Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Just now, BU_Brian said:

Thanks for the info Fairweather.

no relegation possibly? eases the pressure a little.

thanks.

That's the working theory. Seems strange to include a rule of expanding to 18 if the LL was planning to get back to 16 for 2021-22.

Let's the LL honour the LL playoff like last year and a Tier 6 Champion gets promoted. Then hope the SPFL Playoff doesn't end up with HL champion promoted/SPFL42 relegated to the LL. Which is the only scenario that would give 19 clubs.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's the working theory. Seems strange to include a rule of expanding to 18 if the LL was planning to get back to 16 for 2021-22.

Let's the LL honour the LL playoff like last year and a Tier 6 Champion gets promoted. Then hope the SPFL Playoff doesn't end up with HL champion promoted/SPFL42 relegated to the LL. Which is the only scenario that would give 19 clubs.

Stranger things have happened. 🙂

thanks again,

be lucky Fairweather.

1 hour ago, BU_Brian said:

on a realistic note:

I would say, 10 more points will ensure LL football at Newton Park next season.

Over the course of a 32 game season Edinburgh Uni are currently on course for 12 points. You really don't need to be worrying about relegation at this point. Hopefully there is no runaway big spending leader this year and the top 7 or so keep taking points off each other regularly and slipping up from time to time elsewhere as that would be the receipe for an interesting second half to the season when fans are likely to be back.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Over the course of a 32 game season Edinburgh Uni are currently on course for 12 points. You really don't need to be worrying about relegation at this point. Hopefully there is no runaway big spending leader this year and the top 7 or so keep taking points off each other regularly and slipping up from time to time elsewhere as that would be the receipe for an interesting second half to the season when fans are likely to be back.

Agreed. I dunno why all the relegation chatter started in the first place but it needs binned! 😄

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed. I dunno why all the relegation chatter started in the first place but it needs binned! 😄

Guilty 8Mile, but I never envisioned this.... lol.

promise... no more relegation chit chat. 

erm .....  now we are 8 games and still undefeated. yaaaaahhhh. 🙂

4 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Getting in players from the West when finances are tight was a bold move . Great to see the club backing the manager.

Apparently tried for one from Tranent but he went to Bonnyrigg. 
We certainly needed a player injection with long term injuries to Hunter and Turnbull ( both I heard are back in training) as well as Locke with a hamstring.

A wee rest for the players this week with no midweek fixture.

Edited by boheesian

On 14/11/2020 at 18:07, Tutankhamen said:

Look on the bright side, VoL will be there next year to lose a 100 goals.

Unless of course they do a Selkirk.

Why would you want a club to fold ? 

They are in the LL for a reason. It's not their fault the rules keep changing. 

Absolute ridiculous statement to make!

9 hours ago, boheesian said:

Quite a lot of ‘ball boys’ there.

...and nothing like as well spread out as they are at Newtown Park to at least make it look like they are doing something useful. EK don't look that strong in those highlights. Don't think that's the sort of quality Kelty were at last season, if highlights are enough to judge that sort of thing. Time will tell I guess.