OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, Darren said:

The price cap for Champions League away tickets is €60 (about £50).

While I think you're right in saying the cap doesn't apply to home fans, it's clearly motivated Hearts' pricing plan. I don't think it's a coincidence they're £17.

Aye but the Europa is less and Rangers are above it.

I also think it's aligned but we didn't have to do it. They could easily have marked it higher. Especially as platinum & premium are a fair bit higher, the gold sections in the main stands don't have to be as low as £17 as not comparable areas.

Mainly my point is the club get slaughtered for often pricing things wrong, so think it's fair to say it's a decent pricing.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Aye but the Europa is less and Rangers are above it.

I also think it's aligned but we didn't have to do it. They could easily have marked it higher. Especially as platinum & premium are a fair bit higher, the gold sections in the main stands don't have to be as low as £17 as not comparable areas.

Mainly my point is the club get slaughtered for often pricing things wrong, so think it's fair to say it's a decent pricing.

I don't really understand the price bandings any more and there isn't a map where they say it is on the website. It's decent that they haven't totally taken the piss for a change, agreed.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

I don't really understand the price bandings any more and there isn't a map where they say it is on the website. It's decent that they haven't totally taken the piss for a change, agreed.

I do however think if we'd won 3 or 4 games it wouldn't be £17

41 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Is it true that Hearts haven't won a game in almost 5 months?

Someone told me this, but surely that can't be right.

Correct. We've not won since 11 May. However if you are being kind we didn't lose any of the last 3 last season either and there was no games in 2 of the months.

It's this season that's the issue..

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Correct. We've not won since 11 May. However if you are being kind we didn't lose any of the last 3 last season either and there was no games in 2 of the months.

It's this season that's the issue..

Surprising, ta.

Have to say, if that was the form at Easter Rd, pitchforks would be out !

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Is it true that Hearts haven't won a game in almost 5 months?

Someone told me this, but surely that can't be right.

In the last 16 competitive matches between club and country I've seen 0 wins, 4 draws and 12 defeats. It doesn't get much better if you include friendlies.

Cleverly building up a hefty karmic credit ahead of a deep European run and a cup win imo.

10 hours ago, DC92 said:

In the last 16 competitive matches between club and country I've seen 0 wins, 4 draws and 12 defeats. It doesn't get much better if you include friendlies.

Cleverly building up a hefty karmic credit ahead of a deep European run and a cup win imo.

It's been tough for Scottish Hearts fans

I'm also a big supporter of Australian Olympic break dancing so it's been worse still

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Daily Record want Rangers/Bloom instead of Hearts/Bloom.

If I was a Hearts fan I would be fuming at Jim Duffy trying to divert the investment to Rangers

“I don’t get the Tony Bloom thing at Hearts; they are going to put £10m in and deal with the recruitment.

"Why would you not look at Rangers? They are a huge club and have an unbelievable fan base.

"There recruitment hasn’t been great, so you go in there with your analysis company and say ‘we will look at the players’. You would think that would be something a club like Rangers would have to look at.“

Tony Bloom is not silly. He knows how much of a financial basket case Rangers is. We keep hearing about how Scottish football is not competitive, a 2 horse race etc but when investment looks like coming the way of other clubs, we get arrogant dafties like Duffy cant see past the beloved OF.

1 hour ago, arabdelic said:

If I was a Hearts fan I would be fuming at Jim Duffy trying to divert the investment to Rangers

“I don’t get the Tony Bloom thing at Hearts; they are going to put £10m in and deal with the recruitment.

"Why would you not look at Rangers? They are a huge club and have an unbelievable fan base.

"There recruitment hasn’t been great, so you go in there with your analysis company and say ‘we will look at the players’. You would think that would be something a club like Rangers would have to look at.“

Tony Bloom is not silly. He knows how much of a financial basket case Rangers is. We keep hearing about how Scottish football is not competitive, a 2 horse race etc but when investment looks like coming the way of other clubs, we get arrogant dafties like Duffy cant see past the beloved OF.

Of course he's not.  He approached Hibernian first.  Our owners and board on the other hand.....

On 17/09/2024 at 12:17, VincentGuerin said:

Does getting onvolved with Hearts after the success he's already enjoyed really significantly enhance his reputation?

I don't really buy that part, to be honest. Seems like trying to cram in a justification.

Listening to Scarves Around the Funnel, Mark Donaldson hinted that Bloom/his company would take a cut of transfer fees received.

Going back to your point about work permits, I was interested to see this mentioned in the Hearts Standard in the context of being a growth opportunity for Scottish clubs. If you trust your model to find players and make a profit on them, it makes sense to find a club nearby where you can fish in a bigger pool.

To be honest, especially because of the USG case study, I think there is decent cause to believe this is not about Brighton.

Where I am sceptical is the idea that magic formulas exist in football. There have always been fad "blueprints" that people want to emulate. In a Scottish context, Hibs' youth "conveyor belt" in the 2000s comes to mind as well as Aberdeen's recent record of player sales, but these things never seem to last. Good judgement on the part of those clubs plays a part, but people tend to underplay the influence of luck, randomness and a whole load of other intangible factors.

It would be right to point out this Starlizard thing has a more expansive track record than those examples, but the point stands that just because it's been a success at Brighton and USG up until 2024 doesn't guarantee it will be a success Hearts in 2025.

12 hours ago, DC92 said:

Listening to Scarves Around the Funnel, Mark Donaldson hinted that Bloom/his company would take a cut of transfer fees received.

Going back to your point about work permits, I was interested to see this mentioned in the Hearts Standard in the context of being a growth opportunity for Scottish clubs. If you trust your model to find players and make a profit on them, it makes sense to find a club nearby where you can fish in a bigger pool.

To be honest, especially because of the USG case study, I think there is decent cause to believe this is not about Brighton.

Where I am sceptical is the idea that magic formulas exist in football. There have always been fad "blueprints" that people want to emulate. In a Scottish context, Hibs' youth "conveyor belt" in the 2000s comes to mind as well as Aberdeen's recent record of player sales, but these things never seem to last. Good judgement on the part of those clubs plays a part, but people tend to underplay the influence of luck, randomness and a whole load of other intangible factors.

It would be right to point out this Starlizard thing has a more expansive track record than those examples, but the point stands that just because it's been a success at Brighton and USG up until 2024 doesn't guarantee it will be a success Hearts in 2025.

A cut of profit on transfer fees, if they're being identified by The System and we are clearly benefiting, is far more palatable than any place in a pyramid set up.  I would be fine with that. 

It might well not work - i think the longer term prospects are worse as other teams will follow/replicate any advantage that's clearly able to be transferred to other markets but that's not to say it isn't worth trying and helpful in the short term if nothing else

Not totally sure re what this proposed deal entails, as I'm about to demonstrate, but...

I'm reminded of the Scottish Media Group investment - apart from anything else, it got us the Finish goalie, but I'm sure we had to repay the investment - it didn't take us to the 'next level'.

God knows how much money actually came in from Vlad Romanov - it got us some fantastic players, and some ordinary ones.

I think we've been receiving decent investment thanks to the generosity of JA - a lot of which might have been wasted on players that weren't worth it - I think a lot of Levein sanctioned signings were wasteful.

If we're going to be able to invest in the squad, we can't do it until January.

If the Moneyball model is going to work, Bloom might want to appoint a coach with a record for improving players.

I'm sure I've read that this could end up with Bloom owning the club - how does that square with fan ownership?

Ten mill is a lot of money to us, if not to glasgow rangers - how much difference will ten mill actually make to us?

and finally...

James Duffy is a doddery auld c**t.

Edited by paranoid android

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Not totally sure re what this proposed deal entails, as I'm about to demonstrate, but...

I'm reminded of the Scottish Media Group investment - apart from anything else, it got us the Finish goalie, but I'm sure we had to repay the investment - it didn't take us to the 'next level'.

The SMG deal allowed them the option to convert their investment from a loan into shares after two years

Of course after the increased deal from Sky didn't materialise and the Setanta TV deal collapsed that option didn't look very attractive and they opted to be creditors as opposed to shareholders which tipped Hearts total debt burden from heavy to unsustainable and arguably triggered everything else

The lesson, if there is one, for any Lizard deal is to make sure we're not left holding all the risk

SMG was among my first thoughts with this too. You can take history back as far as you want, and we were never exactly stable financially, but the SMG deal was the real game-changer that ultimately led to us nearly losing the hoose and having nowhere to turn but Vlad.

Difference at the moment is that we don't really need any money. We've got a sold out stadium, we've got FoH money, we've got the hotel, we're bringing in good money from Europe, and we've been fortunate to have Anderson to invest in long-term projects. On the pitch, for all the f**king moaning lately, we've been in Europe three years running for the first time ever and although we haven't won a trophy for a while, we've lost a cup final on penalities and another in extra time (both to the OF) in the last few years and trips to Hampden have been far from rare.

The club is fine.

Of course we should look to improve, but there needs to be an understanding that the club is not the utter shambles that some of our own fans are portraying it as in the light of this potential link-up. We're in about as good a nick as we've ever been in in modern times.

We've been in a really bad way before. More than once. It's been a long road to being on the straight and narrow. I'd be genuinely devastated if we chucked that away by giving a huge say at our club to someone whose main priority is elsewhere. We don't need to go down that road.

Edited by VincentGuerin