COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

It's my pleasure, literally.  Who do you boys have this weekend?

For the next few weeks we will mostly be watching Scottish football implode while resting slightly more easier than fans of clubs who don't have 150k a month coming into their coffers even when not playing football.

9 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It wasn't a vote. Hearts didn't support this. Glad to help.

Its genuinely staggering that you've spent about 6 months seething your way through this yet still don't understand how it worked.

All 42 clubs voted on how to end the season. This is the vote you all mewl about.

The Premiership was left open for as long as possible. The other 3 divisions shut down.

The 12 Premiership clubs then all had to vote to stop the Premiership season. This is the vote where Hearts agreed to end the season, and confirm their relegation. Take a wee second and try and understand why Budge decided to keep that quiet while begging for fans to continue piling money into the club. Same reason she claimed "Hearts would only look after themselves from now on!", before, you know, helping out St Mirren just months later.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its genuinely staggering that you've spent about 6 months seething your way through this yet still don't understand how it worked.

All 42 clubs voted on how to end the season. This is the vote you all mewl about.

The Premiership was left open for as long as possible. The other 3 divisions shut down.

The 12 Premiership clubs then all had to vote to stop the Premiership season. This is the vote where Hearts agreed to end the season, and confirm their relegation. Take a wee second and try and understand why Budge decided to keep that quiet while begging for fans to continue piling money into the club. Same reason she claimed "Hearts would only look after themselves from now on!", before, you know, helping out St Mirren just months later.

They didn't. And Hearts didn't. Just read the wooly language from Doncaster around that "vote". Or find me anywhere confirming or proving Hearts "voted" to end the season. Doncaster would not be slow releasing that info, talking about it, or having someone leak it for him, yet has he done that once?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

12 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

For the next few weeks we will mostly be watching Scottish football implode while resting slightly more easier than fans of clubs who don't have 150k a month coming into their coffers even when not playing football.

And yet you're still in what league? 

😄😄

You're still coming across a bit ⬇️

tenor (3).gif

Edited by Spring Onion

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

They didn't. And Hearts didn't. Just read the wooly language from Doncaster around that "site" that I seem to remember changed a bit. Or find me anywhere confirming for proving Hearts "voted" to end the season. Doncaster would not be slow releasing that info, talking about it, or having someone leak it for him, yet has he done that once?

Genuine question - where is said, apart from by you and Kickback etc., that Hearts didn't agree / vote / whatever to end the Premier season, contrary to the numerous reports that say all 12 clubs did?

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

find me anywhere confirming or proving Hearts "voted" to end the season. 

26 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

21 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

David Winnie was in that meeting 

Someone at the meeting where Hearts voted to end the season has clarified.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

Genuine question - where is said, apart from by you and Kickback etc., that Hearts didn't agree / vote / whatever to end the Premier season, contrary to the numerous reports that say all 12 clubs did?

It's not a genuine question is it though. Why would Hearts vote to end the season the way it was ended? Do you really believe that? And they then sued the SPFL for ending the league?

There was one vote to end the league and Hearts voted against. So did Dundee until they changed their mind. There was then a "meeting"

Don't you think Doncaster would have mentioned this specific Hearts vote. He hasn't once.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone at the meeting where Hearts voted to end the season has clarified.

Hearts did not vote to end the season at that meeting. Prove otherwise. 

To suggest Hearts voted themselves into the Championship is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The league had already "ended" Football had stopped. Games could not be played. FFS. You've all been brainwashed. I know you're relieved it wasn't your team but get a grip and have some fucking empathy for other football fans. If not Hearts then Stranraer, Thistle or whoever. 

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
12 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

And yet you're still in what league? 

😄😄

You're still coming across a bit ⬇️

tenor (3).gif

Voted your relegation rival down to save your own lizard skin.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

To suggest Hearts voted themselves into the Championship is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The league had already "ended" Football had stopped. Games could not be played. FFS. You've all been brainwashed. I know you're relieved it wasn't your team but get a grip and have some fucking empathy for other football fans. If not Hearts then Stranraer, Thistle or whoever. 

Screenshot_20200923-213004_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It's not a genuine question is it though. Why would Hearts vote to end the season the way it was ended? Do you really believe that? And they then sued the SPFL for ending the league?

There was one vote to end the league and Hearts voted against. So did Dundee until they changed their mind. There was then a "meeting"

Don't you think Doncaster would have mentioned this specific Hearts vote. He hasn't once.

So conjecture then.  That's a pretty strong basis for your continued postings, that's for sure.  

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

So conjecture then.  That's a pretty strong basis for your continued postings, that's for sure.  

So you think Hearts voted themselves to be demoted after 30 games? ok..... Incredible how fans are backing Doncaster like this. 

Find me a quote from him that essentially says what you are saying, something like "Hearts themselves voted to end the league" or "voted themselves into the Championship" because they both mean the same thing in the circumstances, and I'll give you a big gold star and admit I'm wrong.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo

This is what I was looking for. There was no "vote". There was a meeting, a consultation at which who knows what was promised or said. There was certainly no vote. It was the board's decision. They'd made their mind up already.

From: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/spfl-vote-passed-hearts-owner-ann-budge-lead-league-reconstruction-task-force-hamiltons-les-gray-2539710

“The resolution also gives authority to the board to make a decision on the remainder of the Ladbrokes Premiership season and the board is committed to consulting with Premiership clubs before any such decision is made.”

12 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I literally just gave you a direct quote from someone who was at the meeting.

There's my proof they did.

You prove to me they didnt, with someone equally factual.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I literally just gave you a direct quote from someone who was at the meeting.

There's my proof they did.

You prove to me they didnt, with someone equally factual.

I just posted a Doncaster quote that said the Board had the authority but would "consult" with clubs.

Use your brain. Which do you think is more realistic:

Hearts voting "Yes" to being demoted after 30 games

Hearts voting "No" to being demoted after 30 games