Life on Venus

Lofarl

Looks like Bowie got it wrong.  It’s to be announced today that they have found phosphine in the atmosphere of Venus.

http://astrobiology.com/2020/09/phosphine-detected-in-the-atmosphere-of-venus---an-indicator-of-possible-life.html

Have any P&Brs ever discovered microbial life in a distant planet?  Or been to Venus?

I remember reading old science fiction books where they reckoned Venus was probably a hot swampy jungle and the best bet elsewhere in the solar system for life - then the Russians sent a couple of probes and found it was more like a medieval depiction of hell.

I still don't think we've ever sent anything there that's lasted any great amount of time before ceasing transmission thanks to the temperature (7-800 degrees?) atmospheric pressure...oh aye...and sulphuric acid clouds!

41 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

@Shandön Par you got good headphones? We go......I will as always explain the good and bad.....of our shit show of a land.....put the fucking good shoes on.  LETS DANCE

We could write the constitution for this new land. Ecstasy instead of breakfast cereal. The national anthem shall be Dominator. 

13 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

We could write the constitution for this new land. Ecstasy instead of breakfast cereal. The national anthem shall be Dominator. 

I think we run together, give us a tune mate.......broken the nice looking people, we go for crazy....., 

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I remember reading old science fiction books where they reckoned Venus was probably a hot swampy jungle and the best bet elsewhere in the solar system for life - then the Russians sent a couple of probes and found it was more like a medieval depiction of hell.

I still don't think we've ever sent anything there that's lasted any great amount of time before ceasing transmission thanks to the temperature (7-800 degrees?) atmospheric pressure...oh aye...and sulphuric acid clouds!

This was not only in science fiction.

No less than Carl Sagan himself was theorising on the possibility of terraforming Venus in the early 1960s