OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

If hearts have done Naismith contract properly he should be easy to get rid off.   Listen to a lawyer last week on managers contracts.   But knowing hearts it would be gardening leave for 2 years full pay.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

He's continually improved Killie, and he's done a great job.

But we've skooshed third in two lof the last three season. One of those coaches got the bullet when we were still in with a chance of another third place, and the other one could be gone in a few weeks. In both cases the pressure has come in large part over style of play.

McInnes would be up against it from the start.

He's done a good job for sure.   But he's in the midst of exactly the type of run Naismith is atm,  so would be under exactly the same type of pressure if he did that at Hearts.   

As a neutral .... former player does well in initial spell ... Robson, Hammell, etc. Gets the reigns because of negative perception of getting rid of a guy with a win percentage of circa 70%, plus what if the guy the board selects is worse ....

Success last season happened after another slow start and not enough depth to compete in two onerous competitions simultaneously. Felt that lesson was learned over the summer where you hoovered up the best of the diddies to be backups for midweek where you could make decent money for a win or draw and starters for league games. The general standard of the league has dropped since Covid so it takes less to attain 4th and above than I'd say it did 10 years ago.

I don't know how much of your defensive chop an changing is injury enforced or down to tinkering (the downfall of many a young manager). It does seem to be a factor. Our own forward line has yet to get on song but we put three past you. That has to be worrying.

No win next weekend and it makes the International break a very long one. Off to Parkhead however, the random fixture dealt by the devil. Your heirachy have to ask themselves this week, a loss is inevitable but what's the fulcrum between acceptable based on this season so far and flogging a dead horse. I think he's toast.

Thing is with your money and UEFA groups (albeit conference league) you should be able to attract some decent suitors with some pedigree,

14 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

He's done a good job for sure.   But he's in the midst of exactly the type of run Naismith is atm,  so would be under exactly the same type of pressure if he did that at Hearts.   

Neilson's time shows us the same. McInnes could have us sitting within a few points of third in the league and be BOOOOO-ed off.

He's a bad fit and it would just be storing up pretty inevitable problems.

Naismith has to go, time and time again we pick the cheap option, the man down the corridor, the next in line to be promoted from within, we'll probably want to appoint Liam Fox next as he's next in line, but there would be mutiny! 

We've spent good money on decent players for the league, but yet we continue with a manager from Poundland who has quite clearly lost the plot, and it cuts me deep to admit this as I was right behind Naisy from the start as I thought he was a winner, but there's no excuses for the start to this season, it's been worse than anything Neilson served up after he promised us attacking football. 

The McInnes bashing is a bit unfair also, he's doing a decent job on a shoestring budget, and he's also had a MUCH tougher start to the season than we have (Celtic and Aberdeen away, and down to ten men early doors against St Johnstone), and trying to juggle more European games than we have this season at this stage, I'm not saying I want him as our next manager, but it wouldn't be doom and gloom if he ended up here. 

Personally, I think we should be trying to match what Aberdeen done and bring in an up and coming foreign coach to give the whole place a lift, we need a freshness and a new set of ideas around the place, and to get away from being set in bloody stone and seriously predictable! 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

No. I'm from Aberdeen but have lived in Edinburgh a long time. 

Hibs fans are much more rooted in reality than Hearts. Just a fact. You may not like it but its the way it is.

Hearts were going to split the old firm based on a 0-0 with Sevco on the opening day according to a large majority of Jambos. Fantasists. Hibs fans , learn from them.

'a large majority of Jambos'.

Aye, looks like we've found one fantasist to start with.

26 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

Naismith has to go, time and time again we pick the cheap option, the man down the corridor, the next in line to be promoted from within, we'll probably want to appoint Liam Fox next as he's next in line, but there would be mutiny! 

We've spent good money on decent players for the league, but yet we continue with a manager from Poundland who has quite clearly lost the plot, and it cuts me deep to admit this as I was right behind Naisy from the start as I thought he was a winner, but there's no excuses for the start to this season, it's been worse than anything Neilson served up after he promised us attacking football. 

The McInnes bashing is a bit unfair also, he's doing a decent job on a shoestring budget, and he's also had a MUCH tougher start to the season than we have (Celtic and Aberdeen away, and down to ten men early doors against St Johnstone), and trying to juggle more European games than we have this season at this stage, I'm not saying I want him as our next manager, but it wouldn't be doom and gloom if he ended up here. 

Personally, I think we should be trying to match what Aberdeen done and bring in an up and coming foreign coach to give the whole place a lift, we need a freshness and a new set of ideas around the place, and to get away from being set in bloody stone and seriously predictable! 

I don't see any McInnes bashing.  I just don't want him as a manager. 

I'm also no sure his budget is that shoestring, Killie seem to have assembled a pretty big squad.  It'll be less than our for sure but they certainly seem to have invested a decent amount

18 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't see any McInnes bashing.  I just don't want him as a manager. 

I'm also no sure his budget is that shoestring, Killie seem to have assembled a pretty big squad.  It'll be less than our for sure but they certainly seem to have invested a decent amount

He chuecked a big wage at a striker in the January window who then hardly kicked a ball for them.

Gets glossed over because he had a good season, but he's been backed financially and there have been errors.

He's definitely good, but it would be a doomed union.

The issue for McInnes is we've spent the best part of a decade moaning about the style not being good to watch. Which is fine when winning and always ends up with fans losing patience far earlier than they should when it stops working.

McInnes coming in would end one way.

2 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Ross wouldn’t be interested as we currently have a male head physio ! 

He's also employed at Newcastle United as Head of Academy Coaching which probably means he's on more dough than every manager in our league except for Clement and Rogers.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

He chuecked a big wage at a striker in the January window who then hardly kicked a ball for them.

Gets glossed over because he had a good season, but he's been backed financially and there have been errors.

He's definitely good, but it would be a doomed union.

Yep.  He'd also have a significant number of fans opposed to his appointment from day 1.  And I don't mean the pragmatic types who would be wary but willing to give him a chance

When it became clear he would, rightly,  see third as a job well done we're back in the get him sacked camp at the first poor run

Have to say I was expecting an announcement today - maybe negotiating - or maybe even thinking about keeping him on. :unsure: 

Wanted it to work, obviously, but I just don't see him turning this around.

Naismith may well have had potential to be a decent coach/manager, but he may never get another shot - things had got so bad, that that's on him.

I would go as far as to say that Naismith has made a bit of a c**t of himself, and that's my f**king job.

Minge

Edited by paranoid android

Genuine question, would the Hearts board be likely to sack Naismith? I’m not comparing their managerial records at all, but I did wonder because of how loyal Budge seemed to Neilson. (Very happy to be corrected with this if I’m havering - as I say, genuine question from someone who clearly doesn’t know as much about this as Hearts fans.)