OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Finlay Pollock is close to the first team, younger and ours. He might not be as good as Lowry just now but he certainly won't be if he doesn't get chances.

Aye, I'd prefer a successful Hearts first team rather than worrying about developing our own players too much. If Pollock is good enough he'll force his way in. He'll make it impossible for them to ignore him. 

Edited by Hendricks

20 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Aye, I'd prefer a successful Hearts first team rather than worrying about developing our own players too much. If Pollock is good enough he'll force his way in. He'll make it impossible for them to ignore him. 

An understandable point of view. I'd personally rather we had a successful team without loaning from teams in the same league.

51 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I can imagine the fans will be very quick to judge Lowry for the facts others have mentioned, should be giving our youngsters a shot rather than loaning Sevco young players.

Also thought Lowry was on the verge of breaking into the Rangers team so strange one imo.

There was some tweets about his attitude being poor a month or so ago.

Difficult one IMO, I would love to see us give our own young players a chance either in a starting position or regular substitute appearances. Especially with players like Pollok who looks like he could be a really good player and possibly ready to step up. 

Ultimately though we are all going to quite rightly judge Naismith and McAvoy on results and how we start the season, with that in mind they need to be allowed to bring in the players that they believe are going to allow them to do their job the best. If the management played young players to meet fan demand and it didn't work we couldn't really hold them to account, let them do the job with the tools they think are best and lets see how it goes. 

I don't think it really shines a negative light on our academy either as we have had a few players come through the last couple of years and the B team could be used as a  metric to judge the progression of young players and they seem to be doing ok. 

Have we actually signed this guy?

Personally if we have a buy option like McRorie then great. 

Ultimately our first goal is to get 3rd and progress in cups. I'm not convinced that Lowry is a better option than either Beni, Cammy or even Grant 

20 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Have we actually signed this guy?

Personally if we have a buy option like McRorie then great. 

Ultimately our first goal is to get 3rd and progress in cups. I'm not convinced that Lowry is a better option than either Beni, Cammy or even Grant 

Not sure where he usually plays, but he's been wide left when I've seen him. He'll be an alternative to McKay (currently injured) rather than competing with the CMs I think.

Being dispassionate, it's no different to loaning someone from Brighton like Alex Cochrane. And who knows, he might be deemed surplus to requirements at Ranges and we get him in the end.

Not being dispassionate .... It's Rangers.  Fuckin' Booo

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Being dispassionate, it's no different to loaning someone from Brighton like Alex Cochrane. And who knows, he might be deemed surplus to requirements at Ranges and we get him in the end.

They can recall to sell him or play for them in January. 

Hes contracted at Rangers until 2025 so i suspect if hes good enough that you want to keep then youll find hes also too expensive.

Strange loan for Hearts, really. Inter-league loans can make sense for clubs without financial pulling power as, especially from Celtic/Rangers, you can get someone better than what you could afford permanently. For Hearts though? Seems lose lose. Youre developing a player for a rival while, at best, getting 1 season out them, and also losing out financially in every way. Feels like you couldve signed someone to do what Lowry will permanently while also getting some longer term benefit.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes contracted at Rangers until 2025 so i suspect if hes good enough that you want to keep then youll find hes also too expensive.

Strange loan for Hearts, really. Inter-league loans can make sense for clubs without financial pulling power as, especially from Celtic/Rangers, you can get someone better than what you could afford permanently. For Hearts though? Seems lose lose. Youre developing a player for a rival while, at best, getting 1 season out them, and also losing out financially in every way. Feels like you couldve signed someone to do what Lowry will permanently while also getting some longer term benefit.

Naibadges developing players for his true love instead of the junior jambos.  Makes perfect sense.  

Good player with plenty of potential btw.  Be a good signing for any club outside the top two.  I don't mind using the tool to get good players that can improve the team even if only for a season.  The hypocrisy of hearts fans who say they would hate to loan from them like Aberdeen and us have has to be highlighted. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't really disagree with this tbh. He's a good player, and an upgrade on the likes of Forrest or Grant. But beyond this season there's no real benefit in it for us and we are financially well off enough to source players we can keep.

I thought the same when Aberdeen and Hibs loaned from the 2 in Glasgow, it just doesn't stack up borrowing and developing players from teams you can't stand and don't need to engage with. 

He's here and it's not his fault so I wish him well, sure he'll do us a turn.

25 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I think it is different to Cochrane tbh. Guys like him you're borrowing from a different league, not nurturing talent for someone you don't like. 

Also, there's always the chance that if a PL player does well you can get them long term, we've done it,Hibs and Aberdeen too, because the English teams aren't really fussed. Whereas if someone like Lowry stands out they are just taken back and there's no chance of it being permanent.