Dundee United v Livingston

15 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Better team won, Shankland was anonymous, we’re looking solid at the back again with Guthrie and Ambrose, who would both be my contenders for man of the match, Bartley played well too.

Guthrie back to his best. Agreed that the centre halves were the best players on the park.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Guthrie back to his best. Agreed that the centre halves were the best players on the park.

Ambrose oozes class, really comfortable on the ball even under pressure. Had Shankland in the deck a couple of times with feints 

5 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Like the Killie game, Connolly just had to pass it back to the keeper, but tried to be smart, lost the ball and in turn lost us the game.

He made exactly the same mistake here as he did in the last game he started, and that’s unacceptable.

You could spend hours picking the bones of that goal. It was horrific

11 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Dundee Utd looked absolutely shite there. Can't afford too many performances like that at this level.

So pleased to see that Tiffoney's performance last week was not a fluke. He has definitely upped his game. The winning goal was classic Livi. A product of dogged determination and hard graft...helped along the way by some piss poor defending from United. Tannadice away is becoming one of my favourite fixtures. And Beaton remains my least favourite ref.

Missed the game last week but the from watching tonight, the difference in Tiffoney this season is quite incredible. Bit more composure tonight and he’d have had an assist at the very least. Has certainly bulked up but looks quicker as well. I would imagine Emmanuel-Thomas will take some time to get up to speed but on tonight’s showing that’s not a major worry. 

2 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Ambrose oozes class, really comfortable on the ball even under pressure. Had Shankland in the deck a couple of times with feints 

I particuarly liked his class when he tried to pass it back 5yds to his keeper and put it out for a corner.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

I particuarly liked his class when he tried to pass it back 5yds to his keeper and put it out for a corner.

Think there was a Utd player closing down McRorie, so probably the best decision. 

28 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Better team won, Shankland was anonymous, we’re looking solid at the back again with Guthrie and Ambrose, who would both be my contenders for man of the match, Bartley played well too.

That would make sense.  Livingston are more than capable of finishing top 6 this season.....

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That would make sense.  Livingston are more than capable of finishing top 6 this season.....

I think it’ll be tight outside Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs. If I was to guess I’d fancy Livi and Kilmarnock as the other two in the top 6

Edited by Rscot

13 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Cool as f**k bringing it out of defence under pressure, but always a bombscare moment in him, just accepted that about him though, as he's fucking class.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Fair play to Poplatnik. I was questioning the sub after a good performance from Tiffoney but he came up trumps when it counted (possibly due to a blind linesman).

Hope he gets a good run-out in the Betfred.

I thought he looked a lot fitter tonight, maybe just needed some time out the team to get up to speed and settle in. Feeling a lot more positive about our attacking options again.

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Fair play to Poplatnik. I was questioning the sub after a good performance from Tiffoney but he came up trumps when it counted (possibly due to a blind linesman).

Hope he gets a good run-out in the Betfred.

At least we have options up front this season, we were heavily reliant on Dykes last season