OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.a3614cdb73a41c64eed57b12641469d6.png

Any Jambos want to pass a message on?

Says a lot about how the business of football works that this guy keeps finding employment.

The transfer market operates on favours, deals that lean on other deals, and clubs who just don't know what the f**k they are doing.

That man is simply miles off being a professional goalkeeper. They'd honestly be better off just cuting his wage in half and giving it to me.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Says a lot about how the business of football works that this guy keeps finding employment.

The transfer market operates on favours, deals that lean on other deals, and clubs who just don't know what the f**k they are doing.

That man is simply miles off being a professional goalkeeper. They'd honestly be better off just cuting his wage in half and giving it to me.

Having Man U on your CV likely helps him a lot.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Having Man U on your CV likely helps him a lot.

Oh, I don't doubt that for a second.

I'd imagine it's basically that alone that's getting him work.

There can be no other reason. You generally can't say this about actual professional footballers, but that guy just can't play. He's not a goalkeeper.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2023 at 18:06, Dons_1988 said:

We were left in a difficult position. His leverage for the job was clearly helped by external circumstances (just how much of a mess Goodwin made and hearts implosion plus 3rd place being more significant than normal) but you can’t argue he took an absolute shambles and dragged it into a solid unit. 

Every manager is a gamble and if you give it to some random over robson and he fucks it you look ridiculous. Robson had to be given a go at building his own side but he looks to have fucked it early doors. 

The recruitment may well be ok but he looks tactically clueless now that we’ve moved away from just shutting down the opposition and letting clarkson, duk and miovski go and attack. 

Naismith was given the job full time for much less imo. 

On 03/09/2023 at 18:13, Dons_1988 said:

‘Some random’ was facetious yet said from a fans perspective, not the clubs. not everything is literal. 

But every single manager is a gamble and if you oust a guy who’s churning results and clean sheets week after week from a team that was a laughing stock to appoint someone relatively obscure and who’s chances of success probably aren’t that much higher than robsons, you look silly. 

It was however always a risk that robson would be a Diddy at doing the real job. 

Naismith was lined up for the job years ago, except nobody expected RN to spectactularly F up an 11 point lead

I don't get people thinking Naismith was calling the shots in some sort of sneaky way since the start of the season when there's many signs that he wasn't

Agree that Robson, Naismith too, did well and it was hard to justify booting either of them in favour of some unknown a$$hole to rip it up and start again (again) so they were both permitted to continue

It can't be argued much, because, as you stated, if new guy comes in and arses it, it looks well worse

On 05/09/2023 at 12:46, Girth said:

Odd that this never made Kickback at all

On 06/09/2023 at 18:29, DC92 said:

I think they're taking the piss out of the tweet posted on the previous page.

I reckon those speculating about McAvoy having a bigger say before now are probably the same people who backed Naismith for the job and now won't entertain the idea that the initial upturn in performances was just a new manager bounce.

If there's a sudden improvement from here it'll be because we got knocked out of Europe and Naismith stopped doing daft things; not because we changed who's doing the press conferences. I won't hold my breath on that.

I honestly can't see how you think Naismith had anywhere near full control of managing our team

On 07/09/2023 at 08:47, Squonk said:

The hobos creaming their pants at Hearts current form, despite that woeful form still seeing them above Hibs in the league. GIF laughing, funny, muttley, best animated GIFs lol, divertidos, chistosos, snicker, free download very funny, snigger, chortle

Muttley, the most hilarious cartoon ever; followed closely by Daffy Duck

In puppet form, it's got to be Zippy

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

1 hour ago, Craigie Jambo said:

I honestly can't see how you think Naismith had anywhere near full control of managing our team

Because the reason he wasn't officially manager until now is an administrative fudge and nothing else. There was no imperative on us to change how things worked behind the scenes from the end of last season. Even Naismith was emphasising that the way the coaching team worked hadn't changed.

What tactical differences did you spot in the transitions from Naismith to McAvoy and back to Naismith, incidentally?

1 hour ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Naismith was lined up for the job years ago, except nobody expected RN to spectactularly F up an 11 point lead

I don't get people thinking Naismith was calling the shots in some sort of sneaky way since the start of the season when there's many signs that he wasn't

Agree that Robson, Naismith too, did well and it was hard to justify booting either of them in favour of some unknown a$$hole to rip it up and start again (again) so they were both permitted to continue

It can't be argued much, because, as you stated, if new guy comes in and arses it, it looks well worse

Odd that this never made Kickback at all

Muttley, the most hilarious cartoon ever; followed closely by Daffy Duck

In puppet form, it's got to be Zippy

-

On what planet is Daffy Duck funnier than Wile E Coyote?

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Because the reason he wasn't officially manager until now is an administrative fudge and nothing else. There was no imperative on us to change how things worked behind the scenes from the end of last season. Even Naismith was emphasising that the way the coaching team worked hadn't changed.

What tactical differences did you spot in the transitions from Naismith to McAvoy and back to Naismith, incidentally?

This, but I'll also add Naismith last week directly said "nothing has changed". 

He was 100% in charge, I thibjnits obvious , we were just shite. Whether it was down to injuries, fixture congestion etc or him we'll find out. 

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I think it's about time this Naismith experiment is binned, like it should've been when it was first suggested.

Didn't even bother watching or listening to this one. Just updated by the group chat. Telling thing is absolutely nobody is surprised.

He's got to go.

The only two teams we've beaten this season are shite teams also coached by novice coaches. This is negligence from the board.

14 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Didn't even bother watching or listening to this one. Just updated by the group chat. Telling thing is absolutely nobody is surprised.

He's got to go.

The only two teams we've beaten this season are shite teams also coached by novice coaches. This is negligence from the board.

St Mirren to win is probably the safest bet anyone could've made today

He'll get the 3 games pre-international break at an absolute minimum. Annoyingly, that includes a derby.

Embarrassingly for the board, this run is probably about as bad as the one that got Neilson the sack. He had a fair bit of credit in the bank as well.

When I saw the line ups I thought we would be more aggressive and cut out the pointless passing game. Wee Naisy was up for a battle as a player.

Maybe he has to go but St Mirren are a good side. No shame in losing this one.

Also, Neilson and co are still getting paid. We can't keep on paying out wages to people no longer at the club. 

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

No shame in losing this one.

Jesus Christ.

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Also, Neilson and co are still getting paid. We can't keep on paying out wages to people no longer at the club. 

If that's the problem then we'd be better off bringing Neilson back.

On 18/09/2023 at 16:35, Dee Man said:

On what planet is Daffy Duck funnier than Wile E Coyote?

Daffy Duck hilariously rips the piss; Wiley is a constant self-saboteur, logically that's just sad, not funny; of course I suppose if you exercise schadenfreude on his ass, granted, that's hilarious