St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

You'd have to prove that the club broke protocols at the stadium/training ground etc.

If it's been made very clear to the players that they should be isolating outside of work and they don't then what do the club do? Ankle bracelets to track their location?

You'd have to ask Motherwell about that. 

But yes, I concede the point that in this case the club had no direct control. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Sure, but you would have thought that if 8 Don's players were out on the piss Saturday we would already know. There are a fair few sheep fans on here.

I do hope it's just one player that fucked up.

If it's 8 that means they will likely skelp the club which is no use to any of us.

Why are you assuming any player has done anything wrong. Could it not be the case that someone in his bubble has? His mum/dad/brother/shagging partner could all have caught it and passed it to the player.

Shit can happen to any of us.

1 minute ago, shibbydoo said:

Why are you assuming any player has done anything wrong. Could it not be the case that someone in his bubble has? His mum/dad/brother/shagging partner could all have caught it and passed it to the player.

There's an official looking email posted a few pages back that doesn't look too good for the player.

1 minute ago, shibbydoo said:

Why are you assuming any player has done anything wrong. Could it not be the case that someone in his bubble has? H

3 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

is mum/dad/brother/shagging partner could all have caught it and passed it to the player.

I'm not, and I genuinely hope it's all nonsense. We could all do without this right now, tbh.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Footballers have been treated differently ever since they started training, why would they suddenly be unable to now?

They're treated differently due to the amount of testing they do.

I dont think they'll be treated differently while one of them is infected and the rest have been around him, regardless of what a test says.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're treated differently due to the amount of testing they do.

I dont think they'll be treated differently while one of them is infected and the rest have been around him, regardless of what a test says.

That’s exactly why they are, and will continue to be, treated differently. 

2 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

That’s exactly why they are, and will continue to be, treated differently. 

Government guidelines are to self isolate, even if youve "passed" a Covid test, if anyone in your "bubble" has tested positive.

The test is irrelevant.

If Aberdeen can somehow prove the infected player was maintaining social distance on the training pitch this week then fine, if not, I dont see why the game should go ahead. Youre putting every player, coach, and their families, at risk.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Government guidelines are to self isolate, even if youve "passed" a Covid test, if anyone in your "bubble" has tested positive.

The test is irrelevant.

If Aberdeen can somehow prove the infected player was maintaining social distance on the training pitch this week then fine, if not, I dont see why the game should go ahead. Youre putting every player, coach, and their families, at risk.

Aberdeen, same as everyone, have training protocols and dont need to "prove" anything.

In your scenario if a players wife tested for covid - and he trained normally before he found out she was positive - then the game should be called off?

That is just silly.

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aberdeen, same as everyone, have training protocols and dont need to "prove" anything.

In your scenario if a players wife tested for covid - and he trained normally before he found out she was positive - then the game should be called off?

That is just silly.

No.

Government guidelines say you can carry on as normal if you're a "3rd party". 

In your example, the player who's wife test positive would have to self isolate, but the rest of the squad would not.

The difference here is that two Aberdeen players have tested positive, and have had direct contact with the rest of the squad.

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Two players positive now.

Aye, that'll be that, then.

Hopefully the players are named and shamed.

Starting to look like, after watching them on Saturday, that McInnes has sent them out on Saturday night.

Seriously though this will be about more than the Saints game.  If that’s cancelled how many more will need to be?  And if it’s proved to be players out on the piss, the SFA/SPFL will be desperate to keep the Scottish Government off their back so I wouldn’t be surprised if they want to make an example of Aberdeen. All guesswork right now. 

Aberdeen have survived in this league on far flimsier pretexts. It’s time to throw the book at them.

Hiding behind the fact Stranraer don’t have regulation shower heads and therefore can’t take their place in the top flight won’t save them this time.