Camelon juniors 2020-2021

4 hours ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

Anyone who has caused a club to fold, unnecessarily, mid-season with all the costs and inconvenience that results in, should not be allowed anywhere near any other club in the league.

I read somewhere EOS are having a board meeting tonight. Got to imagine this will be discussed. You'd like to think there is something in their constitution that would make it impossible for this to happen. What's to stop it happening to another club and one that is viewed as a proper club not the way Syngenta were viewed. Are any Camelon fans concerned about the future of their club after this.

4 minutes ago, no such thing as neutral said:

I don't know. That's why I posted. What does happen next?

Well, they either let players that want to go leave without a fuss or the players try and hold the club to their contract. Where the club would just go into bankruptcy since it's being wound up anyway.

32 minutes ago, no such thing as neutral said:

Because they are Syngenta's players? How can contracts be ended without all parties agreeing?

You'll probably find the departing Syngenta staff have already released the players (hence why most of them didn't play in what looked like their last game against Ormiston) knowing what is happening and how Syngenta can't field a team because they probably don't have enough signed players now.

6 hours ago, aidan-bufc said:

To be fair he seemed to last a while with Syngenta/Pennies (assuming they were both basically the same club). 

Also seems to be potential for a project at Camelon seeing as they’ve been in a bit of mess lately and should be in a higher league or two than they currently sit.

No, there was Craigshill before... 

4 hours ago, no such thing as neutral said:

Surely the players are contracted to Syngenta, irrespective of who is paying their wages, and can't just go and play for Camelon without a transfer that is sanctioned by Syngenta?

No club means no contracts players can sign for whoever they want

10 hours ago, patriot1 said:

It’s interesting that Camelons announcements of their new signings make no mention of which team the players have come from. They list the guys previous clubs but not Syngenta.

Must be some size of a squad . Guys already their must be loving all these new additions. 

So just to get myself back up to speed having had some pals play for Pennies in the past:

- Santa ran Pennies and after merging with another amateur team in Falkirk, they basically took on the name Syngenta and entered the pyramid.

- Santa gets cabin fever and pulls the funding out of Syngenta half way through a season, meaning the club couldn't fulfil contracted wages and have essentially folded.

- Santa is appointed DoF at Camelon (basically he's approached Camelon to be a benefactor, and said he'd fund things if he's made DoF?).

- Santa fires in money and signs the now free agent Syngenta players, and the club pretends Syngenta never even existed when announcing their arrivals.

That's fucking superb, even for Camelon. Is the manager still in place?

36 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

So just to get myself back up to speed having had some pals play for Pennies in the past:

- Santa ran Pennies and after merging with another amateur team in Falkirk, they basically took on the name Syngenta and entered the pyramid.

- Santa gets cabin fever and pulls the funding out of Syngenta half way through a season, meaning the club couldn't fulfil contracted wages and have essentially folded.

- Santa is appointed DoF at Camelon (basically he's approached Camelon to be a benefactor, and said he'd fund things if he's made DoF?).

- Santa fires in money and signs the now free agent Syngenta players, and the club pretends Syngenta never even existed when announcing their arrivals.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02mJ3vnXdCGdGtnSHXx6ca8pKKNapQUKXbUFYLJoppAGqekmtSwpkR7bnPUcsjHgnYl&id=100063622748791

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

In the initial statement about him leaving Syngenta at the end of the season i’m sure it stated the coaching team too. So i’d assume he will come in too. Whether it be just now or in the summer who knows.

Will be interesting to hear the response from him directly to be honest. 

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/management-restructure-confirmed/

The club have reconstructed the first team management team with Gordon Wylde and Martin Mooney joining up with Stewart Kenny to help take the team forward.

Gordon is a very experienced Manager having previously managed at Clyde and East Stirlingshire, Martin is no stranger to Camelon having previously played and managed at the club in the past.

Director of Football, Steven Allison commented:

I am delighted to have these three guys together, Gordon’s experience will be invaluable to the club. Martins ability on the coaching field will be very important for us as we head into the remainder of the season.

Edited by Footballfirst

9 hours ago, Arnie said:

Some interview 😂😂

Let's pick the darkest part of the ground and stand there. Some of the questions and answers. 

33 players is eye watering.

Couple of questions to people that know this level better than me?

1) are all the new players coming into Camelon directly from Sygenta?

2) will bringing in players from the league below hinder or help Camelon?