OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

56 minutes ago, Bakero said:

Genuine question, would the Hearts board be likely to sack Naismith? I’m not comparing their managerial records at all, but I did wonder because of how loyal Budge seemed to Neilson. (Very happy to be corrected with this if I’m havering - as I say, genuine question from someone who clearly doesn’t know as much about this as Hearts fans.)

They seem to be more inclined to give managers too much time than to not give them enough 

but even if they’re more patient than most that patience won’t be infinite 

10 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Think you missed my point 

He was allegedly kicked out of Tynecastle for trying to pump the female physio ! 

And topcat seems to be suggesting that you never know if he'd fancy a go with a bloke too 🤣

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

As expected, Naismith's job is not under threat according to Barry Anderson.

And why should it be, four games into the league? As Vincent has said your early league results are on a par with the equivalent ones last season. If he loses to Celtic, St Mirren and Ross County then maybe panic. Put a fair wedge on Hearts winning at Celtic Park as they did last season. 

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

And why should it be, four games into the league? As Vincent has said your early league results are on a par with the equivalent ones last season. If he loses to Celtic, St Mirren and Ross County then maybe panic. Put a fair wedge on hearts winning at Celtic as they did last year.

You boys are playing well! I think you could win the league this year!

am I doing this right?

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

And why should it be, four games into the league? As Vincent has said your early league results are on a par with the equivalent ones last season. If he loses to Celtic, St Mirren and Ross County then maybe panic. Put a fair wedge on Hearts winning at Celtic Park as they did last season. 

There really should be an intermediate step between keep calm and panic

43 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

You boys are playing well! I think you could win the league this year!

am I doing this right?

You did beat them 2-0 in the same fixture last year, is all I'm saying. But read into it whatever makes you happy.

Can't say I'm surprised the board are not considering sacking him.   

If you're dispassionate about it then all it is is a very poor start, with lots of time to rectify it.  And we have a board who've generally given folk a chance to do that to some extent.

It doesn't look great for him in terms of his chances of turning it round atm but then it's hardly mission impossible. 

Massive couple of weeks in getting ready for the next games and fingers crossed he gets a big reaction otherwise he will be lucky to make it to October

My personal feeling on this is that it's a great time to get someone new in with a Euro adventure coming up and using that as bait, the board might not want to get a new manager on board with his first game a trip away to Celtic though, and it seems like the writing will be on the wall when we lose to Celtic, and then confidence will be crushed for our visit to Paisley. 

If we lose them both, and Aberdeen win both of their games against Motherwell and Dundee, all of a sudden there's a 17 point chasm, and that's never getting turned around and it'll already be too late. There's a prize of £5-7M up for grabs for finishing 3rd at the end of this season (providing a team outside the top 4 don't win the big cup), but it's the last season this prize is on offer as it's qualifiers for the foreseeable from now on, you'd like to think the board would do the arithmetic on this one and realise this. Oh, and Killie will undoubtedly start to pick up points as well, meaning that by the time the St Mirren game has ended, we're by far the bookies favourite to be bottom of the league. 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That was indeed the joke.

I'm glad someone is paying attention

I think mot of us were paying attention. Apart from one...

1 hour ago, Galajambo said:

My personal feeling on this is that it's a great time to get someone new in with a Euro adventure coming up and using that as bait, the board might not want to get a new manager on board with his first game a trip away to Celtic though, and it seems like the writing will be on the wall when we lose to Celtic, and then confidence will be crushed for our visit to Paisley. 

If we lose them both, and Aberdeen win both of their games against Motherwell and Dundee, all of a sudden there's a 17 point chasm, and that's never getting turned around and it'll already be too late. There's a prize of £5-7M up for grabs for finishing 3rd at the end of this season (providing a team outside the top 4 don't win the big cup), but it's the last season this prize is on offer as it's qualifiers for the foreseeable from now on, you'd like to think the board would do the arithmetic on this one and realise this. Oh, and Killie will undoubtedly start to pick up points as well, meaning that by the time the St Mirren game has ended, we're by far the bookies favourite to be bottom of the league. 

The St Mirren game was brought forward from December and is being played on League Cup weekend. We're at home to Ross County when Aberdeen are at Dundee.

But yeah, there is very likely to be a 14 point gap following the international break. Given the fixtures played up to that point for each team I'd say 6-8 points behind would have been par, so we'd still have a lot of ground to make up, but not maybe quite as much as it looks. 

Our fixture list becomes far kinder from December onwards. If we're within 10 points at that stage then we've got a reasonable chance. Keep this form up for much longer and that definitely won't happen.

1 hour ago, Galajambo said:

Aberdeen play Hearts at Pittodrie in early October so given your record in sheepland,  the gap after that could be 20 and that is definitely not recoverable.  There's little doubt that Aberdeen will get overhauled by Rangers but 3rd place is starting to look like a long shot and you boys look as useless as us for spilling points stupidly. 

12 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Aberdeen play Hearts at Pittodrie in early October so given your record in sheepland,  the gap after that could be 20 and that is definitely not recoverable.  There's little doubt that Aberdeen will get overhauled by Rangers but 3rd place is starting to look like a long shot and you boys look as useless as us for spilling points stupidly. 

If we have 1 point after 8 games having lost 9 in a row including home games against Dundee United and Ross County, we'll have much bigger problems than how far ahead Aberdeen are.

Edited by DC92