  (cant see past them but they wont skoosh it this time)

2.  Dundee (inexperienced manager)

3. ICT  (just don't see them challenging, seem to be in decline a bit)

4. Dunfermline ( great squad but will the Craw get them at it? I doubt it)

5. Raith  (decent squad, could be the surprise package, I'm hoping so)

6. Ayr  (Lost some good guys, I think they will struggle a bit more than last season)

7. Arbroath (now a known quantity, cant see them higher than 7th)

8. Alloa (will flirt with disaster but with more decent loans will avoid the trap door at the 11th hour)

9. Morton (no signings losing players? a club in flux)

10. QoS (Avoided the drop 2 years running, financially it looks like 20-21 will be a bridge too far)

It will likely be a vastly different story come October, lots of loans from clubs with no reserve sides will transform teams who haven't made lots of signings

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

10. QoS (Avoided the drop 2 years running, financially it looks like 20-21 will be a bridge too far)

You're entitled to see us as 10th place material if you want. Its not unreasonable. We have 3 players, and havent made any public moves yet but I fail to see where this 'financially' nonsense is coming from? Not us who had a big fundraising appeal to fans as soon as the season paused or had the begging bowl out for legal funding before signing 3 keepers and handing out 2 year deals to players from other championship clubs. 😜

Edited by Skyline Drifter