OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

Aberdeen play Hearts at Pittodrie in early October so given your record in sheepland,  the gap after that could be 20 and that is definitely not recoverable.  There's little doubt that Aberdeen will get overhauled by Rangers but 3rd place is starting to look like a long shot and you boys look as useless as us for spilling points stupidly. 

We're getting relegated together again Andy 🤣

23 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

We're getting relegated together again Andy 🤣

**Checks road map for Greenock **

** whispers quietly ** Airdrie.......

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off 

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

😂 ffs we’re flattered lads but we’ve played 4 games, calm down. 

Some people (many of them Hearts supporters) are losing the run of themselves with Aberdeen.

Winning is better than losing, and you can't criticise Aberdeen for putting the points on the board.

But, f**k me, the cards have been falling for them lately in every single way. They remind me a wee bit of Hearts at the start of 2015/16. Winning games, but it's not convincing.

I saw their game on Saturday night. First I've seen them this season. There is absolutely nothing for Hearts to be intimidated by there.

That said, any third place finish for us this season is going to involve a real charge in the second half of the season.

But, first thing's first, we need to beat some c**t.

Edited by VincentGuerin

17 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Some people (many of them Hearts supporters) are losing the run of themselves with Aberdeen.

Winning is better than losing, and you can't criticise Aberdeen for putting the points on the board.

But, f**k me, the cards have been falling for them lately in every single way. They remind me a wee bit of Hearts at the start of 2015/16. Winning games, but it's not convincing.

I saw their game on Saturday night. First I've seen them this season. There is absolutely nothing for Hearts to be intimidated by there.

That said, any third place finish for us this season is going to involve a real charge in the second half of the season.

We’ve improved but we have plenty of issues that will show their face soon enough. Let’s see how we do after a couple of smacks in the mouth. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Is anyone actually bigging them up? The reaction was similar a few weeks ago when I pointed out that the fixtures meant they could easily be 10+ points ahead by October and here we are. 10 points behind would probably be a decent result at this point.

The chat about 17 or 20 points is a bit of a stretch, but it's true that the gap is likely to widen before it narrows.

I watched both teams at the weekend. The difference in performances was minimal. The difference in results was typical of a team on a winning run vs. a team on a losing run. One kept plugging away when faced with a stubborn defence and the other lacked belief and ran out of ideas.

That won't last the whole season and Aberdeen might not even end up being the team to beat for third, but we could do without the gap getting daft. I also have severe doubts about our ability to repeat last season's run given the failure to add any firepower in the summer.

7 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Is anyone actually bigging them up? The reaction was similar a few weeks ago when I pointed out that the fixtures meant they could easily be 10+ points ahead by October and here we are. 10 points behind would probably be a decent result at this point.

The chat about 17 or 20 points is a bit of a stretch, but it's true that the gap is likely to widen before it narrows.

I watched both teams at the weekend. The difference in performances was minimal. The difference in results was typical of a team on a winning run vs. a team on a losing run. One kept plugging away when faced with a stubborn defence and the other lacked belief and ran out of ideas.

That won't last the whole season and Aberdeen might not even end up being the team to beat for third, but we could do without the gap getting daft. I also have severe doubts about our ability to repeat last season's run given the failure to add any firepower in the summer.

The gap will widen before it gets smaller, but we need to keep focused on the big picture. I'd be shocked if it's not 14 points after our next game.

17 points after Pittodrie is not a mad idea. It's fairly realistic if we lose at St Mirren. But there is time to reel that back in.

We've got a run of home games in the autumn, and that will be crucial to our season. Looking at the likely lay of the land at that stage, we'll need to win pretty much all of them.

Long, long season ahead.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Class 🤣

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm amazed that Hearts supporters on here are getting so worked up about Aberdeen. There are only four games played in the league and we've played two of the bottom teams from last season and two clubs at home just after European games. Settle down guys.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The gap will widen before it gets smaller, but we need to keep focused on the big picture. I'd be shocked if it's not 14 points after our next game.

17 points after Pittodrie is not a mad idea. It's fairly realistic if we lose at St Mirren. But there is time to reel that back in.

We've got a run of home games in the autumn, and that will be crucial to our season. Looking at the likely lay of the land at that stage, we'll need to win pretty much all of them.

Long, long season ahead.

I said near enough the same thing on the previous page.

I don't think anyone is getting worked up about Aberdeen. They're just concerned at how much of an uphill struggle we could make this if we don't get our act together soon.

One thing I like about our fixture list is there are a lot of big games after Europe. Aberdeen twice, Hibs once, Rangers once. Those games should take care of themselves and we should be fresher and more focused for the more run-of-the-mill games.

Edited by DC92

Celtic details out.

£37 🤣

Agreement quickly reached on a day out in Glasgow, but absolutely no chance of any of us going to the game. Not even going through the pretence of buying tickets for this one.

Restricted view £34, but they make us sell the £37 ones first.

Celtic details out.

£37 🤣

Agreement quickly reached on a day out in Glasgow, but absolutely no chance of any of us going to the game. Not even going through the pretence of buying tickets for this one.

They should get dynamic pricing on the restricted view ones

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Ken what I'd quite like?

Some decent players.

And a decent manager.

And a personality. 

Who told you that you don’t have a personality? That’s very harsh.

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Celtic details out.

£37 🤣

They're the first ones to moan about ticket prices too. Scandalous.

9 hours ago, Darren said:

They're the first ones to moan about ticket prices too. Scandalous.

It is ridiculous.

As the football is a day out, me and my mates aren't generally too price sensitive with tickets. What's an extra 3 or 4 quid compared to a day of pints, trains, food etc?

But this has pushed it a bit far simply because we know we'll have a good day out in the boozer, and they're asking us to pay more than we'd spend in that time at the pub to go and watch a foregone conclusion which will likely be over as a contest by half-time.

A coupon each and watching the goals come in seems far better value.

Good luck to anyone who pays it, but it seems ludicrous to me.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It is ridiculous.

As the football is a day out, me and my mates aren't generally too price sensitive with tickets. What's an extra 3 or 4 quid compared to a day of pints, trains, food etc?

But this has pushed it a bit far simply because we know we'll have a good day out in the boozer, and they're asking us to pay more than we'd spend in that time at the pub to go and watch a foregone conclusion which will likely be over as a contest by half-time.

A coupon each and watching the goals come in seems far better value.

Good luck to anyone who pays it, but it seems ludicrous to me.

You can get good grand circle tickets for Scottish Opera's production of Don Pasquale by Donizetti at the Festival theatre for that money

And unlike at Parkhead the chip shop next door does salt and sauce