OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

I was happy for Naismith to be given a shot, and I would usually argue for Managers to be given more time, but Naismith doesn't look like he knows what he's doing.

There doesn't seem to be a clear game plan, and there are issues with his team selections and subs.

As almost everyone seems to be saying, it all looks a bit Neilsonesque.

There's bound to be a change before the aiberdeen game, but it'll probably just be a cabinet re-shuffle. 

I'd be tempted to get rid, and bring in an ootsider. 

19 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I get the impression that not sacking Naismith & co in the international break would just be kicking the can down the road. With Robson at least there was a reason for Aberdeen keeping him on. I just don't see that with Hearts & Naismith. It would be a massive opportunity wasted if they didn't bring in a competent manager to take charge of what is probably the 3rd best team in the league with strength in depth & quality. 

The appointment in the first place was just down right odd. 

The only logic I can apply is that it was the cheap, easy option.

On 04/09/2023 at 11:06, paranoid android said:

I was happy for Naismith to be given a shot, and I would usually argue for Managers to be given more time, but Naismith doesn't look like he knows what he's doing.

There doesn't seem to be a clear game plan, and there are issues with his team selections and subs.

As almost everyone seems to be saying, it all looks a bit Neilsonesque.

There's bound to be a change before the aiberdeen game, but it'll probably just be a cabinet re-shuffle. 

I'd be tempted to get rid, and bring in an ootsider. 

You mean a heel, surely?

2 hours ago, Girth said:

I would hazard a guess that the fumes from his post footballing career in painting and decorating has now caused his brain to seriously malfunction...................

You ask a footballer a question along the lines of "Can your old team Albion Rovers win the Champions League in the next decade?" and you always get an answer a long the lines of that kind of meaningless pish.

Any journos reading, feel free to use this to write about any club you want.

"Well, they've got a great coach and if they back him in the transfer market, I think they'll go far. It's a great support and it really is a INSERT LEVEL HERE club. I think the sky's the limit. Of course they can INSERT ACHIEVEMENT HERE if they get things right off the park."

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

You ask a footballer a question along the lines of "Can your old team Albion Rovers win the Champions League in the next decade?" and you always get an answer a long the lines of that kind of meaningless pish.

Any journos reading, feel free to use this to write about any club you want.

"Well, they've got a great coach and if they back him in the transfer market, I think they'll go far. It's a great support and it really is a INSERT LEVEL HERE club. I think the sky's the limit. Of course they can INSERT ACHIEVEMENT HERE if they get things right off the park."

You're welcome.

Especially by the time the interview has been edited down to the supposedly “interesting” bits

On 04/09/2023 at 10:31, DC92 said:

Funny thing is, we're probably going to end up confirming him as actual manager this week.

There we go.

As a side note, it's quite funny that there are people out there who think our poor performances so far are due to McAvoy "pulling the strings".

30 minutes ago, DC92 said:

There we go.

As a side note, it's quite funny that there are people out there who think our poor performances so far are due to McAvoy "pulling the strings".

These people will presumably also be extremely worried if there's not enough change

There's a certain streak in hearts fandom (that's probably reflected at other clubs) where people feel that the more annoyed they can get  the more it shows they care.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Top trolling from hearts. 

The response to calls for the manager to be sacked is to announce he’s been appointed manager. 

That 30 day contract makes it a bit more palatable. 

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

These people will presumably also be extremely worried if there's not enough change

There's a certain streak in hearts fandom (that's probably reflected at other clubs) where people feel that the more annoyed they can get  the more it shows they care.

Would probably be healthier than the current state of apathy. 

Maybe it's a side-effect of the Romanov years, but it seems all the mental stuff the current board do is met with a collective shrug of the shoulders.

14 minutes ago, Darren said:

Would probably be healthier than the current state of apathy. 

Maybe it's a side-effect of the Romanov years, but it seems all the mental stuff the current board do is met with a collective shrug of the shoulders.

To be fair Vlad set a pretty high bar.  Would have loved to be there when he sent the peanuts to the Scottish Press pack as "Nuts for the Monkeys" 😆