How Many Countries Has Pie & Bovril Been To?

Visited 46 countries, none work related (some multiple times) but I am sure a few have done more than me.  Once met someone that had done over 100.

Maybe we can do a alphabetically to see if can do it that way although x will be a bugger.

I know it has already been mentioned but I will go with Armenia...

I'm on 35 countries. Would have been 38 had my trips this year not been cancelled. A lot of them have only been for a few days mind and two of them were one day (one a full 24 hours, the other 2 hours...). Also, 20 of those countries were across three holidays.

Gonna be gutted when I need to use my shiny new, stamp-free passport.

USA, Spain, Italy, Vatican City, (it counts) Cyprus, Portugal, Poland, Croatia, Germany, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Switzerland, France, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Canada.

To he continued....

So I don't think anyone has mentioned: Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Panama, or Sri Lanka - I've been to them. Here's all the countries that haven't yet been mentioned on this thread. I wonder how close P&B can get to crossing off the world.

Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor (Timor-Leste), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela

Edited by Adamski

I have made it as far West as LA and as far East as Beijing.  Admittedly there is quite a gap in between to bridge those two and it just got me thinking that if the time comes to do Japan (was supposed to be this year) maybe I can organise it so it that fills in that gap.

In the process of starting a family so Zika had kept us from South America .

Highlights have been India, Vietnam, Norway, Morocco and Georgia for various reasons.

Underwhelmed by China for some reason, maybe because it was so overcast and raining all the time I was traveling through it.

On 14/08/2020 at 20:37, Adamski said:

So I don't think anyone has mentioned: Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Panama, or Sri Lanka - I've been to them. Here's all the countries that haven't yet been mentioned on this thread. I wonder how close P&B can get to crossing off the world.

Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor (Timor-Leste), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela

I've been to Buenos Aires, Ushuaia and the Iguazzu Falls in Argentina. 

Met a guy in Central America from Miami last year who was on 98. He is planning a, presumably costly, trip purely to visit Moldova as it's the only European country he has not visited. As much as I love going to new countries, if I ever got to that stage, I'd be calling it quits and just revisiting places I liked.

Switzerland

When Scotland played in Lichtenstein a few years ago we based ourselves in Munich.  On the bus trip we passed though Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Lichtenstein in a 50 minute period of the journey.  My sole experience of Switzerland is a pish at a motorway service station but I still claim it as a nation visited. 

I'm obsessed enough to keep score of these things: I'm on 67.

We've travelled a fair bit since my kids were born, and they're both in good shape to overtake me one day. We went to South Africa and Swaziland last May, which made it 21 countries for my daughter (just over 5 at the time), and 15 for my son (just under 3). School and coronavirus have clipped our wings a bit, and they're both too young to remember most of their travels, but I'm hoping that the photos, stories, etc might inspire them to explore and go back to some of the places when they're older.

I'd love to try and get as many countries as I can, have been to a couple of relatively interesting ones. But with my parents in Spain and hers back in the states that's all but one week of annual leave getting used to visit folk at the moment. Plus wanting to spend more time visiting places in Scotland 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Managed to tick off a fair amount of random countries when I did the Scotland trips in my late teens, now most of them are work related but here goes... 

Iceland, Rep. Ireland, N. Ireland, England, Wales, France, Portugal*, Spain (Inc Catalonia, Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, Fuerteventura, Tenerife & Lanzarote), France, Italy*, Switzerland*, Czechia*, Hungary*, Germany, Austria*, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg*, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland (brief stop in Mariehamm but I'm still counting it 😂), Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Greece (Corfu & Crete) , Turkey and United Arab Emirates*. 

All those with an * is countries I've only been for work reasons. 

According to Adamskis Post that would be U.A.E ticked off now but surely plenty of folk have been there? 

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Managed to tick off a fair amount of random countries when I did the Scotland trips in my late teens, now most of them are work related but here goes... 

Finland (brief stop in Mariehamm but I'm still counting it 😂),

Actually we could count Mariehamn not as part of Finland (even though it is) but as the Åland Islands.  They're essentially de-facto independent.

Actually we could count Mariehamn not as part of Finland (even though it is) but as the Åland Islands.  They're essentially de-facto independent.
They're not de-facto independent though, certainly not in the way Abkhazia or Pridnestrovie are. They're very much a part of Finland.