Next SNP leader

git-intae-thum

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He seems a decent man. My Mum and him had a mutual friend who was very ill, and they had a few chats on the phone.

Testament to his beliefs, and considering his humble beginnings he is a credit to our Country and what can be achieved through hard work and application in a  lifetime.

2 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

As I have said, come 2021, I really hope I am wrong and there is some stunning secret plan B ready to be sprung.

You’re original point on the thread was that the dreaded STURGEON should do the ‘honourable thing’ before the SP elections next year. 

So you’re now willing to give the most popular politician in the UK who leads a party that is currently enjoying historically high polling in both constituency and independence voting intention at least a crack at the election? I’m glad, that’s progress. 

..... as moronic as an individual purposely spoiling their ballot paper on what could be our only independence vote?.......nah...not even close.
At that point I supported neither the status quo or independence - instinctively I'm a federalist.

Things have moved on - federalism is dead in the water.

And of course things have moved on since 2016 for independence - to get and win a referendum you need consistent support for it - clearly that is the case.

Explain what else could be done to move the independence cause further forward?

On 09/10/2020 at 00:46, NotThePars said:

You'll get on a lot better when you realise that Baxter Parp is a sophisticated bot we all collaborated on a few years back who alternates between sharing negative articles on the Union and obfuscating criticism of the SNP/ independence by being needlessly obtuse

^^^ taps the sign

7 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
 take it all back, she's finished.

This is worse than any Salmond cover up.

Dead to me now.

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm voting No.

Don't worry, chaps.  I've made a few posts on the Indyref2 threads just to remind you why hate rUK and Unionists.

You can retrieve your Glengarries from the bin.

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I take it all back, she's finished.

This is worse than any Salmond cover up.

Dead to me now.

Nothing worse than sitting through one of her vids with yer auntie and smiling through gritted teeth at her pish attempts at humour.

If I was a man, I'd say ''this is absolute pish, stop it showing me these.'' I'm coward though and I'll continue to fake smile and hope for it to be over.

Edited by Kejan

13 hours ago, Londonwell said:

You’re original point on the thread was that the dreaded STURGEON should do the ‘honourable thing’ before the SP elections next year. 

So you’re now willing to give the most popular politician in the UK who leads a party that is currently enjoying historically high polling in both constituency and independence voting intention at least a crack at the election? I’m glad, that’s progress. 

Aw this hero worship is just wrong. We are talking about a f@ckin politician here.

I don't really care about the SNP, but I do care about independence. I suggest she has been a bit shite as leader of the independence movement (for which she may well have no great love) and that it is events that have conspired to place both the SNP and Indy polling where it is the now rather than any inspired leadership.

Again though... the polling means nothing. We are still leaving the EU and a big new shiny UK gov office block has just been built in Edinburgh to facilitate the start of the effective winding down of Holyrood. 

6 years and we do not have a legal case for independence. In fact scotgov continues to argue against it. Well done team Nicola👍

As for the honourable thing... well if it is found that she has lied to the SP, over the timing of her knowledge of the Salmond allegations, convention says she will have to go.

Better to do the honourable thing than have the Yoon press release all the details just before the election, therefore scuppering any hope of a strong mandate for indyref2. That is what I was alluding too. There is nothing difficult about it.

Like I have said on countless occasions...I hope I am wrong. I hope Sturgeon has not lied and more so, I hope there is an ace plan B for when Boris says naw.

We will see.

17 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Aw this hero worship is just wrong. We are talking about a f@ckin politician here.

I don't really care about the SNP, but I do care about independence. I suggest she has been a bit shite as leader of the independence movement (for which she may well have no great love) and that it is events that have conspired to place both the SNP and Indy polling where it is the now rather than any inspired leadership.

Again though... the polling means nothing. We are still leaving the EU and a big new shiny UK gov office block has just been built in Edinburgh to facilitate the start of the effective winding down of Holyrood. 

6 years and we do not have a legal case for independence. In fact scotgov continues to argue against it. Well done team Nicola👍

As for the honourable thing... well if it is found that she has lied to the SP, over the timing of her knowledge of the Salmond allegations, convention says she will have to go.

Better to do the honourable thing than have the Yoon press release all the details just before the election, therefore scuppering any hope of a strong mandate for indyref2. That is what I was alluding too. There is nothing difficult about it.

Like I have said on countless occasions...I hope I am wrong. I hope Sturgeon has not lied and more so, I hope there is an ace plan B for when Boris says naw.

We will see.

Bit of a leap there, what do you base this on?

24 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

We will see.

It’s nothing to do with hero worship- she has the highest approval ratings of any of the high profile politicians in the UK. It’s called dealing in reality, as opposed to Yer Da uninformed pish. You should try it sometime. 

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

It’s nothing to do with hero worship- she has the highest approval ratings of any of the high profile politicians in the UK. It’s called dealing in reality, as opposed to Yer Da uninformed pish. You should try it sometime. 

"yer da" 🤣 Absolute cringe patter. 

The reality is we have yet to see any plan that is going to get us independent. After 6 years of waiting!!!

That is the reality.

17 minutes ago, Funkee said:

Bit of a leap there, what do you base this on?

Hmmm....the fact she has been to more Brexit rallies in London than independence ones in Scotland in the past 6 years for a start.

23 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yip.....find out after the election in 2021.

I genuinely hope we are not all being marched up the hill again👍

What hill, what march?

2014 was lost and who in the name of coherence could argue for such a swift rerun whilst polls showed no substantial shift?

It is now that time seems to kind and yet you are obsessing over the prospect of an internecine conflict.

Strange.

We both know who the next leader won't be