OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts fans unable to laugh at their own club. What a surprise.

Given the rock and roll rollercoaster that the last few decades of following Hearts have been our collective threshold for finding things strange or amusingly wierd is naturally a little higher than at other clubs who have become used to a quieter life.

To the outsider the Naismith/MacAvoy arrangement bay look bizarre but we've seen far stranger than this

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given the rock and roll rollercoaster that the last few decades of following Hearts have been our collective threshold for finding things strange or amusingly wierd is naturally a little higher than at other clubs who have become used to a quieter life.

To the outsider the Naismith/MacAvoy arrangement bay look bizarre but we've seen far stranger than this

It's not the arrangement that I was getting at, needs must so no problem with that now I've got my head round it, it was simply that car crash of an interview. 

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's not the arrangement that I was getting at, needs must so no problem with that now I've got my head round it, it was simply that car crash of an interview. 

Can you elaborate, because a lot of people seem to see what they want to see in that video

Bear in mind that the annoying interviewer is a confirmed hibs tw@t

Even one Hearts fan expressed negative views on it, but he wanted that spanish guy as coach, because he 'sounded foreign' and is therefore automatically cool, despite the fact he's been hooring himself to lots of clubs in Europe, gagging to get away from hammarby, where he's now near the foot of the table

7 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Can you elaborate, because a lot of people seem to see what they want to see in that video

Even one Hearts fan expressed negative views on it, but he wanted that spanish guy as coach, because he 'sounded foreign' and is therefore automatically cool, despite the fact he's been hooring himself to lots of clubs in Europe, gagging to get away from hammarby, where he's now near the foot of the table

Naismith was embarrassed and trying to say that nothing had changed from last season, in fact he said that a few times. MacAvoy was saying that he is in charge and the final say is with him, and Naismith chips in again saying nothing had changed from last season. "Very rarely has there been a stand off", whoops what did I just say there, "there's never been a stand off". It's a car crash.

18 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

There's surely not a Jambo in the land who can watch that and genuinely not think it's a car crash of an interview.

Regardless if the interviewer is a Hibs fan or not, Sky have been doing these pre-season interviews with every team and theyw ere surely prepped on how to answer these types of questions before being thrown in front of the camera.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Naismith was embarrassed and trying to say that nothing had changed from last season, in fact he said that a few times. MacAvoy was saying that he is in charge and the final say is with him, and Naismith chips in again saying nothing had changed from last season. "Very rarely has there been a stand off", whoops what did I just say there, "there's never been a stand off". It's a car crash.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

There's surely not a Jambo in the land who can watch that and genuinely not think it's a car crash of an interview.

Regardless if the interviewer is a Hibs fan or not, Sky have been doing these pre-season interviews with every team and theyw ere surely prepped on how to answer these types of questions before being thrown in front of the camera.

Exactly.

Don't agree much with that, don't care much, either

There wasn't anything worthy of a scoop, so nothing to see

This is quite a benign story made worse by naismiths clear discomfort in front of the camera. He’s had a few quite strange interviews since becoming caretaker. 

Not that it necessarily dictates his ability to do the job but it is part of the job nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is quite a benign story made worse by naismiths clear discomfort in front of the camera. He’s had a few quite strange interviews since becoming caretaker. 

Not that it necessarily dictates his ability to do the job but it is part of the job nonetheless. 

Frankie's not good in front of the camera, I'd be concerned about that and maybe that was making SN uneasy, fair play there

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Sorry to interrupt.

Looks like we're close to another signing.

Same journo had him linked to Club Brugge in May.

Screenshot_20230727-104854.png

Screenshot_20230727-104932.png

We should probably keep that quiet.

image.thumb.png.de6801a7727e034cbfc13635a89d63a0.png

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I would actually agree that some of Naismith's interviews haven't been great.

We'll be out of Europe in a few weeks, and McAvoy can step into the tea-making shadows. 

Naismith hasn't been helped by being put in the position where he's having to lie when he clearly doesn't want to.

The only other time there was a bit awkwardness was when he was asked about Snodgrass and I think he was trying his best not to chuck him under the bus.

The vast majority of his interviews have been absolutely fine, but they do tend to be in house ones so maybe he feels more relaxed.