Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

Not enjoying S8 as much as 7. Iain Stirling really is an insufferable arsehole and is doing his best to make the show all about him. Maybe just the way it's edited but I get the feeling Joe Thomas and Paul Sinha have similar feelings about him. Joe Thomas has always come across as a bit of a snooty arsehole so it says a lot that he really hasn't got on my nerves compared to Stirling.

Sian Gibson is a bit of a MILF and Lou Sanders is an absolute honey in it. They are making me stick around tbh.
To make it worse he's now pronounced chutney as "chootney", the fucking arsehole.

Is the blonde woman in the current series pregnant during filming? She sits on the chair the same way a pregnant woman would sit, but when she stands up for the final task I’m not sure she is. 
Yeah she was pregnant during shooting. She was a big lassie to begin with so maybe just isn't as noticeable when she stands.

53 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:
Is the blonde woman in the current series pregnant during filming? She sits on the chair the same way a pregnant woman would sit, but when she stands up for the final task I’m not sure she is. 

Yeah she was pregnant during shooting. She was a big lassie to begin with so maybe just isn't as noticeable when she stands.

Thought she was going to be insufferable after watching the first episode but I’ve found her quite funny on a few occasions. Never seen her on the television before this series, I assume she is a stand up comic or some such. 

Thought she was going to be insufferable after watching the first episode but I’ve found her quite funny on a few occasions. Never seen her on the television before this series, I assume she is a stand up comic or some such. 
She's the co-creator of the sitcom This Country. I highly recommend that as well tbh. She's very good in it.

The shit contestants make the show, tbh.

Joe Wilkinson and the potato was one of the greatest moments of television ever. Genuinely destroyed him.

Find the ones who actually care about the result annoying. I used to like Katherine Parkinson but she's been grating in the studio episodes this, genuinely in a strop the last episode.

Joe Wilkinson and the potato was one of the greatest moments of television ever. Genuinely destroyed him.
Find the ones who actually care about the result annoying. I used to like Katherine Parkinson but she's been grating in the studio episodes this, genuinely in a strop the last episode.
Aye Katherine Parkinson is a weird one. I can't tell if she really is just a torn faced cow who is desperate for work and took on this gig, or if it's all a comedic act. Can't help but think it's the former. She's still good to look at mind you.

14 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Johnny's face when his house of beermats fell is one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen on TV

It was excellent :lol: easy to see it was something he had prior experience of. Can absolutely imagine him sitting in some pub, licking the side of beermats to create a beermat pyramid, he thought he had the task absolutely nailed. 

Not that this series isn’t good, but I would loved to have seen Johnny Vegas on the show with some better contestants alongside him. You can tell from some of the tasks that he’s a real clever guy as well. He was brilliant in the task where they had to convince an old guy to choose their item they had hidden inside a bag. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye Katherine Parkinson is a weird one. I can't tell if she really is just a torn faced cow who is desperate for work and took on this gig, or if it's all a comedic act. Can't help but think it's the former. She's still good to look at mind you.

I’ve only ever seen her in the IT Crowd prior to this, but I get the feeling she has been brought up amongst quite serious wealth. It’s easy for her to look uncomfortable when sitting beside Johnny Vegas. Not a sleight on her as a person as I think she has a very warming personality, and is quite an unconsciously humourus individual. I actually think all the contestants on this series bring something to the table. Richard Herring constantly gets the piss taken out him but he comes across as just the most innocent, pleasant guy you could meet. 

@19QOS19 I’ve watched the first 5 episodes of This Country that you had recommended. That sort of humour is right up my street and I’m really enjoying it so far. That kind of spoof documentary comedy is brilliant when done well, along the same lines as the UK Office in a way. Hope it manages to keep the same standard over the second and third series’. 

On 12/12/2020 at 00:26, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve only ever seen her in the IT Crowd prior to this, but I get the feeling she has been brought up amongst quite serious wealth. It’s easy for her to look uncomfortable when sitting beside Johnny Vegas. Not a sleight on her as a person as I think she has a very warming personality, and is quite an unconsciously humourus individual. I actually think all the contestants on this series bring something to the table. Richard Herring constantly gets the piss taken out him but he comes across as just the most innocent, pleasant guy you could meet. 

@19QOS19 I’ve watched the first 5 episodes of This Country that you had recommended. That sort of humour is right up my street and I’m really enjoying it so far. That kind of spoof documentary comedy is brilliant when done well, along the same lines as the UK Office in a way. Hope it manages to keep the same standard over the second and third series’. 

She went to an all girls school in Kensington before studying classics at Oxford. I dont know about wealth but she couldnt have come from a much more different background to Vegas!

This Country looks shite. Im going to watch it and if it is, I'll be back on here

She went to an all girls school in Kensington before studying classics at Oxford. I dont know about wealth but she couldnt have come from a much more different background to Vegas!
This Country looks shite. Im going to watch it and if it is, I'll be back on here
You can apologies later 8)