Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

BU MOTM was Tom Grant . Not just for his great goal but for his overall performance. Loads of effort from Tommo who looked in great shape. Devon had a good game as well.

Thought our back 4 looked a decent unit. Sure we lost a goal from a corner but it was a good cross and header.

3 points against a solid team. Tier 5 campaign off to a good start.

time waster - defo, but mom for me. just because he has a little better distribution than Dev. Two of them put a right old shift in the middle. 

Ritchie is a slight hamstring pull.

Nimmo, I hear, is struggling with sore everything. age and injuries catching up with him.

Sounds strange, but missing that big 37 year old: his vision, his touch, leadership skills and his winning everything in the air.

great result. possible draw a fair shout, but I will take an ugly win all day everyday.

going to enjoy a few bottles of beer soon, methinks.

have a soooper evening gents.

I hear McGregor & Faulds are a way. Missing  were Ritchie & Nimmo ( as previously mentioned). Stevenson & Zander a big miss. 
Cumbernauld moved the ball about Well but when it came to the cutting edge it was blunted by good and sometimes desperate defending. It looks Max will have to recruit some players.

Great result at the end of the day. 
Forgot Comrie was on the injury list.

Edited by boheesian

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Referee had an excellent game. Wasn't over fussy and only blew his whistle when he had to. Don't think either side could complain about his performance......although Max shouting "how long ref" from the 89th minute onwards was a bit comical.

Shout Dave, too often we are on the backs of the referees, and normally, quite rightly so..

but credit where credit is due. excellent refereeing.