ICT v Arbroath

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

This is the address to email regarding yesterday's farce of football coverage

spflsupport@streamamg.helpscoutapp.com

And here is the standard reply you can expect:

"I am sorry to hear you experienced problems during the game.

As you did not get in touch with us during the game we are unable to offer a refund.
If you do have problems during a game please ensure that you register the issue during the game to technical support, including details of the device and browser you are using as well as any error message that you receive. This will help us investigating the issue and promptly fix it.
Thank you for your understanding".

Trying to suggest that it is your browser or device that is causing the problems 🤦🏻

Edited by PB1994

2 minutes ago, lanarkshire_lichtie said:

I emailed the spfl support streaming address that was on the booking. I’ll keep up the pressure and see what happens.

I'd heard of some ICT fans emailing the club after the shambolic Ayr game with the bald linesman and getting no reply from the club whatsoever.

56 minutes ago, lanarkshire_lichtie said:

I emailed the spfl support streaming address that was on the booking. I’ll keep up the pressure and see what happens.

I emailed 15 mins into game  v Ayr saying that the stream was not working on my device ( hoping to advice on how to rectify) they sent a reply to me on  the Sunday night at 17.40, even though I reported during game was still refused refund 

49 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Oft. That's brutal. If Caley aren't offering any refund if their stream fucks up then I'd definitely not look to buy when we play them. 

You pay the SPFL. Why should ICT be giving out refunds?

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

You pay the SPFL. Why should ICT be giving out refunds?

Because you've paid a tenner to watch a football match and then the club's service fails to meet the standard? Plenty of clubs have worked with pixelot to get the service to a suitable level. Other clubs have stuck with using a person behind a camera to film games rather than the AI system. Why should Caley be immune from questioning about this? Especially when their customer service currently equates to "Lol no" when people call them out on the service not working. 

Because you've paid a tenner to watch a football match and then the club's service fails to meet the standard? Plenty of clubs have worked with pixelot to get the service to a suitable level. Other clubs have stuck with using a person behind a camera to film games rather than the AI system. Why should Caley be immune from questioning about this? Especially when their customer service currently equates to "Lol no" when people call them out on the service not working. 
ICT shouldnt be immune but they've effectively sub-contracted the whole thing out and its that party that are at fault not the club directly.

However, if the club continue to use them and stick their head in the sand they can obviously be blamed for that.

53 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

So “not immune from questioning” now means “must refund money that has been paid to another party”.
Apart from that, I agree that 2 fuckups is more than enough. I paid for the stream last week and expected there would be improvements this time. People have not received satisfaction from emailing the club but few have got any joy from the SPFL either.

ETA - a lot of the streaming problems are down to ICT but going by the feedback on CTO last week many of our complaints were due to the login and payment system which is down to the SPFL.

Edited by The Mantis

36 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

So “not immune from questioning” now means “must refund money that has been paid to another party”.
Apart from that, I agree that 2 fuckups is more than enough. I paid for the stream last week and expected there would be improvements this time. People have not received satisfaction from emailing the club but few have got any joy from the SPFL either.

ETA - a lot of the streaming problems are down to ICT but going by the feedback on CTO last week many of our complaints were due to the login and payment system which is down to the SPFL.

None of it is down to ICT as such but the only way to get ICT's games online is via this system because that's what ICT have chosen to do. And regardless of who collects the cash, the funds (in theory) belong to ICT. In practice at the moment they don't because they go to clearing the cost of the package directly before ICT receive a penny.

If the system is not fit for purpose (and a system which is being nationally ridiculed for following a linesman's head instead of the ball and managed to miss at least one goal yesterday is NOT yet fit for purpose) then refunds should be issued. A service is being offered that is not being provided. Those refunds should come from whoever is actually running the system. I'm not sure that actually is the SPFL. I think it's AMG / Pixellot. But effectively every refund issued or denied comes out of or into ICT's pocket. If refunds are issued then the debt ICT have to the service provider will not have been reduced as much as it should have been.

As things stand right now I wouldn't pay for a stream of an away game at Caley. That's not an immediate concern as we're not there until January. But I imagine most away fans will be the same. Regardless of whose fault this debacle is, ICT are the one losing gate income from it if people won't buy it and ICT are the ones who chose what to do and have a responsibility to sort it out / provide an alternative.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

None of it is down to ICT as such but the only way to get ICT's games online is via this system because that's what ICT have chosen to do. And regardless of who collects the cash, the funds (in theory) belong to ICT. In practice at the moment they don't because they go to clearing the cost of the package directly before ICT receive a penny.

If the system is not fit for purpose (and a system which is being nationally ridiculed for following a linesman's head instead of the ball and managed to miss at least one goal yesterday is NOT yet fit for purpose) then refunds should be issued. A service is being offered that is not being provided. Those refunds should come from whoever is actually running the system. I'm not sure that actually is the SPFL. I think it's AMG / Pixellot. But effectively every refund issued or denied comes effectively out of or into ICT's pocket. If refunds are issued then the debt ICT have to the service provider will not have been reduced as much as it should have been.

As things stand right now I wouldn't pay for a stream of an away game at Caley. That's not an immediate concern as we're not there until January. But I imagine most away fans will be the same. Regardless of whose fault this debacle is, ICT are the one losing gate income from it if people won't buy it and ICT are the ones who chose what to do and have a responsibility to sort it out / provide an alternative.

I can appreciate everything you’re saying. Although presumably ICT are only getting a proportion after the SPFL take their cut. And I blame ICT/Gardiner for not listening to our complaints from last week. It’s been reported that the pixellot system has worked well without a cameraman at other clubs, in which case the baldy linesman/sun in the camera episode was an accident waiting to happen.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

None of it is down to ICT. All of this is down to ICT

I'm sorry but my contract is between me and ICT and I'm not really sure that they have delivered.

I lasted until half time last week and once bitten i found myself too busy to be invested yesterday.

As it happens in not overly fussed as I recognise that the club doesn't have two brass farthings to rub together and I can forgive them the poor call on a system that is compromised by more than a shiny skull.

If the system is not fit for purpose (and a system which is being nationally ridiculed for following a linesman's head instead of the ball and managed to miss at least one goal yesterday is NOT yet fit for purpose) then refunds should be issued. A service is being offered that is not being provided. Those refunds should come from whoever is actually running the system. I'm not sure that actually is the SPFL. I think it's AMG / Pixellot. But effectively every refund issued or denied comes out of or into ICT's pocket. If refunds are issued then the debt ICT have to the service provider will not have been reduced as much as it should have been.
It will be AMG dealing with the customer service and refunds. Pixellots involvement ends when the video feed is sent to AMG, at least in this case.
I'm sorry but my contract is between me and ICT and I'm not really sure that they have delivered.
I lasted until half time last week and once bitten i found myself too busy to be invested yesterday.
As it happens in not overly fussed as I recognise that the club doesn't have two brass farthings to rub together and I can forgive them the poor call on a system that is compromised by more than a shiny skull.
I'm not sure your contract is with ICT.

The point though is that the club has no control over the camera, the platform, the customer service or the refunds. Apart from deciding to use them or to continue to use them if indeed they do.

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I'm not sure your contract is with ICT.

The point though is that the club has no control over the camera, the platform, the customer service or the refunds. Apart from deciding to use them or to continue to use them if indeed they do.

As a season ticket holder I have only one contract but given that I'm inured to bad service from a range of service providers, I'm happy to wait this out and cherish the prospect of getting back in the ground.