Conspiracy Theories

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I may be getting confused with another poster, but someone called Gordon posted a picture of themselves at a Laurel & Hardy (I think) convention and they looked like the guy above.

Think you're right but he looked nothing like the guy above, more like a slimmed down Oliver Hardy.

So, what do we think is the game here? Mental illness, build-up to scamming money from dafties, plain old shits 'n' giggles, or is she the c**t in every workplace who sits on their arse with a cup of coffee and a copy of Top Sante while everyone else is knocking their pans in?

Also, the most important issue - wid/widnae?

Coronavirus: Health worker investigated by employer after posting conspiracy video

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So, what do we think is the game here? Mental illness, build-up to scamming money from dafties, plain old shits 'n' giggles, or is she the c**t in every workplace who sits on their arse with a cup of coffee and a copy of Top Sante while everyone else is knocking their pans in?

Coronavirus: Health worker investigated by employer after posting conspiracy video

It's a slightly wary wid from me. 

Plenty of sanitizer though.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I may be getting confused with another poster, but someone called Gordon posted a picture of themselves at a Laurel & Hardy (I think) convention and they looked like the guy above.

Yes, that was me. I do bear a passing resemblance to the guy in the photo but I couldn't figure out how you knew!

There is a lassie like that in our neck of the woods that claims the thing is all a conspiracy and it doesn’t exist and our hospital wasn’t shut etc. (It wasn’t, but she was making it seem like there was a no one getting in policy)
She gets on ma fucking wick and anyone like her does. Sitting saying all this is for nothing, no one is doing this for the fun of it. They always seem to think they know best and won’t accept anything to the contrary.

On the note of conspiracies, i used to believe that the royals had a hand in dianas death, but i think that was more to do with my dislike of them and i think i wanted them to have been involved so i could tell people that bang on about them, that they weren’t so great after all.
Like the crash, the in-discrepancies is what people pick up, the white fiat, the claims that the driver was shitfaced. When it was really probably just loss of control, driving at speed to lose the photographers.

Similar story. I worked for years with a guy who defended every conspiracy theory there is (moon landings faked, Diana etc.).

You could never tell if he was just winding some the rather earnest colleagues up though, and I did enjoy the entertainment value because he was a funny fella.

He also argued strongly that the British Secret Services were going to take Salmond down (this was when the SNP first won a majority) in a faulty helicopter accident, or lonely "suicide" like Dr David Kelly/Willie McCrae.

Well, come on, that's some pretty far fetched shit right there. I mean, it is, isn't it? Isn't it............😆

Just reminded of a bonkers theory that at least one person believes. Last year the First Minister was in Alloa for some reason and visited a local cafe that had been started up by Syrian refugees. According to one seething local, THAT WOMAN can't get enough of us to support BREAKING UP OUR UNION, so her plan is to bring in immigrants to replace us; that's why she went to that cafe and not one run by white people.

Presumably that explains the jump in support for independence this year. Not sure on the details of how we're being replaced, but I'm going with secret death camps. Invasion of the Body Snatchers-style is a bit far-fetched. BE A WEAR.

Just reminded of a bonkers theory that at least one person believes. Last year the First Minister was in Alloa for some reason and visited a local cafe that had been started up by Syrian refugees. According to one seething local, THAT WOMAN can't get enough of us to support BREAKING UP OUR UNION, so her plan is to bring in immigrants to replace us; that's why she went to that cafe and not one run by white people.
Presumably that explains the jump in support for independence this year. Not sure on the details of how we're being replaced, but I'm going with secret death camps. Invasion of the Body Snatchers-style is a bit far-fetched. BE A WEAR.

A formerly prominent poster on this very website started a thread suggesting doing exactly that many years ago.

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Before I even got to that second paragraph, I was thinking "this is beginning to sound like Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

Edited by Willow Rosenberg