OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

So what is the £10m that Anderson is on about in the article?

Has he just plucked that figure out of his arse?

Hertz have told him to release the article but remember, and you must :

a) tell the readers/support it's nothing like the Hibernian partnership.

b) mention investment to the supporters of the big team and the investment figure must be more than the investment Hibernian got. 

That way it's a much better story and they can all feel big and massive and pat themselves on the back. 

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

So what is the £10m that Anderson is on about in the article?

Has he just plucked that figure out of his arse?

£10M is just the figure being banded about by the press, I'd imagine it will be a tad different if this comes to fruition. 

12 hours ago, DC92 said:

And that is a completely reasonable position to take.

My principles are far weaker. I completely oppose becoming a feeder club, but the USG model does not constitute that as far as I can tell. If this is a similar arrangement, limited to sharing scouting data, then I'm open-minded, but we need to find out more.

And that's the crux of it, we wouldn't be a feeder club or involved in a pyramid system like Hibs, it's pretty much like a "try before you buy" type of deal, or in our case "try before we sell a small stake of shares". 

I've followed the USG story quite closely, it's an incredible story what Bloom has done for them, I must admit to being quite envious of it being them and always wished it was us, but felt Belgian clubs have a lot more scope than Scottish clubs so understood why, I never dreamt for a minute that we'd have an offer to do similar and to work with Bloom and I have to say I'm quite excited at the thought of it. 

Starlizard is an incredible algorithm used in betting to find winners, but Bloom cleverly realised it could use the data to find decent players who haven't been discovered yet also, and make a lot of money from them, Brighton are only going to get better and better with him at the helm, and even if we're a stepping stone for Bloom to get to where he eventually sees himself, I see this as a low risk investment that we'd be utterly stupid not to give a chance to, and if in 2 years we feel that it hasn't worked out, then we both part our own ways and there's no harm done, and if the figure invested is £10M as reported, then what's to lose? It's a lot of money to us, but it's small change down the back of the sofa for Bloom to try and enhance his companies reputation, and the good news is that FoH can't block it. 

3 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

£10M is just the figure being banded about by the press, I'd imagine it will be a tad different if this comes to fruition. 

And that's the crux of it, we wouldn't be a feeder club or involved in a pyramid system like Hibs, it's pretty much like a "try before you buy" type of deal, or in our case "try before we sell a small stake of shares". 

I've followed the USG story quite closely, it's an incredible story what Bloom has done for them, I must admit to being quite envious of it being them and always wished it was us, but felt Belgian clubs have a lot more scope than Scottish clubs so understood why, I never dreamt for a minute that we'd have an offer to do similar and to work with Bloom and I have to say I'm quite excited at the thought of it. 

Starlizard is an incredible algorithm used in betting to find winners, but Bloom cleverly realised it could use the data to find decent players who haven't been discovered yet also, and make a lot of money from them, Brighton are only going to get better and better with him at the helm, and even if we're a stepping stone for Bloom to get to where he eventually sees himself, I see this as a low risk investment that we'd be utterly stupid not to give a chance to, and if in 2 years we feel that it hasn't worked out, then we both part our own ways and there's no harm done, and if the figure invested is £10M as reported, then what's to lose? It's a lot of money to us, but it's small change down the back of the sofa for Bloom to try and enhance his companies reputation, and the good news is that FoH can't block it. 

Does getting onvolved with Hearts after the success he's already enjoyed really significantly enhance his reputation?

I don't really buy that part, to be honest. Seems like trying to cram in a justification.

14 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Does getting onvolved with Hearts after the success he's already enjoyed really significantly enhance his reputation?

I don't really buy that part, to be honest. Seems like trying to cram in a justification.

As far as I can see, he ponies £10M up front (or whatever has been agreed), then he takes a % of player sales that we wouldn't otherwise have gotten had we not employed Starlizard, and his software gets even greater exposure than it has already, I genuinely don't see what we have to lose here, and it would explain why Joe Savage left the club as I believe talks have been ongoing for quite a while, and does anyone really think that Ann Budge (condom wrapped at even the riskiest of times) would even dream of putting our future at risk? 

This is something much bigger and much more clever than anyone at Hearts could ever have imagined, to not explore this would be insane in my book, and I genuinely think his aim is to have a crack at the bigot brothers without spending the money they do, he's done it in Belgium with USG already who are batting with the big boys, and doing very well! 

Or we can just keep blundering along not trying anything new or different like we have been for the last 10 years or so, although I get why people will have their doubts after what happened in the past. 

Just now, Galajambo said:

As far as I can see, he ponies £10M up front (or whatever has been agreed), then he takes a % of player sales that we wouldn't otherwise have gotten had we not employed Starlizard, and his software gets even greater exposure than it has already, I genuinely don't see what we have to lose here, and it would explain why Joe Savage left the club as I believe talks have been ongoing for quite a while, and does anyone really think that Ann Budge (condom wrapped at even the riskiest of times) would even dream of putting our future at risk? 

This is something much bigger and much more clever than anyone at Hearts could ever have imagined, to not explore this would be insane in my book, and I genuinely think his aim is to have a crack at the bigot brothers without spending the money they do, he's done it in Belgium with USG already who are batting with the big boys, and doing very well! 

Or we can just keep blundering along not trying anything new or different like we have been for the last 10 years or so, although I get why people will have their doubts after what happened in the past. 

You're doing a lot of colouring in here. 

I don't really trust anyone,  so I'll wait and see the actual details before getting the bunting/pitchforks ready

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't really trust anyone,  so I'll wait and see the actual details before getting the bunting/pitchforks ready

Advance preparation for either eventuality:

IMG_0069.webp.231fded30739531f8e451d09d6aa4d9d.webp

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't think it takes a lot of colouring in tbh, he's already got little Brighton rolling punches with the big boys, he's already got USG rolling punches with their big boys, if he can do it in a parochial little tin pot league like ours when the whole set up is based on only 2 teams succeeding, then that's another feather in his cap, and he knows he can get us a lot cheaper than someone in another league, he also knows we're right next door to a lucrative market for selling players on, he's no dafty. 

1 minute ago, Galajambo said:

I don't think it takes a lot of colouring in tbh, he's already got little Brighton rolling punches with the big boys, he's already got USG rolling punches with their big boys, if he can do it in a parochial little tin pot league like ours when the whole set up is based on only 2 teams succeeding, then that's another feather in his cap, and he knows he can get us a lot cheaper than someone in another league, he also knows we're right next door to a lucrative market for selling players on, he's no dafty. 

Bloom was majority stakeholder there until UEFA told him he couldn't be.

Does he get that level of influence at Hearts? I certainly f**king hope not.

A lot of people making huge leaps here.

The devil is of course, in the detail.  On the face of it though, I think this might be a worthwhile experiment/deal.  Scottish football is so staid, I don't see the harm in 'looking' at possible innovative ideas.

The FoH will hopefully maintain a controlling stake, and keep the ship steady, whatever the relative success/failure.

It sure makes a change from finger crossing, that the next (*insert team name here) 'sugar daddy', really has the clubs long term interests at heart.

Yours

aDONis

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Missing Brighton & Hearts Albion is unforgivable, imo.

That would suggest you’re a major partner and not merely a cog in a larger entity. 

Plus the seagull is great marketing potential. Up at pittodrie seagulls are an absolute scourge and spend their Saturday afternoons shitting on us. You’d love it. 

56 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

That's not strictly true these days.

All the big teams are finding these players. the difference is, Brighton can take them in and give them first team football.

If Brighton keep improving then this will no longer be the case.

17 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The ideal here is we get access to his appallingly named software on a trial, they forget we're using it and everyone wins

The way I see it, we download it onto two laptops but only tell them about one. When the deal ends, we give back the laptop they know about but keep the other one.

That kind of cunning will have us on another level, imo.

32 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Bloom was majority stakeholder there until UEFA told him he couldn't be.

Does he get that level of influence at Hearts? I certainly f**king hope not.

A lot of people making huge leaps here.

That's not what's being offered at Hearts though, admittedly it does sound too good to be true, but if the details are even remotely correct as to what's been reported so far, then why not? 

If it transpires there's a more cunning underhand plan however, then meh! 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

That would suggest you’re a major partner and not merely a cog in a larger entity. 

Plus the seagull is great marketing potential. Up at pittodrie seagulls are an absolute scourge and spend their Saturday afternoons shitting on us. You’d love it. 

Tynecastle has a lot of seagulls as well 

And our recent form has been such that one of the gulls  was man of the match recently

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Tynecastle has a lot of seagulls as well 

And our recent form has been such that one of the gulls  was man of the match recently

Of course! That's the link, those pesky seagulls have come in useful after all! 

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don;t believe it's capped for home fans. Rangers and Celtic average out at about £40+ a game

The price cap for Champions League away tickets is €60 (about £50).

While I think you're right in saying the cap doesn't apply to home fans, it's clearly motivated Hearts' pricing plan. I don't think it's a coincidence they're £17.