St Johnstone v Hibernian, Sunday 23/08/20

Screenshot_20200823-194324_Chrome.jpg.d0432f8aca57a035d0a2ebbaffc11ad4.jpg

Not sure how anyone can either defend Gordon for this, or claim he was pushed into the player.

Hes all over the Hibs player, who's making the most of it, and is just asking the ref to give a foul against him.

Add in his inability to complete a pass over 10 yards, and he's shown himself as the weakest of the three this season. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200823-194324_Chrome.jpg.d0432f8aca57a035d0a2ebbaffc11ad4.jpg

Not sure how anyone can either defend Gordon for this, or claim he was pushed into the player.

Hes all over the Hibs player, who's making the most of it, and is just asking the ref to give a foul against him.

Add in his inability to complete a pass over 10 yards, and he's shown himself as the weakest of the three this season. 

I don’t want to upset his old man, but he’s seemed like a lumbering oaf this season.

edited to add: I hate to be the guy who says ‘I told you so’, but could Neil Warnock have been the man to get the best out of the big lad? Personally I think he would’ve thrived under Neil’s guidance. 

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

4 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I don’t want to upset his old man, but he’s seemed like a lumbering oaf this season.

edited to add: I hate to be the guy who says ‘I told you so’, but could Neil Warnock have been the man to get the best out of the big lad? Personally I think he would’ve thrived under Neil’s guidance. 

I think the main difference is Callum is expecting them all to be ball playing centre backs or at least be able to succeed with a wide range of passing, quite rightly so imo. Whether Liam or Jamie can succeed at this is another matter. It's just another part of Callums system that doesn't work with the players available imo.

Jason Kerr has a better range of passing mainly because he's been brought up a midfielder then changed to a CB. I think EVERY player on the pitch should be a competent footballer first, then you can pigeon hole the fuckers, goalkeeper included.

6 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Hibs fans lauding their team for the type of performance they've been lambasting Aberdeen for the past 24 months. *mock outrage head shake and cuh!*

Welcome to the shitfest. You're going to love (hate) it

Shhhhhhh

spongebob kms GIF by Brooke

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I think the main difference is Callum is expecting them all to be ball playing centre backs or at least be able to succeed with a wide range of passing, quite rightly so imo. Whether Liam or Jamie can succeed at this is another matter. It's just another part of Callums system that doesn't work with the players available imo.

Jason Kerr has a better range of passing mainly because he's been brought up a midfielder then changed to a CB. I think EVERY player on the pitch should be a competent footballer first, then you can pigeon hole the fuckers, goalkeeper included.

Again, this. Play the shape that suits the players you have and if you want to change to a new style of play, presumably because you think it will work in this league and not just because it's what you know, then slowly transition the squad. Tommy left a 3-5-2 squad that could play 4-4-2, so that should be the starting point IMO. 

That said, got to take some positives. That's 2 home games where rank refereeing has really hurt us. That happens and you suck it up, but it's still shite. Was good to see May and Booth back, hopefully a run of games for May, ideally in a front 2 with Hendry. Liam Craig let himself down though. 2 stupid reds in the first 5 games. Hopefully with Muzz back in training it at least gives us 2 CMs for Saturday, otherwise I'd put Kerr in there and go with a back 4. 

I don't think that Callum Davidson is going to have a road to Damascus moment, he's going to stick it out with what he believes in. Still to early to say if that might work out in time to avoid us getting into trouble before it clicks, it it ever does. 

Thing is, surely Callum could see that we were much better when Conway went in behind the strikers and we were 2 up top. If we’d had natural players in those positions and not Conway and O’Halloran from the start, who knows how much joy we’d have had.

Thinking back over the games since the season started  Liam Gordon has had a few of "the given the ref a decision to make" and only yesterday was the first that was decided to be a penalty law of averages i suppose, you wonder do the referees watch previous highlighted instances of their next match opponents they are to officiate? Seem to remember Sutton on commentary once going on about a player taking a foul throws then next game i think the guy gets pulled up for it ?          

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I don't think that Callum Davidson is going to have a road to Damascus moment, he's going to stick it out with what he believes in.  

I'm not sure how fair this is.

We've gone through the season so far with 2 CMs, and only one genuine striker (dont MOH/Olaofe/Robertson me).

You could probably argue a 4-4-1-1 couldve worked, but we all spent last season moaning that none of our strikers could play the lone role in that set up. Hes tried to use a system that gives attacking support to the lone striker, and defensive support to the midfield two.

Once the squad is bigger due to recovering from injuries/signings, we'll see if hes blinkered or not.