OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Naismith saying we should have a new midfielder in in the next couple of days. Assume it's Boateng. A welcome addition given we don't have Beni or Nieuwenhof available.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Naismith saying we should have a new midfielder in in the next couple of days. Assume it's Boateng. A welcome addition given we don't have Beni or Nieuwenhof available.

Any idea when Beni and the Hoff are back? 

21 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

Any idea when Beni and the Hoff are back? 

Hof is a couple of weeks apparently.  Had a scan and it wasn't as bad as they were worried about.  No sure about Beni, Naismith said it's not serious but no time frame. So knowing Hearts we'll see him about February. 

So many EXCLUSIVES all in one week about how Rangers are possibly thinking about whether they might bid for Shankland, maybe. How does Keith keep getting these incredible scoops?

I can't recall anything quite like this Shankland to Rangers media obsession over the last couple of years. It genuinely feels like there is a different 'RANGERS CONSIDERING SHANKLAND SWOOP' or 'IBROX HERO ISSUES GLOWING SHANKLAND ENDORSEMENT' "exclusive" every single week, mostly from the Record, even when the transfer window has been slammed shut. Absolutely incredible stuff. 

It's a very strange one.

I don't doubt that he'd like to go and play for Rangers, and I have no real issue with that. If I was banging in goals like f**k for St Johnstone and Hearts were after me, I'd be keen as f**k to go.

But it seems very unlikely to me that Rangers have the kind of money that would make Hearts consider selling him. One thing I've noted whenever I speak to OF fans about this is that a lot of them don't grasp how valuable European football is to Hearts. Keeping Shankland and letting him leave for f**k all may well be a much better bet than selling him.

I'm sceptical that any club would be prepared to offer an amount of money that would make it worth our while selling. He's 29 (next week) and he's got one year on his deal. We're not getting £4m for him. If we sell him in this window, I reckon we'd be very likely to have accepted less than he's worth to us. What he's worth to anyone else isn't our fucking problem.

28 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I can't recall anything quite like this Shankland to Rangers media obsession over the last couple of years. It genuinely feels like there is a different 'RANGERS CONSIDERING SHANKLAND SWOOP' or 'IBROX HERO ISSUES GLOWING SHANKLAND ENDORSEMENT' "exclusive" every single week, mostly from the Record, even when the transfer window has been slammed shut. Absolutely incredible stuff. 

Meh.

Jackson has an easy story to get a lot of clicks from moron Rangers fans desperate for the taste of superiority they get from "taking" the best player of another Scottish club.

He'll milk it as long as he can.

Keith Jackson has serious "lack of intelligence" issues. Ex-Rangers News/ Rangers Youth failed footballer his main job is to hide the truth over the steel/Ibrox problems and make simpletons feel "good" about their football team. He just basically dribbles at the  mouth 😄

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

If the Scottish Cup winner also finishes top 3, yes.

Yeah as you were alluding to earlier I think the additional conference league now totally changes the value of the top players at the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen if there not being Cormacked.  Especially for a striker where their potential contribution to getting one season of that money most likely outweighs probably any fee they may get for him. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah as you were alluding to earlier I think the additional conference league now totally changes the value of the top players at the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen if there not being Cormacked.  Especially for a striker where their potential contribution to getting one season of that money most likely outweighs probably any fee they may get for him. 

Finishing third this year would (likely) be huge. Group stage money for three seasons out of four, and then able to push on and invest the money from a position of real strength relative to our rivals.

Selling Shankland for £1.5m or something would be insane, imo.

11 hours ago, DC92 said:

So many EXCLUSIVES all in one week about how Rangers are possibly thinking about whether they might bid for Shankland, maybe. How does Keith keep getting these incredible scoops?

Pretty standard from Jackson. Weegie football reporter who seems to think the world begins and ends at Ibrox and Parkhead and that a Scottish player whose profile is raised will always either be "Rangers daft" or "Celtic mad". Jackson has form doing this. He did the same sort of campaign trying to get Scott Brown to Rangers (oops he went to Celtic for a much bigger fee) and then got his fingers burned when Hibs sold Stephen Fletcher to Burnley rather than Celtic like he told all the Record readers. But we've all seen this movie before.

I've no doubt Shankland will move on and Hearts will want to get something back financially but I hope he goes to an ambitious English club rather than either of the uglies. 

19 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hof is a couple of weeks apparently.  Had a scan and it wasn't as bad as they were worried about.  No sure about Beni, Naismith said it's not serious but no time frame. So knowing Hearts we'll see him about February. 

It's a shame he's made of glass,  mind you if he wasn't, he wouldn't be with us I guess. 

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

This is the point that Hearts fans are trying to make to Rangers fans everywhere, but they don't seem to be getting it, they either pay us £5m now for him and we wish him all the best, or we keep him, benefit from his goals to fire us to hopefully 3rd in the league and another tilt at group stage football which nets us around £5m anyway, all they see is we'll lose him for nothing anyway because they're not the brightest 🤦‍♂️